PDA

View Full Version : First Ever Shots of SEGA Rally PS3

wraggster
January 16th, 2007, 18:30
via IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/755/755534p1.html)

We can exclusively reveal the first shots of SEGA Rally on PS3 - the newest entry in SEGA's mud-slinging driving game. Speed freaks with a fetish for filth will be delighted to hear the game's set to speed onto Sony's next-gen console this winter.

While these screens might not be actual in-race footage, they show off SEGA Rally's in-game engine splendidly, being "indicative" (according to a UK SEGA representative) of the final PS3 release.

While actual gameplay details are thin on the ground, its already evident that SEGA's upping the detail factor from previous iterations of the game, with cars spattering up mud and carving through the dirt, much like PS3's other big racing game MotorStorm. Of course, questions remain including whether the weight of your car, size of your tyres and speed will affect those next-gen physics, but then that's what relentless future preview coverage is for, right? Similarly, time should reveal the extent of SEGA's damage engine - and, frankly, if we don't get scratched paintwork, crumpled bumpers and flailing car parts ricochetting through the air, we'd be very surprised.

Don't fret though, SEGA is promising more concrete information on SEGA Rally PS3 soon.

Screens Via Comments

JKKDARK
January 16th, 2007, 18:37
It looks awesome! I love Sega Rally :)

Cap'n 1time
January 16th, 2007, 18:59
Wow... just wow! I hope they port it to other consoles :)

Elven6
January 16th, 2007, 20:14
Wasen't this also coming out on the 360?

lemoe
January 16th, 2007, 20:16
Wasen't this also coming out on the 360?

:O I hope so

Elven6
January 17th, 2007, 15:45
Just checked at IGN and it is!

dejkirkby
January 17th, 2007, 15:57
These screens show the graphical dominamce of the PS3. I'd love to see some 360 shot to compare against.

Darksaviour69
January 17th, 2007, 16:00
yeah its coming out on the 360, i know (kind of) one of the programmers for it. I get the impression from him that the 360 and p3s are about the same on power, i.e. both versions should look the same