PDA

View Full Version : Robotic Arm PSP Mod

wraggster
January 16th, 2007, 18:34
Are you a lazy bast ?, well heres something that may interest, some modder has posted a video of a robotic arm playing the PSP.

Video Here --> http://www.youtube.com/v/FoL6Rc2L4zk

Hungry Horace
January 16th, 2007, 19:02
that looks brilliantly.... pointless!

scarph
January 16th, 2007, 19:27
you need it to touch yourself horace :) :)

S34MU5
January 16th, 2007, 20:52
Thats crap

carlitx
January 16th, 2007, 20:53
meh nothing worth saying

Shrygue
January 16th, 2007, 20:57
Not all that good.

LAMPRO
January 16th, 2007, 21:07
looks like homie has waaay to much time on his hands. and wtf, just pick it up and play it urself, why go through all that mess, unless you are gonna make some huge breakthrough using robotics and psp, but i dunno. lol. do some homework or something!- wait maybe this was his homework- to make a robot do something you dont need it to do!! lol!!!

aries2k4
January 16th, 2007, 21:14
Well.....itīs diferent idea, lol.
what would be interesting is using the psp wi-fi capabilities to control a robot.

Vega
January 16th, 2007, 21:21
that looks brilliantly.... pointless!

My thoughts exactly

jerrt
January 16th, 2007, 22:01
well with that setup he will have the highest score ever thought possible on the wtf game. just let it run on one game for a few weeks and you would have all the credit you would need to have everything in the store.

although it does sort of defeat the purpose of the game. but some games make players learn new things, this player learned how to make a robot do his work. [:

crypysmoker
January 16th, 2007, 22:28
well with that setup he will have the highest score ever thought possible on the wtf game. just let it run on one game for a few weeks and you would have all the credit you would need to have everything in the store.

although it does sort of defeat the purpose of the game. but some games make players learn new things, this player learned how to make a robot do his work. [:

I agree... and I also have your NNy avatar tattoded on my arm lol ;)

BUt, talk about a waste of brain power, I mean if the kid was smart enough to do this, he should have done somethign else. all it does is push the same button over an dover...... very few games need you to do that.

psp411
January 16th, 2007, 23:12
looks like homie has waaay to much time on his hands.

HAHAHA DATS WUT IM SAYIN!!

:rofl:

DarthPaul
January 16th, 2007, 23:20
lol!!!

Kamon
January 16th, 2007, 23:47
He must not be very good at video games if he spends all his time building robots to play them for him!

Hooligan8200
January 17th, 2007, 02:11
I read the comments before actually watching the video thinking what could have been wrong with it. It seemed so cool. But then i watched the video and realised i had misread the description. :( It would have been cooler if he was controlling a robotic arm with the psp.

Chalkbot
January 17th, 2007, 04:45
It's not simply pressing the button. If you'd spent any time playing the game shown here (WTF) you'd recognize this to be the wood chopping mini-game... which I find to be incredibly difficult and very frustrating when you lose. The camera on the PSP screen is programed to look for blocks of wood and then activate the motorized button pushing thing. This is a fantastic setup. My highest score EVER on that game is only like 92, this rig could totally beat that in like 10 minutes. I always wondered if it would count past 999, but I could never get that high to see. I find this very intriguing. Nicely done.

Hungry Horace
January 17th, 2007, 18:31
you need it to touch yourself horace :) :)

wow, a change of nickname DJK and you're still being a retard. save it for someone who cares.

IndianCheese
January 17th, 2007, 21:17
Being that playing video games might just be the laziest activity ever, someone playing it with a robot couldn't be any more lazy.

S34MU5
January 17th, 2007, 21:26
Chalkbot....
thats called cheating, you do that when your
A: eight years old
B: a n00b
C: Its Grand Theft Auto

This "mod" (if you can call it that) is the worst i have ever seen. sorry but i could rig ti up in about 20 seconds

F9zDark
January 17th, 2007, 21:41
Yeah its not all that hard...

But I gotta give him props anyway, he is experimenting and who knows, maybe one day, he'll end creating a robot that is actually useful for something.

Hungry Horace
January 17th, 2007, 23:23
@ the last two posts.

err, no. it's not that easy, and you could -not- rig that up in 20 seconds.

the robot arm is actually pretty impressive if it's all done at home with no budget.

what's lame about it is the use it's being put to, F9zDark was right about that. such creations have better purposes than mashing buttons on a PSP... this is why previously i called it "brilliantly" pointless.