PDA

View Full Version : Sora adventure 0.2 video trailer (finally a show of progress)

gunntims0103
January 16th, 2007, 22:24
Well i think its about time everyone seen the progress that has been made on soras adventure. This game has been in development for quite some time now and i thought id show the followers of this project just whats been done so far.

This project has literally been in development for months and usually gets stuck in development at various times. none the less its a big leap in development from what 0.1 was.

whats been done so far-

-Code has been rewritten for various optimizations
-A.I (a big thanks to Mexicansnake on this)
-sidescrolling (big thanks to zion for help with this)
-sprites(a huge thanks to apoklepz and shadowblind, who have been apart of this project from the start)

theres been so much done so far heres a video of progress (video created by S34mu5)

http://www.youtube.com/v/y584aJgOMdo

A special thanks to all who have been affiliated with this project!

-shadowblind
-apoklepz
-mexicansnake
-zion
-yaustar
-s34mu5
-don
-benh

And another thanks to beta testers and all who i forgot in credits since there's just been so many.

see video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y584aJgOMdo. if your having trouble viewing it on this thread.

Look for a release very soon.

Fixed by $n!pR :D

Hobobo
January 16th, 2007, 22:28
I wish I could see the video but I have to download some plugin for Opera... no idea which one.

Looking forward to the game though :)

Xiofire
January 16th, 2007, 22:31
Yeah, i cant see the video either, but cant wait for this :)
-Xiofire

S34MU5
January 16th, 2007, 22:38
Youtube takes ages before its actually on.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y584aJgOMdo

Xiofire
January 16th, 2007, 22:47
Youtube takes ages before its actually on.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y584aJgOMdo

Looks great, the scrolling seems more fluid then previous BETA revisions.
Keep up the excellent work.
-Xiofire

gunntims0103
January 16th, 2007, 23:21
thanks $n!pR for the video fix :)

also heres a quick video of the psp actually accessing the game via eboot (which looks great)

I also forgot to mention that the game does infact have sound!

heres a another quick vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgoBw0s4_ss

Curse my not knowing how to show vids on post :P

Thanks guys :)

xg917
January 16th, 2007, 23:30
lol, im looking forward to playing KH on psp :)

mexicansnake
January 16th, 2007, 23:42
YAY I hope you like it Im currently working in this game :D gunn dont post this at QJ!!!!.

gunntims0103
January 16th, 2007, 23:50
YAY I hope you like it Im currently working in this game :D gunn dont post this at QJ!!!!.

yea definitly will try to avoid doing so!

ey mexicansnake we have to work on collision, as thats the main thing thats left. maybe we can knock that out sometime soon along with other various things. Hope your up for it :)

mexicansnake
January 16th, 2007, 23:54
Im up bro!!! and Im coding also!!!!, I have school but Im working!!!. Ill finish soon:D.

Poor Zion that game is really cool and they posted a wrong video, so please dont try to post there ANY vid...

baracki96
January 16th, 2007, 23:55
Now This is what I think about when I think Homebrew. Excellent work guys, keepin' alive the homebrew spirit with excellent home made games is what it's all about. I look forward to a release.

carlitx
January 17th, 2007, 01:07
I cant wait for this man nice work looks like a gba game:) ill beta test if u want just pm me bout it!

gunntims0103
January 17th, 2007, 01:13
yea a new list of beta testers must be drawn up :)

Il take you into consideration in the future

Good to see users enjoying the progress of sora adventure

PT9087*2
January 17th, 2007, 01:17
Looks good. but this is not a game that i would enjoi.

gunntims0103
January 17th, 2007, 02:36
mexicansnake is adding his inplaments into the code and il be getting a beta of that work in a few days, then il be adding my parts. Then it will get sent to various sprite editors and gfx artist for sprite revisions.

Thanks all.

ninja9393
January 17th, 2007, 03:04
nice vid gunntims

cant wait for the release!

Shadowblind
January 17th, 2007, 04:00
Looks awesome! Progress is pickin up :)

Now for the comments: Sora spat on the heartless to kill it o_0

The last boss: Awesome chicken dance :D

mexicansnake
January 17th, 2007, 05:03
Well I did that boss dance but, Im fixing it to make it slower cuz the life status have a snippet to do so but Ill do a new scene with speech to make it slower...
Thats not fast but Ill do it :D.

Ill do some collisions that isnt easy cuz the code is higher than 25kb now...

shadowprophet
January 17th, 2007, 07:13
Gunn this looks sweet!!! I cant wait bro!!!:thumbup:

dejkirkby
January 17th, 2007, 12:27
What with this and Zion's Zelda homage, the PSP homebrew gaming scene could be having a second wind.
Keep us informed matey!

Gold Line
January 17th, 2007, 12:36
zelda and kingdom hearts for the psp yes!!!!!!!

razorak
January 17th, 2007, 12:38
looks good...the poor psp was charging...lol

mr_nick666
January 17th, 2007, 12:54
What with this and Zion's Zelda homage, the PSP homebrew gaming scene could be having a second wind.
Keep us informed matey!

Indeed so! :thumbup: Not that the "wind" of homebrew ever went below a breeze! ;)

Looks great guys - Keenly awaiting a release! :p

Cloud_35
January 17th, 2007, 15:05
The game looks great!!!!! I have no words:D you keep it up

S34MU5
January 17th, 2007, 16:21
It was my PSP :P

and it was the USB cable was in which has a built in AC adapter......

gunntims0103
January 17th, 2007, 19:35
Thanks for all the comments guys :D

Belive me the story i have cooked up for this game is going to look great :)

between cloud having a half brother, and a whole new master to test sora's will the games will definity be intense. Im awaiting a beta from mexicansnake, once i get that then i can proceed to change the sprites around to better fit the story. More so apoklepz will be doing alot of that as he's one of the sprite editors. :)

The release will most likly be a demo then followed by a final release with full story and levels. :D

Shrygue
January 17th, 2007, 19:44
That was a good video of the current progress, keep up the good work!

carlitx
January 17th, 2007, 19:52
i still cant wait:P i love KH even though the only one i have is chain of memories for gba b/c of my lack of ps2yness but i love that game so much finished it 3 times:P

gunntims0103
January 17th, 2007, 20:05
i still cant wait:P i love KH even though the only one i have is chain of memories for gba b/c of my lack of ps2yness but i love that game so much finished it 3 times:P

yea kh:com was great for gba. I owned that one and kh1 for ps2. Both were great games and i hear kh2 is even better.

The thing i like about kh is that i can turn the story any which way i like. Also it gives me the basis to put outside characters from other series such as marvel (blackheart). he always looked like a heartless to me, opppsss im putting out to much of the story! :D

Well il keep you guys updated :)

CaptainMorgan4
January 17th, 2007, 23:56
KH2 was cool but I beat it to quickly and liek the story just mashed together and I forget alot of it, I should play it again but I don't really play PS2 anymore.

carlitx
January 18th, 2007, 00:10
well i hope that there is a playable version of this soon :D

kayhanbakid
January 18th, 2007, 06:38
Keep up the great work!

BTW, I thought the story from kh2 was great. You should play it because you might have missed some things. And KH COM was the best GBA game. Kingdom Hearts is just awesome.

Xehanort
February 10th, 2007, 11:30
Ned A tester I'l do It

I'm the greates Kingdom Hearts Fan in the World

S34MU5
June 1st, 2007, 07:44
we need to get this going again guys,

if you look at the vid (which I posted) it has had a few comments recently.

also if you click the "links" section, you can see on psp fanboy and stuff there have been articles about it.

wowzors
June 20th, 2007, 09:34
Yes! you used my intro screen :D Looks fantastic so far, grat work guys.

Vega
June 20th, 2007, 13:44
super work gunntims, keep it up :) looks really good.