PDA

View Full Version : Datel LAN Adapter Released

wraggster
January 17th, 2007, 06:42
The official one is a swine to get hold of but luckily Datel are here to the rescue, heres the details:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.83732.002.jpg

features
Connect your Wii to the internet via cable network.
USB 2.0 connection to your Wii.
Plugs into DSL/cable modem or router.
Includes 6ft patch cable.
Faster connection than WiFi.

description
Link your Wii to your current network!

You’ve got a Nintendo Wii. You have a broadband internet connection on your PC. You’ve heard about all the fun things you can do online with your console. Yet when it comes to connecting your Wii to the net, you don’t know where to start. You need the Wii LAN Adapter…

With our amazing new LAN Adapter for the Nintendo Wii, you can create a wired high-speed internet connection for your console. Just plug the Adapter into your Wii, and then connect it to your PC’s DSL or Cable modem or your router using the six-foot patch cable supplied. It’s as simple as that!

Because Wii LAN Adapter uses a cable connection, it always offers a high-speed, reliable connection. It’s ideal for places where wireless connectivity isn't possible, perhaps because of thick walls or interference from other products. At last, you can enjoy uninterrupted online gaming!

More Info /buy here --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-10v-49-en-84-j-70-1slw.html

Demolition49
January 17th, 2007, 17:22
Interesting to know its actually faster than wifi, now im actually interested. But all that cabling is a nusence.

poshrule_uk
June 9th, 2007, 23:56
Hi

I was wondering if any one could help me with a small problem I am having please?

I have brought the Datel LAN Adapter for Nintendo Wii and opened up the item today and I know have a problem if any one could help me please!

Firstly the lead does not stretch to my computer, I am presuming I can buy a lead to extend it? And if so where from?

Secondly it apparently plugs into the back of my router but I have no spare space to plug it? Can I buy some kind of device to split it so both parts can be plugged in? I am presuming this goes into the slot marked "DSL' or can I unplug the part marked 'DSL' and just plug this in its place?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve

prophecy
June 10th, 2007, 21:27
its amazing how you can just buy this stuff cheaper and its more readily available, but when big companies such as Nintendo buy into this stuff and put their names on it its expensive. http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/usb_ethernet_adapter.html

bmemike
June 10th, 2007, 21:38
Standard 100baseT ethernet is always faster than that Wii's wifi. They're just stating something that's a fact and trying to sell it as some sort of "feature". Since we don't have any online play or large downloadable content (at this stage), there's no real benefit to having a faster connection than wifi (and there's no hassle of running wires).

Since wifi is standard, I would assume that any such net-enabled games would have less of a bandwidth requirement than current online console games. Take a look at the 360 for example - tethered ethernet is the standard, not wifi.

ciper
June 11th, 2007, 04:53
Wifi or direct cable connection will have no difference in speed unless you can download at over 1MB (thats megaBYTE) per second.