PDA

View Full Version : PSP v2 concept art

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 17th, 2007, 08:35
The following image is a piece of concept art by what one gamer thinks the revised edition of the PSP may look like. Notice its integrated mobile functionality, will Sony move to take on the iPhone?

Check it out Via Comments

steve-b
January 17th, 2007, 09:13
eww. that is UGLY

b8a
January 17th, 2007, 11:51
Uggh. That is bad. Although, after the relatively poor design of the PS3 and that boomerang controller they almost tried to pawn off on us, I'm not sure if I'd trust them to do any better! (Let's hope they do... The current PSP is a work of art)

razorak
January 17th, 2007, 11:56
looks weird and well....somewhat wrong

Baboon
January 17th, 2007, 12:56
The d-pad looks worse on that version than the current model! lol

razorak
January 17th, 2007, 13:09
imagine all the dirt and dust getting into the middle....eww

mikebeaver
January 17th, 2007, 13:41
Ha Ha Ha, it looks like an N-gage, lol.
If sony were to release the PSP2 looking like that I think they would get laughed at, the D-pad and buttons are awful, imagine playing any capcom fighting game with those, ewww! besides, where is the twin analogue we need?

blackrave
January 17th, 2007, 14:12
I don't like the placement of the directional buttons and the "figure buttons". But I think the design is quite cool, and it has two cameras. But where is the analog stick/nub? And how would you choose whether to turn up or down the volume?
Oh, and I don't like the fact that the PSP is bent, sort of.

techgt
January 17th, 2007, 14:18
from what i see , they isn't any analog stick at all ...

pkmaximum
January 17th, 2007, 17:15
Ya i also couldnt locate a analog stick which was kinda retarted lol. Also the design to that really just looks retarted. And the whole "SONY Encricission thing" did sony announce plans to make the PSP2 into a cell phone or something like that.

F9zDark
January 17th, 2007, 17:15
1)Ugly
2)Not good for games at all (the thing that makes it a PSP...)

The best way for Sony to deliver and otherwise beat the iPhone is to deliver where it fails. Sony could easily make it use a 2.5" drive that is upgradeable (a MAJOR plus over the iPhone) through in both Cellular and VoIP connectivity (another plus over the iPhone) yet let it play all the old games, plus newer PSP2 games (since dual analog sticks is a must for the PSP2)

As well a flip down keyboard/screen protector would certainly own the iPhone as txt messaging device.

LAW666
January 17th, 2007, 17:16
i wouldve posted a reply sooner, but when i saw that image i felt an uncontrollable urge to run to the bathroom and vomit.

which 'gamer' designed this? because he/she clearly has heard none of the whining on here (and other places too i imagine) about the crap d-pad and the futility of a single analog. psp 2 - must have a better dpad and TWO analog sticks... or sony will lose out on it

porchemasi
January 17th, 2007, 17:18
I want a PSP with .....
-touch screen
-homebrew
-phone
-gps
-camera
-4gb hdd

ist that so much to ask? I think so but, who knows ..... GPS would make a killing in Canada

DragonSpawn
January 17th, 2007, 17:21
Can't say that I think it looks all that bad. Not that I would want it to look EXACTLY like that but it seems a good direction to go as for general design, with some obvious changes to it ofcourse.

LAW666
January 17th, 2007, 17:22
I want a PSP with .....
-touch screen
-homebrew
-phone
-gps
-camera
-4gb hdd

Amen to that!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 17th, 2007, 17:23
i'll pass....

zoson
January 17th, 2007, 18:18
Not a sony design.
1. Sony does not make devices *this* ugly.
2. No analog.
3. Listed as 'possible' e.g. the author admits that this is just a rendition and not to be taken seriously.
4. No MagicGate

Shrygue
January 17th, 2007, 18:37
That design is no good at all.

carlitx
January 17th, 2007, 18:49
y THIS LOOKS LIKE CRAP FOR A PORTABLE GAMING DEVICE

Emeriastone
January 17th, 2007, 19:05
Arg! No sticks! No analog sticks at all!

240-185
January 17th, 2007, 20:27
The design is too much "squared" for a Sony Product.

Cloud_35
January 17th, 2007, 21:12
This looks worse than the "standard" psp. Really. But let's not worry, it's FAN-ART only. not real, nor official. And please, take that SonyEricsson logo out!!! has nothing to do there. Besides, i can't see te analog stick at all...

With that exception, seems to have the same finctions of the actual psp.

(is that a camera on the back??? oh crap, then where's the other damn hardware??)

keefurxxcore
January 17th, 2007, 21:27
is that a chinese ripoff of a psp?

goaliedude
January 17th, 2007, 22:13
that is an absolutely horrible design and would not buy one evr. good thing its just fan art lol :-)

crackkills
January 18th, 2007, 00:30
umm me no like, make mad, i laugh.HA HA HA

The_It
January 18th, 2007, 00:32
those buttons suck!!!!!!!
the shape sucks!!!!!!!!!!
theres no joystick nub!!1
I like the camera though.

acn010
January 18th, 2007, 00:34
ugliest model ever seen in my life! lol, it looks bulky, isn't it suppose to be small and slick (thin)?

Broadus
January 18th, 2007, 01:28
Weird-looking. They'd better slap two joysticks on that thing.
Y'know what's going to stink is the PSP2 isn't going to have all of the security flaws of the PSP that allowed for homebrew.

Deathnix
January 18th, 2007, 01:53
I thought the most obvious thing to add was 2 anlog sticks, because of that offical survay sony did a while back, but there isn't any on this design?

No disrespect to the creator of the image, he is obviously a very skilled artist, I couldnt come up with anything hlaf as decent of a concept pis as that! lol
But, I don't think it going to be too close to what the final design will really be.

kiore
January 18th, 2007, 09:15
I'm not too sure about that design. I don't think so...........

ACID
January 18th, 2007, 10:08
Eghhhhhhhhhhg that looks nasty.

SuperXano
January 18th, 2007, 13:18
looks like a mobile phone extra big with 3G and without joystick. i dont like it, horrible!

IndianCheese
January 18th, 2007, 19:27
PSP just lost its sexiness.

alooper21
January 18th, 2007, 20:45
sony would never do this thing. the buttons are hard to pus from one to another and the sexyness is lost. the camera would be covered by the left hand fingers, resulting in fingerprints and all... while an ericsson partnership for psp is not possible.

January 18th, 2007, 20:51
It's not as bad as you drama queens are making it out to be.

MaxSMoke
January 20th, 2007, 11:17
You guys are retarded. Read the top line, "concept art by what one gamer thinks the revised edition of the PSP may look like".

Just in case you all took the short bus to school, that's NOT a real peice of concept art by Sony. It's just what some bozo things a PSP2 might look like.

Really, you guys are some of the dumbest forum posters on the planet.

VampDude
February 3rd, 2007, 01:00
that pic is most probably fake, or a rushed blueprint...

...there is quite a bit missing!