PDA

View Full Version : Critical glitch plagues Twilight Princess

wraggster
January 17th, 2007, 17:16
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=155673)

a small number of gamers playing the latest of Link's epic adventures, Twilight Princess on Wii, have encountered a glitch that permanently blocks their way forward, essentially forcing them to start again.

According to one forum post, it would appear that saving your progress at a specific point in the game (look away if you're avoiding spoilers) - right after thawing out the frozen Zora's domain - activates the glitch which prevents a subsequent cutscene, in which a new path is opened, from being triggered.

This prevents the player from being able to reach their next objective, and because this glitch occurs after saving your progress, your save file is essentially rendered useless. Those without an alternative save file are forced to start again.

If you've come across this, or any other glitch in Zelda, let us know in the Comments section below.

Demolition49
January 17th, 2007, 17:21
I have had no problem getting past that point, im at the temple now, what path is exactly opened up after the cut-scene i cant remember.

The Hombrew Hunter
January 17th, 2007, 20:26
There are more glitches...

LOOK AWAY IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS.

When the Bridge of Eldin is destroyed, saving RIGHT AFTERWARDS and UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR DESTINATION, you will be placed on the wrong side of the bridge when you return.

In the Cannon Room before the City in the Sky, if you save there after getting the guy to leave, and if you return you cannon warp the cannon, because Midna mentions you cannot warp it because he is watching you, and when you try to leave, he stops you.

That's all I have to say. Watch out for the three terrible glitches.

brainpan
January 17th, 2007, 21:08
i have actually seen a couple a glitches in the game. One time I was walking up some steps in a temple and Link got stuck. I think I ended up doing a whirl atack and that some how fixed th eproblem. Another time the game completely froze up on me.

ExcruciationX
January 17th, 2007, 21:36
This is off-topic, but I've had weird glitches happen to me in Wii-Sports.

One time, I had the bowling ball disappear en route to the pins, and the game just sat there.

CrackA
January 17th, 2007, 21:54
that would suck

Miria
January 17th, 2007, 22:17
Wow seems like games these days come up with more glitches..

Zion
January 18th, 2007, 00:22
So much for Nintendo's Beta Testers :rolleyes:

Kamon
January 18th, 2007, 00:22
I cant believe you guys haven't finished Twilight Princess yet! I finished it in 8 days. At the end the whole of hyrule starts to.............. I'm just kidding you can finish it for you self

shadowprophet
January 18th, 2007, 06:18
Do people not use multiple saves anymore?
In almost every game i play I use multiple saves and go back trying to conserve items and goods.
I dont know maybe im the only person that does this..

Accordion
January 18th, 2007, 09:38
well i havent seen one glitch yet, and i do use multiple saves as i dont get much time to play anymore.

Junixx
January 18th, 2007, 15:38
I haven't had any problems, played through it and beat it