PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi's Nintendo DS Rip-Off Cell Phone

wraggster
January 17th, 2007, 18:20
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/mitsubishis-nintendo-ds-ripoff-cell-phone-229168.php)

Japan's NTT Docomo unveiled a horde of new handsets, including this white dual screen clamshell from Mitsubishi. Jumping on the "Touching is Good" bandwagon, the bottom screen is a *surprise* touch screen (sound familiar?). With The Land of the Rising Sun gobbling DS Lites as soon as they hit store shelves, can't blame Mitsubishi for skiing in Nintendo's wake. What else, the cellie's a FOMA branded mobile, which means that it definitely doubles as a video phone as well, but probably not a music player. And the name of this product? Why, it's the D800iDS.

Screens Via Comments

chrisnoob
January 17th, 2007, 18:50
cough* sue cough*

canvasch
January 17th, 2007, 20:10
nah.. i'm surprised this didn't come out sooner... i'm also surprised nokia or samsung hasn't hit up nintendo asking to put a phone in the ds.. i mean.. you've seen how small some of these phones are.. they could fit one into a ds... :P
would i buy a ds phone? (not this thing but a actually ds lite that is a phone) probrally not.. i still have the ds phat i got at usa launch and my cell phone is from 2002....

but i bet some people would...

directive0
January 17th, 2007, 22:40
I think it looks pretty rad! (not aesthetically ofcourse). The DS has proven that that format works, atleast for gaming, innovation always inspires other companies to jump on the bandwagon... not a bad thing! Though using this without a stylus would be a major painus in the anus.

woods05
January 17th, 2007, 23:12
It looks cool but looks like copyright infringement.

Good Luck Mitsubishi

kcajblue
January 17th, 2007, 23:45
It looks cool but looks like copyright infringement.

Good Luck Mitsubishii dont think Nintendo will go act like sony and sue for something stupid.

woods05
January 18th, 2007, 04:18
you're probably right. I don't think Nintendo will, hopefully they don't.

Video_freak
January 18th, 2007, 04:26
And the name of this product? Why, it's the D800iDS.

Wait, you're kidding, right?! :confused:

Wooow, I just looked it up. It turns out that it IS the name they chose for their rip-off product.