PDA

View Full Version : Burnout Dominator Hands-on

wraggster
January 17th, 2007, 21:49
via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/755/755883p1.html)

While Criterion is hard at work on the first fully ground-up next-gen release in its seminal racing series, Burnout 5, EA is making sure that fans of the franchise aren't left in the cold this winter without a new release. Burnout Dominator is on the way to the PlayStation 2 and PSP from EA's Studio UK, and with it comes the return of some fan favorite features.

Burnout Dominator seems to be something of a family reunion for the series. Its gameplay is essentially a mix of all four previous titles put together, including some aspects of each while also removing others. Crash mode, for example, is curiously missing - we're told it's taking a break while Criterion reinvents the mode in Burnout 5. As well, the lack of this party favorite mode is intended to highlight the game's focus on straight-up racing, further evidenced by the lack of traffic checking.

Full preview at link above

mike_jmg
January 18th, 2007, 01:53
No!!!!!, why in hell do you take one of the best games ever (refering to Burnout Revenge) and tear it apart by taking away traffic checking

Oh!!! the humanity

At the begining there was Burnout 3, it was a very good game. And then the Critterion dudes created the greatest racing game ever by adding the traffic checking feature "Burnout Revenge" .

I donīt know you, but I couldnīt stop playing this game it was just plain fun and I wasnīt exploding into pieces everytime I hit something. I even took the time to re-learn the crash mode, and after getting used to it, i really liked it.

I was so looking foward to have all this, on my psp, but now that you say there is no traffic checking Iīm having my doubts about buying this new Burnout game

mike_jmg
January 18th, 2007, 02:15
No!!!!!, why in hell do you take one of the best games ever (refering to Burnout Revenge) and tear it apart by taking away traffic checking

Oh!!! the humanity

At the begining there was Burnout 3, it was a very good game. And then the Critterion dudes created the greatest racing game ever by adding the traffic checking feature "Burnout Revenge" .

I donīt know you, but I couldnīt stop playing this game it was just plain fun and I wasnīt exploding into pieces everytime I hit something. I even took the time to re-learn the crash mode, and after getting used to it, i really liked it.

I was so looking foward to have all this, on my psp, but now that you say there is no traffic checking Iīm having my doubts about buying this new Burnout game