PDA

View Full Version : Install PSP Mod Chip in Leeds??

joanna30879
January 18th, 2007, 17:13
Hello everyone :)

I hope I'm posting this in the right section, I'm not entirely sure where to put it as there isn't a truly relevant section, so apologies if I've put it in the wrong place.

Basically I bricked my PSP (DOH!) and I've bought an undiluted platinum in the hopes of getting it working again.

I need to know if anyone knows of a place in Leeds (West Yorkshire) that can install it for me, preferably not too expensive!

Any help appreciated, I'm desperate to have it working again, especially as I feel so stupid for bricking it in the first place. I should've left well alone!

Thank you for reading, best wishes :)

Sonicboy 101
January 18th, 2007, 18:44
Well, I have some info:
good news, a dcemu user called MikeDX is supposed to release a modchip installer for psps in the UK.
Bad news, there is currently not one that is known (by me anyway) in the UK.
How did you brick your psp anyway?

dejkirkby
January 18th, 2007, 18:47
You could try looking up S34MU5. He does a lot on PSP repair. He may be able to help.

joanna30879
January 18th, 2007, 22:30
Ooh nice one, cheers guys :)

Sorry Sonicboy 101, I'm not sure what you mean by a modchip installer??Probably me being thick LOL. I've got the chip, I just need a bloke (or indeed a woman) to install it for me, as I've never soldered anything in my life. My dad's offered to do it for me, but I'd rather have it done by someone who's done it before, or at least installed them in PS2's or Xboxes. And I bricked it because I f*cked up when I tried to downdate. Don't ask, I'm embarrassed enough as it is, LMAO.

I was hoping there was a someone who knew of somewhere local to me (anywhere in Leeds), like a shop who do a bit of cheeky modding on the side, something like that. I'd rather not have to send it away to be done, but if that's the only option then that's what I'll have to do :(

Thanks dejkirkby I'll try contacting S34MU5 :)

Sonicboy 101
January 19th, 2007, 16:03
No, joanna30879, its my fault. I said the wrong thing (hitting myself on the head). What I meant was MikeDX is doing the chips himself, inside the UK.
Downgrading eh? Too bad. Maybe ebay will have some psps going cheap to buy, if you can't get yours working again. Best wishes!:)

david121
March 31st, 2009, 11:14
depending where you are if you still require it I will do this for free.....because I can :) in case your wondering why