PDA

View Full Version : Columbine RPG - How Real Is Too Real?

wraggster
January 18th, 2007, 18:26
Via /. (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/18/1742237)

Washington Post columnist Mike Musgrove offers a rare and balanced view from the mainstream press of the Slamdance Competition and Super Columbine Massacre RPG. Surprised by the effective use of flashbacks and the authentic dialogue of the Columbine game, he goes on to say: 'But when it came time to start creating mayhem in the school's halls, I couldn't bring myself to push the buttons to continue. Odd, I suppose, because I have killed thousands of video game characters over the years. And though the game's chunky graphics are primitive...no game has ever made me feel nearly as queasy. I didn't want to be responsible for the real-world violence that happened that day, even in a game.' Ledonne figures that games will either grow into a medium in which it is acceptable to confront and challenge an audience with titles like his, or will devolve into a stagnant, failed format

CaptainMorgan4
January 18th, 2007, 19:48
Yeah I played this game but I didn't go far, I just felt wierd and kind of like an asshole (the fact your killing kids that really got killed). The whole Columbine thing does attract me though, like things liek this and 9/11 fasinate me. I just find these things very interesting since it's like a HUGE real deadly thing, I don't know why. But I mean since we are here, I was going to ask for someone to try and code this to the PSP. It's got SNES capabilities so I think it's possible, but yeah can someone try to transfer this tothe PSP?

shadowprophet
January 18th, 2007, 20:11
Dont get me wrong. The topic is important enough, that I should have a comment.
Yet im just shocked and disgusted that a game like this was ever concived :(