PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Codename Cobalt

wraggster
January 18th, 2007, 21:28
PSP2 Images are floating around the net at the mo, heres some supposed details (http://1percent.wordpress.com/2007/01/18/psp2-codename-cobalt/)of what might be in the PSP2:

PSP (COBALT)
- All Metal & Ruggedized Rubber Build
- 200% Brighter Screen
- Dual Analog Controllers
- Visual Battery Display
- 8GB Flash Drive
- Wifi (a,b,g)
- Bluetooth V.2 (A2DP, AVRCP)
- Firmware 4.07

No word yet on Battery Life and Media Files Support!

Screen Via Comments

jamesmc3stripe
January 18th, 2007, 21:30
that thing looks discusting

Napalm-Death
January 18th, 2007, 21:31
What the hell is it? XD

mad-brian
January 18th, 2007, 21:35
Bloody hell! that really looks crap, how would buy something like that

gunntims0103
January 18th, 2007, 21:41
I see sony isnt following the "a good handheld should have touch screen support", yet.

Firmware 4.07? Probally not homebrew compatible :D

The shape is very irregular, it looks like a trapaziod.

Shrygue
January 18th, 2007, 21:43
I don't like the slanted sides and what looks like the analog sticks above the directional pad / function buttons. Also, who knows extactly what's on the far-off firmware version 4.00+.

chnk
January 18th, 2007, 21:45
man i could use paint and still make a bettre concept,

why da hell does it look upside down, and analog sticks on top?

splodger15
January 18th, 2007, 21:49
They have learnt there lesson from the first PSP. By making the update 4.07.

soup_nazi
January 18th, 2007, 21:50
HA HA, if that thing is actually Sonys' design I'll eat my non-existent hat! :rofl:

That's blatantly just cobbled together by some fanboy. I trust Sony with ergonomics a little more than that.:rofl:

Sorry, it just really made me laugh...

:thumbup:

HotDogMan960
January 18th, 2007, 21:54
A few reasons why this won't sell very well...

- The slanted sides (especially when they slant down) would make it really uncomfortable to play.
- 4.07 = No homebrew? I hope not. Though I know they'll have real badass security for it.
- Picture on the screen looks extremely ugly.
- Analog sticks above the D-Pad and Funtional Buttons will make gameplay difficult (especially in FPS).
- (This is just what i think) The shoulder buttons should be where they were in the first PSP (Having them in the corner would feel strange to old gamers).
- And, yeah soup_nazi, it looks like it was drawn out by a fanboy.

F9zDark
January 18th, 2007, 21:54
Looks better than the other design we have seen and it looks FPS friendly with the second analog nub. Except, why in the hell did they rip the image from the PS3 XMB? Why would a PSP sport multiple users in the first place?

Just indicates to me that its nothing to be taken seriously.

Jonesyxxiv
January 18th, 2007, 22:11
Yeah that looks like crap.

Accordion
January 18th, 2007, 22:14
forget the pic, giving flash memory a "HD" status light, for one point...

but the specs are outdated even now

DarthPaul
January 18th, 2007, 22:20
lol it sucks...and I dont want another PSP! I want mine :( and I'm sure that if the 2 comes out I'll not use mine and I don't want that to happen...:(

siulmagic
January 18th, 2007, 22:26
looks ugly as hel lol i hope they make it moro like the current one but smaller you now and slimer cus that design is crap

schluptnut
January 18th, 2007, 22:29
I agree with everyone above. This thread is crap. Hehe look at the ugly photoshoped picture. They arent getting 2 cents for that art. Yeah Sony, stick with your PSPs design. Just place the dual analogs on the side of the PSP, we will just have to learn how to use our palms instead of thumbs. and make it so that when Im transfering crap from the usb port to the PSP, I can listen to music from the ms. Make the PSP fold in half to save some space in my pockets. They do have that paper thin screen nowadays that you can fold up.

S34MU5
January 18th, 2007, 22:47
Biggest load of BS ever.....

those are specs would make the PSP great (except firmware) but its just someone with an imagination.

dont belive this, There i no way this is going to be what it will look like or what the specs will be (specs maybe)

200% brighter, this guy hasnt put much thought into his imagination. that would burn you eyes out.

Do not get your hopes up about this, its uttter Bullshit

shrimpidy
January 18th, 2007, 22:48
This really is terrible and won't possibly sell, mainly because of it akward shape that has nothing positive about it, its like a regular psp only flipped (i think it makes it uglier) and that all the lights around the edges make the thing look like a small scale light show in the palm of your hand.

Avenyet
January 18th, 2007, 23:01
emmm i think they put some more thought into the shape looks easier to hold but the anolgue seems in a weird place i can see how it will work but emmm

well remember the first PSP and the ps3 controller i'm sure it will change ALOT in the next 6 months

keefurxxcore
January 18th, 2007, 23:03
i think it is backwards haha, the screen should be switched 180* (i think thats the right degress)

S34MU5
January 18th, 2007, 23:08
Please, all of you. Stop!

It was definetly not sony that designed this,

carlitx
January 18th, 2007, 23:10
i dont like it

psp411
January 18th, 2007, 23:16
if sony's gonna keep wifi for psp, they need to keep it up to date... dat means, not g nomo but N yo....

dat thing looks ugli.... i aint gonna buy it if it rly looks lik dat :cool:

XxunknowxX
January 18th, 2007, 23:21
it look interestin a very hard to controll i think the analog stick on the top thats NASTY but the inside look is nice mabe not a trapezoid and it would look nice also touch screem is gay that would be so horrible on socom.

Skateblind
January 18th, 2007, 23:44
I would say that the sticks are at the top because it would make it easier to reach the shoulder buttons and the whole design is slanted so that you can use the sticks comfortably. Doesn't look like a sony product, i dont think they would waste money,no matter how much, on extra leds and so forth.

Still a good design though who ever made it.

The_It
January 18th, 2007, 23:47
pathetic... how would you hold that?

BlackJackRatso
January 19th, 2007, 00:00
It must be a fake, it goes against all of the previous Sony designs. Also PSP hasen't in my mind been out long enough to even consider a completely new system so if anything it might be PSP v2 especially seeing that its using the same style firmware as PSP.

Broadus
January 19th, 2007, 00:01
Even if that was real, why would Sony want to ditch the shape of the PSP the way it is now? All they need to do is add two more shoulder buttons (smaller/flatter and somewhere behind and below the normal ones) and an analog nub symmetrical to the one that's already on the PSP. Then they'd have the perfect shape and all the buttons they need.

cashboxz02
January 19th, 2007, 00:17
nigga, i could keep my psp, n just get a 8GB Drive. This thing sux. I don't wanna go blind the screen is enough bright.

tragedie
January 19th, 2007, 00:28
Wait, why would you think that this is even remotely feasible to begin with? Are we catering to pre-adolescent teenagers now? (You know, the ones that can barely afford to buy things like this.)

One look at the spec. alone should tell you to move on. The picture should then make your eyes bleed. Ever seen a person take a step back? How about six? Off a cliff.

Wraggster, why is this front paged? T_T
There should just be a neat Concept Art thread where all of (un)imaginative designs can be plastered.

dj2005
January 19th, 2007, 00:33
Wait, why would you think that this is even remotely feasible to begin with? Are we catering to pre-adolescent teenagers now? (You know, the ones that can barely afford to buy things like this.)

One look at the spec. alone should tell you to move on. The picture should then make your eyes bleed. Ever seen a person take a step back? How about six? Off a cliff.

Wraggster, why is this front paged? T_T
There should just be a neat Concept Art thread where all of (un)imaginative designs can be plastered.

I agree. Sony is very good at making their products look good (PS3/PSP anyone?). No way would they spend five minutes on photoshop creating this POS. I don't even see why this is posted as news, it is obviously fake. Like previously mentioned - 200% increase in brightness? Yeah, so the battery lasts a whole 30 minutes before it dies. :rolleyes:

cloud_952
January 19th, 2007, 00:37
Wow.. that looks absolutely horrendous. -_-; I pray this is just a mock-up by some idiot online.

Emeriastone
January 19th, 2007, 00:40
Actually, the placement of the Analog sticks would be very comfortable and easier to use.

F9zDark
January 19th, 2007, 01:32
Actually if I designed this, I'd have made the base of the 'trapezoid' at the top. Since it appears it might be easier to access the X^[]O buttons with it going my way.

Then again the thing is still kinda ugly and I would hope the next PSP would adopt a sort of Dual-Shock appearence, to make it more egonomic.

jetf22raptor
January 19th, 2007, 01:47
its stupid ......but the analog on top is a good idea

sedkiller
January 19th, 2007, 03:07
Dont read all the comments but my very first word that came to me is FAKE !!! it's too ugly to be real and you can see that it's a fake created by photoshop... Why would sony have putted the analog on the top ? the screen is the XMB Menu from the PS3 and many other things...CRAP

wootbeast
January 19th, 2007, 03:33
im sorry but that just screems out fake to me.

StreetRacerTPSPL
January 19th, 2007, 03:47
that's so fuc%&$ng ugly :mad:

Hobobo
January 19th, 2007, 03:52
What the fook o.o slanted sides -.-

Dam that's ugly.

BelmontSlayer
January 19th, 2007, 04:33
Ugliest design ever. This is what the PSP2 should look like...

http://daemonunlimited.com/images/PSP2-THUMB.jpg
Click here for a larger image (http://daemonunlimited.com/images/PSP2.jpg)

Poor-Kingz
January 19th, 2007, 05:56
its stupid ......but the analog on top is a good idea

are you kidding me? how are you supposed to use your thumb on the anolog stick and use your fingers on the buttons?

crypysmoker
January 19th, 2007, 06:31
first off I hope noone belives the d-pad and action buttons woul dbe put under the hub sticks where uwould constantly hit them..

and please dont tell me anyone fell for the Firmware 4.07.. where di they pull that out of?

punkypine
January 19th, 2007, 06:33
ok thats the worst ****in fake i've ever seen and anyone who thought it was real should be taken behind shed. and not shot, porked.

claquesous
January 19th, 2007, 06:36
hey that thing looks familiar
i think i flushed it down with the rest of my poo tho

voorheesda
January 19th, 2007, 10:34
that is not looking comfortable...pretty ugly :d any pictures floating around on the net should not be taken seriously

lumisi
January 19th, 2007, 17:36
Why waste our time with this crap?

Magna
January 19th, 2007, 18:34
I agree whole-heartedly but soup_nazi as a name sucks cock

acn010
January 19th, 2007, 18:41
too bad its fake, it was good while it lasted :(

S34MU5
January 19th, 2007, 18:48
I found a better image of the PSP2, i hacked into sony...

The specs are the same as what the guy said.
but this is a photograph of it.

Also the battery is 4million years, it take 3 seconds to charge.

acn010
January 19th, 2007, 18:49
I found a better image of the PSP2, i hacked into sony...

The specs are the same as what the guy said.
but this is a photograph of it.

Also the battery is 4million years, it take 3 seconds to charge.

:rofl: you serious? lol, oh wow, now i want one!!! :thumbup:

BelmontSlayer
January 19th, 2007, 22:53
I found a better image of the PSP2

Hmm...Looks like they based it off the PS3 controller...

Amigamul8r
January 20th, 2007, 16:55
LOL - What a crap! A fake!
Firmware 4.07 on the first version of a new console? New system - new firmware beginning with 1.00 is more realistic. A brighter screen - wow a portable lamp!

ACID
January 20th, 2007, 17:13
Oh god its hidious. I think im going to hurel