PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation teaches 9-year-old how to steal his third car?

wraggster
January 18th, 2007, 21:52
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/18/playstation-teaches-9-year-old-how-to-steal-his-third-car/)

Get this: a 9-year-old kid steals his neighbor's car, gets spotted by police on the interstate, guns it, and a 90 mph chase ensues. Kid tries to take an exit ramp, engine blows, car hits a curb, coasts into a tree, and he's captured. It's the third vehicle the 4th grader's stolen. And guess what? Mom believes "PlayStation" taught him to drive. Oy!

And that's just the beginning! The real story is that the boy most recently evaded airport security, managing to hop a Southwest Airlines flight from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to San Antonio, Texas. He was eventually apprehended while attempting to catch another flight to Dallas, where he had hoped to reunite with his grandfather.

DeltR
January 18th, 2007, 21:55
this kid has a great future ahead of him =D

penileartery
January 18th, 2007, 21:55
atta boy! learning early

F9zDark
January 18th, 2007, 21:56
And playstation taught him to drive LMFAO.

If only games were that interactive.

Get a life dumb bitch and admit that your son is a ****ing criminal and that its you're fault for ****ing that stranger in the bathroom.

C0R3F1GHT3R
January 18th, 2007, 22:03
that kid owns man.

Jonesyxxiv
January 18th, 2007, 22:10
Wow

ace 18
January 18th, 2007, 22:22
O.o;;;;;; *sigh* she just has to blame video games.... when its probably her own fault for raising him with violence just sayin.... we don't know but interesting finding of news o.o;;

wolfpack
January 18th, 2007, 22:26
I wish I had a son like that...

requiem957
January 18th, 2007, 22:40
So do I I mean I'd be all "You go kid!" but then scold him because he should be working for the police and be all like on CSI and cool and stuff... yeahh...

Wow, he's got talent though, hard not to admit.

BrooksyX
January 18th, 2007, 22:48
This is one crazy kid, I don't think playstation taught him to do all that. I am sure that it didn't help but it sounds like is just a bad, crazy kid.

gunntims0103
January 18th, 2007, 22:50
yea and my colecovision taught me how kill people, steal cars, and mutilate cattle.

:rofl:

mickey61
January 18th, 2007, 22:51
No game is going to teach somebody how to steel a car thats bull $*#*. in less the games showed him how to crank it with a screw driver or how to hot wire it.

shrimpidy
January 18th, 2007, 22:52
he sure must have an exciting life, his parents must be ****** up to raise him like that but indeed, he has a great future coming toward him. Somehow, i dont think this will be the last we hear of this guy.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 18th, 2007, 23:12
this kid pwnZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder what he'll be like when he grows up!!!!!:) nice find.

iniquitous_beast
January 18th, 2007, 23:15
Someone could make a good video game based off this kid's life.

carlitx
January 18th, 2007, 23:15
this is yet another story of a trobled kid who is looking for attention from his perants, and being the ignorent perant looks fro the most used scape goat of them all VIDEO GAMES ARE EVIL! i can just imagin the feild day tompson is going to haave on this one. For the love of god why can't people wake up and use commen fuc.king seince and realize that video games are hand held in any manner weather it be a controller or psp typ consoul theres nothing to do with peddals or stearing wheels unless u count the ones u can get for racers on the comp, and even than the driving is not realitic its still very sensitive to touch while a car aint so this is a bull sh!t story if i do say so my self.

skater9269
January 18th, 2007, 23:22
she said it taught him to drive he probably had a wheel for it she didnt bland anything else on it.

felonyr301
January 18th, 2007, 23:26
seriously this kid owns.

F9zDark
January 18th, 2007, 23:27
This is what I believe:

9 years ago the mother got drunk at a bar, had sex with a man she didn't know all that well, he told her he'd love her and all that; then peaced the next morning.

9 months later, out popped little 'Johnny' and the mother had to raise him on her own. Without a father figure, Johnny turned to the one source for guidance: the street. He hooked up with the local gang or resident badasses and they taught him the tools of the trade and living life on the streets.

He tried boostig cars to aid his gangland pals, but those attempts failed horribly. Or perhaps he boosts cars because his mother is a total bitch and he wants to escape.

Neither of which reasons are the fault of games and are wholly the fault of bad parenting/bad decisions.

I wish we, as gamers, could sue retards like that for soiling our good name.

carlitx
January 18th, 2007, 23:33
F9 i totaly agree with ur last statement and in addition if that statement were true my mother would be sued alooooong time ago lol

Broadus
January 19th, 2007, 00:04
What a brilliant little punk! Man, if Playstation taught skills like that, I'd be a rich Columbian drug lord.

Zargon
January 19th, 2007, 00:04
This is quite possibly the coolest story I have ever heard. That kid is awesome. His mom is dumb.

Veskgar
January 19th, 2007, 00:20
Mom believes "PlayStation" taught him to drive. Oy!

Get a life dumb bitch and admit that your son is a ****ing criminal and that its you're fault for ****ing that stranger in the bathroom.

Exactly, Mom needs to lay off the crack. I really can't stand people like this. Mom was just so loving and caring that it drove this kid to go to such extreme measures to get away from her....

But blame Video Games and then you won't get exposed right?

Juanton3790
January 19th, 2007, 00:32
I think this kid has been watching Leonardo DiCaprio's Catch Me If You Can.

carlitx
January 19th, 2007, 00:36
well i think this is a closing statement, we have seen stuff similar to this before but not to this extreme but we can allways see the biggest Scape Goat if them all is video games for example: Kid thought he could fly like superman in a video game, jumped off a bulding( video games or heroen) i mean come on it's either the perants who screwed up in razing the child or fuked up completley and the kid turned to drugs as he liked to play a video game here and there. SO IF A STUPID ASS PERANT READS THIS THINKING ITS NOT THREIER FAULT WELL GUESS WHAT IT IS NOT THE VIEO GAME CAUSE YOUR THE ONE WHO EITHER BOUGHT IT OR LET HIM OR HER PLAY IT!!!! AND U SHOULD BE MOR OF A PERANT BY LOOKING AT THE ESRB RATINGS ON THE GAMES CASES!

tragedie
January 19th, 2007, 00:45
I totally remember that game on the PlayStation! It not only taught me how to open intricate locks but also how to launder money into third world countries as well as how to evade taxes and flee the country using a man powered rocket engine. My favorite part of the game was when I got to domesticate unicrons (yeah unicron, like unicorns only spelled incorrectly, also, the horn is coming out the other side.) but only they weren't for riding, they were for eating and purse making. Don't forget the part where the game caused world famine and spread poverty across the world.

Get a brain.

carlitx
January 19th, 2007, 01:05
haha

F9zDark
January 19th, 2007, 01:15
Its just stupid how this case will probably turn out. Jack Thompson will probably fly out there and try to prove that GTA taught a 9 year old how to boost cars.

Lets think about this logically for a second. In GTA you, predominantly, steal cars that are currently being occupied. Yes there are parked cars, but seeing that GTA doesn't have a "Hot Wire" mini-game or even "Lock Pick" mini-game each time you approach a parked car, it is unlikely that he learned to hot wire a vehicle from GTA.

So the only reasonable explanation is that this kid, ran up to car doors and forced the occupants out of their vehicles so he could go joy riding.

Wait what? A 9 year old, forcefully taking a car from an adult?

'Nuff said.

PS Maybe if he had a gun and hmm, he'd certainly need some gang connections for that... Point is, games are not to blame.

Shilo
January 19th, 2007, 01:17
yea and my colecovision taught me how kill people, steal cars, and mutilate cattle.

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That little guy has guts!! My Aunt wont get on the interstate and here is a little 9 year old runing close to a 100. :thumbup:

aCoL
January 19th, 2007, 02:11
i was in rehab a bit ago and there were a few 9 year olds there for drug use and stealing cars kids these days are hard as **** man

Poem58
January 19th, 2007, 03:22
Don't forget before more modern day videogames they used this argument against cartoons....

I can't get over the grief cartoons cost me.
So many friends have I lost to TNT, so many murdered by large mallets, shotguns, and disintegrating rays (Wow, it really DID disintegrate!)
Even I myself was almost a tragic victim..

Luckily for me when I threw myself over the cliff...I had time to turn around and get back...you know before gravity pulled me down....

MaxSMoke
January 19th, 2007, 03:56
Wow, what a set of balls on that kid! He must trip over them!

BelmontSlayer
January 19th, 2007, 04:25
Here's the original news article:
Link (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2007/01/17/national/a095815S57.DTL)

Semaj Booker > Jack Bauer

How many 9 year olds do you know that can do all that?! This kid is going to get offered a job by the FBI...mark my words. ;)

popcornx
January 19th, 2007, 05:24
more like the airport security is a piece of sh**

can you say 9/11?

I think we should stop blaming problems on just things and start blaming ourself

Gene
January 19th, 2007, 05:51
That kid should work for the CIA or something...

Damn if i could do that i'd put it to good use and make a good retirement

shadowprophet
January 19th, 2007, 11:51
Clearly the little guy could use some discipline.

ExcruciationX
January 19th, 2007, 13:45
Oh crap, he lives near me...

Festizzio
January 19th, 2007, 21:11
Oh crap, he lives near me...

There is only one thing to do. You must befriend him, and he shall give you a seat of power in his new world order.

Seriously, this kid sounds like a 9 year old james bond.

bouledogue
January 19th, 2007, 21:28
And playstation taught him to drive LMFAO.

If only games were that interactive.

its called the Wii

ExcruciationX
January 19th, 2007, 21:40
There is only one thing to do. You must befriend him, and he shall give you a seat of power in his new world order.

Seriously, this kid sounds like a 9 year old james bond.
Well, I'm an "Alien". I'm sure I could take the order from him by force... :p

inlovewithi
January 20th, 2007, 14:28
This kid sounds like a nut, like he has mental problems. And the people here who thinks he has some great future are just as nutty.

LilSwish722
January 20th, 2007, 21:26
Playstations fault?...****ing liberal. WTH did the playstation do. Like I can be playing PS2 for a few years and go"hmm i think ill go drive a car, of course I can. THE ANALOUGE STICKS ARE IDENTICAL TO A 300HP ENGINE" yea thats what im thinkin.

jools
January 20th, 2007, 22:39
Awesome its the real James Bond...

nice...:thumbup:

J_Villa1983
January 20th, 2007, 23:10
Sh*t, if playstation taught him that, Just imagine what he would do if he had an Xbox? Come on guys, lets set up a fund to get this kid an xbox so he can further his education!

-JV