PDA

View Full Version : Wii Controller Mod

wraggster
January 18th, 2007, 22:18
Sir crx has posted a great little Wii Controller mod which features an ipod battery and a USB Lead:

Rechargeable battery, via ipod battery.
Added Power Button Light
Charge via USB through stock Wii Dongle.

There is more i am leaving out. Right towards me putting it all back together, I can name about 5 things that went terribly wrong. So this is now dubbed my "Version.0". I don't like how it turned out internally and some scuffs/burns externally.

Screens Via Comments

Shrygue
January 18th, 2007, 22:26
That modified Wiimote looks good. Using a rechargable iPod battery is also brilliant, no need to change standard batteries when they go flat.

Demolition49
January 18th, 2007, 22:26
Interesting but a little impractical, i would be good if you could interface with wiimote using the usb.

Anger
January 19th, 2007, 00:11
while i do agree that its a cool mod i have reason to doubt it. please hear me out. the power button is red in two pictures yet in the other picture you can see its not see-through. next notice a pin coming out the bottom in only one pic. yes he could have 2 motes but it strikes me as strange anyway. at least its a good idea.

Xiro
January 19th, 2007, 01:10
Anger, its definately see through with the LED's on in the last two pictures, there is just too much light for it to stand out very much.

S34MU5
January 19th, 2007, 01:17
really dont like the look of those LED's

SSaxdude
January 19th, 2007, 01:35
Yo quiero

Anger
January 19th, 2007, 03:48
ya know - im gonna try something.
im gonna strip down my wiimote and shine my laser through it - i think it will be visible but i think it wont be anything like that picture. the actual wiimote does not have a see through power button, however it can be made of thin plastic so itll be an interesting test.
i dont mean to put down his work as it could be easily explained but unless he has replaced that power button then i cant see it shining the light through the plastic. and i still wanna know what that pin is all about - real strange. anyway ill post again when i get time for the laser test :P

*EDIT* well ill be damned - the button is actually see through after all. even regular light can be seen if you look through it. :)