PDA

View Full Version : The bottom of the barrel

wraggster
January 18th, 2007, 23:38
via dsfanboy (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/01/17/the-bottom-of-the-barrel/)

What's this -- a list? Cue the frothing fanboys! But this latest list of the top ten worst DS games, as decided by the folks at Pocket Gamer, is definitely filled with some of the poorest examples of DS gaming. We're not sure if they're really the ten worst ever, though. Let's call them the "Ten Worst Titles Masquerading as Games You Might Almost Want to Play." Well, except for Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. We actually did want to play that, but y'know, we need it to function.

Pocket Gamer's 10 Worst DS Games

ATV Quad Frenzy
Burnout Legends
Guilty Gear Dust Strikers
King Kong
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
Rainbow Islands Revolution
Space Invaders Revolution
Superman Returns
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop
Tomb Raider: Legend DS

So do you agree or does this make you want to call shenanigans? What game would you nominate that isn't represented here?

Junixx
January 19th, 2007, 00:42
Guilty Gears should be taken off and replaced with that Gnome Bowling Christmas game....

Actually......I don't know which one to take off

Sigma83
January 19th, 2007, 00:53
Monster truck frenzy is just as bad as quad....I'd also tack on one of the need for speeds..can't remember which. But the handling was unbelievably bad.

Rayza
January 19th, 2007, 03:15
I thought Tomb Raider: Legends wasn't that bad. I played it through to the end and it was pretty fun at times..

Adrenalin
January 19th, 2007, 04:34
Is Guilty Gear really that bad, i was about to try it...

Amethyst
January 19th, 2007, 08:32
Where's Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects and Pac-Man World 3? Marvel had some of the worst AI and glitches I've come across on the DS. The baddies get stuck all of the time and the touch screen interface is annoying. Pac-Man World 3... USE THE TOUCH SCREEN! It f'cking demands for me to use the damn screen for cheap stunts I could of pulled off with a single button. As for the shoddy camera work, my constant playing of PlayStation 1 3D platformers and Tomb Raider has me used to that crap. It's still a crap camera though.

I've read some good things from IGN about Tomb Raider Legend on the DS. They said that the only downsides is the poor AI, tacked on touch screen, and the way Lara sometimes doesn't blend well with environments. For everything else they pretty much said it was a worthwhile side-scroller.

canvasch
January 19th, 2007, 13:18
well they are DAMNED right about Tomb Raider Legend (worst game on the DS) and DAMNED right about Burnout Legends....

vtd@.//
January 19th, 2007, 21:27
BURNOUT LEGENDS IS NOT THAT BAD!!! wth i borrowed from a friend last month and actually kind of enjoyed it.... apart from the music which is not as good as it should have been...