PDA

View Full Version : Command And Conquer DS Clone Project 4th Test Release

wraggster
January 19th, 2007, 00:00
A new test release of the Command And Conquer DS Clone Project has been released and also a fair bit of WIP news:

Worked on the game a bit last night with the current goal of being able to build units. I reinstalled C&C on my machine to play the first few missions to keep it fresh in my mind how C&C does it, which was a fun bit of research ;p To start with I’m implementing the tech tree system I wrote a while ago, with a couple of updates. Its looking like the system will work great and I’ll explain how it works in more detail in another post.

I let some buildings be factories and state which unit class they can build (a factory can only build one class of units, but a unit can belong to multiple classes). The next job is to write a system that will efficiently keep track of an armies available build list and which factory will produce which units (including which factory is set to Primary for that unit class). The build list needs to be aware of which technologies an army has unlocked and which factories are available to build the different unit classes. These lists will be updated each time a building is created/destroyed or captured. Oh I also need to add the code to unlock a technology when a building is created. This is about a third completed. Finally when I was working on the buildings I updated the ‘footprint code so that areas of the building can be walked over, e.g. the dusty patch at the front of almost all C&C buildings.

Phew, I think that’s everything! Once I’ve got unit building done it’ll be attacking next, that’s when things will get fun

Heres the newspost with the test release:

I’ve got a new ROM to be tested featuring the first game code. This was created on a new install of windows however and I had some issues setting the environment up again and I couldn’t get this working on my DS. Hopefully everyone else will have better luck, though I’ve included the PC build as well so you can see what it’s supposed to be doing.

The test includes all the tests from the last release, but has a new one at the bottom, ‘Test F (Game)’. Choosing this you’ll be shown an abstract view of the game world featuring some terrain, two units and a building.

The green tiles show grass, black for cliffs and brown for road. The clump of red blocks is a building for the Red army and the two single blocks are units.

The selection cursor can be moved around with the D-Pad/arrow keys. Use A on a DS or X on the PC to command a unit to move. There is no attacking yet. Use B on the DS or Z on the PC to select the unit under the selection cursor. You can select units from any army right now.

The debug menu lets you do some more stuff:

Game/Path/Draw toggles the pathfinding route being drawn
Game/Path/Heuristic changes the pathfinding heuristic
Game/Path/Method changes the pathfinding cost method
Game/Army/GiveFunds gives 100 bucks each time its activated
Game/cellsize changes the size of the tiles drawn
Game/debuginfo toggles the info written on the right side of the screen
Use the escape button to quit the PC build. I’m interested in hearing any feedback people have about the test but more interested if anyone can get it working on their DS!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wrega
January 19th, 2007, 04:46
I'm sorry but couldn't get it to work on my sd supercard. What do I have exactly to copy and to where in my mem card?!

Thank You!!!

C&C Red Alert is the BEST!!!

raging_bull
January 31st, 2007, 16:19
WTF, i played the first C&C, but this doesn't realy look like it.. (looking at the screenshot)

Dude, nice you made it.. but i shame my ass of when i put this crap on my ds...

Vistorri
February 2nd, 2007, 01:29
I think this (the image) is just the tileset, bounderys, building placement underneath the textures.:confused:

w00tman X
March 25th, 2007, 14:09
Pretty much nothing at the moment, but C&C on the DS would own. Keep it up man.

vic_man4
April 25th, 2007, 23:56
i love cnc

Steely
June 19th, 2007, 23:01
Is this project dead? I've been waiting for months.

kikaimaster
February 12th, 2008, 02:51
i have the first CnC
and in the picture, well it doesnt look like it at all...

Spidery_Yoda
February 12th, 2008, 12:14
It's not supposed to look like it yet.

He's working on the code at the moment, not the graphics.

ashxu
November 24th, 2009, 06:49
is this project dead?

chrissy_download
February 22nd, 2010, 09:19
Is this Project dead????

chrissy_download
February 22nd, 2010, 09:32
If it is can anyone send me the lastest version of it?