PDA

View Full Version : PSP Outsells DS... In New Zealand

wraggster
January 19th, 2007, 16:00
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/psp/psp-outsells-ds-in-new-zealand-229873.php)

Ah, New Zealand. Kiwi fruit, Peter Jackson and, above, rugby. Pencil in "Sony-lovers" for another thing the island nation is famous for. Last November and December, Sony moved 21,800 PS2s units, which accounts for 70 percent of the consoles sold. Says Sony Computer Entertainment New Zealand's Warwick Light (killer name!):

It is no surprise to us that PlayStation 2 was the number one selling gaming platform for Christmas. As the PlayStation 2 offering goes from strength to strength, more consumers are buying into the value proposition of the hardware and the unrivalled range of software on offer. Consumers obviously saw exceptional value in PlayStation 2.
Okay. That's not such a big deal. The PS2 is and has been a big seller. But what is interesting is that the PSP sold 9,560 units and captured 73 percent of the handheld market during November and December 2006. Wow, what the DS is to Japan, the PSP is to New Zealand.

SSaxdude
January 19th, 2007, 16:03
Maybe New Zealand is full of homebrewers.

Mew
January 19th, 2007, 16:36
Maybe New Zealand is full of homebrewers.:D
Thought the same thing

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 19th, 2007, 17:06
FKIN HELL thats a 1st wonders will never cease how many has it sold 1 ????

slayer2psp
January 19th, 2007, 17:19
awsome finnally a country that knows a good handheld when they see it .it smokes the ds in every way

Basil Zero
January 19th, 2007, 18:20
awsome finnally a country that knows a good handheld when they see it .it smokes the ds in every way

like the psp commercial said: Hellz YA:D

SSaxdude
January 19th, 2007, 20:59
I own both
DS- better games
PSP- better hacking
But I like the PSP a little bit more because I like free stuff, but only by a little.

devmas
January 19th, 2007, 21:27
I agree with the last poster, where the DS has better games and the PSP has better hacking.

What do I do most on the PSP? Play Nintendo games :P

Well, actually, now I'm playing Um Jammer Lammy, but that's a different story...

But... yeah, I hope New Zealand knows about the homebrew scene, because if not, then they are missing out!

the one and only
January 19th, 2007, 22:10
lol not likely, i live in new zealand, sheep dont know about much.
most people i met play the normal psp games, i've downgraded a few.

DarthPaul
January 19th, 2007, 22:35
eat that!

chrisrulz555
January 19th, 2007, 23:14
Im from New Zealand and I run homebrew though there are quite a few people at my school that wont do it because they are afraid they will break it so they continue to update to the highest firmware every time it is released. Also the PSP value pack is $440 here.

Baboon
January 19th, 2007, 23:15
Thats got to be a first in the entire world? lol

emuking
January 20th, 2007, 00:41
lies! lies! lies!
j/k though it is a freakin' miracle

sonic reducer
January 20th, 2007, 07:40
im from new zealand and its true alot of people do have the fear of "what if it breaks" purely because of the cost of the psp and so forth here. But most people also (that i know) are heavily into the homebrew scene and have their ear closer to the ground of whats happening more than anyone else. And the best part (from what i've seen atleast) is its not for the wrong reasons (isos and such) people purely do it to because they want their psp their way.

inlovewithi
January 21st, 2007, 14:47
The hell with the PSP, a couple of days ago I started thinking of when I was a kid, and omg, I want to F Lucy Lawless and give her a baby.

25cK5nah2
January 21st, 2007, 17:10
I own both
DS- better games
PSP- better hacking
But I like the PSP a little bit more because I like free stuff, but only by a little.

i really dont know about the better games. The graphics on the DS sucks, and the psp is way better compared to the DS. I hate the nintendo ds, u have to buy an addon in order to play mp3, and videos. Wassup with that? Sooner or later, the PSP will probably to emulate the Nintendo DS!!

PSP IS THE BEST!!!!:thumbup: