PDA

View Full Version : PSP Outsells DS... In New Zealand

wraggster
January 19th, 2007, 16:00
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/psp/psp-outsells-ds-in-new-zealand-229873.php)

Ah, New Zealand. Kiwi fruit, Peter Jackson and, above, rugby. Pencil in "Sony-lovers" for another thing the island nation is famous for. Last November and December, Sony moved 21,800 PS2s units, which accounts for 70 percent of the consoles sold. Says Sony Computer Entertainment New Zealand's Warwick Light (killer name!):

It is no surprise to us that PlayStation 2 was the number one selling gaming platform for Christmas. As the PlayStation 2 offering goes from strength to strength, more consumers are buying into the value proposition of the hardware and the unrivalled range of software on offer. Consumers obviously saw exceptional value in PlayStation 2.
Okay. That's not such a big deal. The PS2 is and has been a big seller. But what is interesting is that the PSP sold 9,560 units and captured 73 percent of the handheld market during November and December 2006. Wow, what the DS is to Japan, the PSP is to New Zealand.

canvasch
January 19th, 2007, 23:26
lol that's crazy.. sony needs to try and capture that island 100%.. that'd be pretty cool... a small victory for a failing corp....

Miria
January 19th, 2007, 23:30
YEAH the PSP has captured my poor little blind country because they think its the all purpose portable media player. 6 of my friends just bought one while I bought an NDS.. I was cool because I also bought five games they only bought one because the PSP was expensive. They only bought it because other friends kept on buying it. BUT I WONT BUY IT.. DOWN WITH SONY..

DanTheManMS
January 20th, 2007, 03:01
The thing for me is that once I buy my homebrew equipment for the DS, it all balances out pricewise. Therefore, for the same price I can either have a homebrew-compatible PSP or a homebrew-compatible DS. Of the two, I prefer the DS because there's more room for innovation with homebrew.

Adrenalin
January 20th, 2007, 07:48
Yeah, i was surprised when i visited my cousin in new zealand, he hardly new what the ds was. i tried to convinve him about its greatness but he resisted. he 's considering buying a psp too, a uneducated purchase if u ask me, considering the consoles position globally.

well, ayway, they only have 4 or so million there anyways. Australia rules forever! ^^