PDA

View Full Version : PSP Final Fantasy 1 & 2 Gameplay Images

wraggster
January 19th, 2007, 18:48
Via kotaku comes some images of the Final Fantasy I & II games coming to the PSP soon

Screen Via Comments

g00gy
January 19th, 2007, 18:54
looks promosing

BelmontSlayer
January 19th, 2007, 19:01
Secksay...

devdj
January 19th, 2007, 19:14
it's not bad but I'd rather see a Dragon Ball Z : legend of the Super Saiyan snes game remade for the psp as Dragon Ball franchise is way better then final fantasy.

gr42178
January 19th, 2007, 19:17
This will be awesome....Final Fantasy is the reason I bought my PSP!!

tiosolid
January 19th, 2007, 19:44
So, there is NO Final Fantasy Tactics Remake? ;/

Shrygue
January 19th, 2007, 19:58
Those Final Fantasy images look good.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 19th, 2007, 20:08
looking cool, I'm a BIG fan of FF¬¬¬¬¬¬!!!!!!!!!

thefanaticgamer
January 19th, 2007, 20:24
i love final fantasy but, why???? these games have been remade so much already we can also emulate them with pops if you have dawn of souls..... so why? or emulate with gba????

gr42178
January 19th, 2007, 20:30
i love final fantasy but, why???? these games have been remade so much already we can also emulate them with pops if you have dawn of souls..... so why? or emulate with gba????

They wanna make money, they dont make money if you emulate existing games...

Cloud_35
January 19th, 2007, 20:32
OK, lemme see if i get it...

Square-Enix is gonna remake FF Tactics AND FF 1 and 2??? and with all that Crisis Core hasn't been cancelled???

They're my heroes!!!

gr42178
January 19th, 2007, 20:43
I am not too excited about crisis core...Its gonna be more of an action type game than an RPG right?

fated.existence
January 19th, 2007, 21:03
I'm emulating right now with SNES9X TYL running FF3 right now perfectely, some slight rendering problems as with attempting to get the image rendering and game acceleration right.

But runs perfect.

Sulfer
January 19th, 2007, 21:03
i think crisis core looks more like FFVII mixed with Vagrant Story. Also wtf is up with the guy saing the Dragonball Franchise is better than FF!? Are you nutz dragonball blows as do more than 80% of the games made for the franchise.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 19th, 2007, 22:24
i think crisis core looks more like FFVII mixed with Vagrant Story. Also wtf is up with the guy saing the Dragonball Franchise is better than FF!? Are you nutz dragonball blows as do more than 80% of the games made for the franchise.

Totally agreed!!!:thumbup: FF PWNZ DRAGONBALL's BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

hack.fool
January 19th, 2007, 22:24
why in the world they come out with a remake of Final Fantasy 1 & 2 when we already emulate it with:
Snes
Nester
Gpsp
Popstation
they maybe don't know :p
well at least is as pleasure to see Square at work with my little psp

jetf22raptor
January 19th, 2007, 23:05
i love ff games but the ultamate remake wood be ff7
now that wood be goooooooood

jetf22raptor
January 19th, 2007, 23:15
they should remake ff3 like they did in nds .now that a remake ( looks like its good ...dont own a ds so dont know)sorry for the accent im from quebec.

Paiku
January 19th, 2007, 23:56
Why can't they just put the psx version on their shop.

PT9087*2
January 20th, 2007, 00:05
I dont wanna make a discution of this because i have been banned before but i realy hate FF.

carlitx
January 20th, 2007, 00:31
ya it does llok good and all but why would i want to complete dawnn of souls all over again for the 6th time? i finished it 5 times already on my GBA SP and if they were gonna make it why not up the graphics from 2D animation to say a more 3 Dimentional look to completely overhaul it would take some work but i think it would have a better chane of getting into my libriary if i thought it would add more to my FF1 and 2 experiance but it wont.....unless some one can come up with the big differance between FF1&2 DoS for GBA and this port for psp. and about my graphics comment i do not rate a game by its graphics i rate it by story replay value and just the excitment of gettin goose bumbs hen ever that big dramatic effect takes place like when aries gets killled FF7 or when you find out frog is the legenday hero to defeat Magus in Chrono-Trigger.

imoneofthem
January 20th, 2007, 00:47
It's the same thing....but graphically enhanced, wow.

I enjoy Final Fantasy but I am extremely disappointed with this + Crisis Core....how dare they ruin the ATB system.

carlitx
January 20th, 2007, 02:29
how can u be dissabointed by cc?

BrooksyX
January 20th, 2007, 04:10
I could understand if they made it into a 3D game with the same story like they did on the DS. But why make it for PSP when they already emulated it on GBA and PS1. Makes no since to me. I guess they just want to make an easy buck.

carlitx
January 20th, 2007, 04:22
I could understand if they made it into a 3D game with the same story like they did on the DS. But why make it for PSP when they already emulated it on GBA and PS1. Makes no since to me. I guess they just want to make an easy buck.

yes you just hit the nail on the head;. all this game is is valkyrie profile graphics for ff1 and 2 with nothing new so im not getting this.

Veskgar
January 20th, 2007, 04:41
Well to reply to some of these posts they ARE still making a remake of FF Tactics. Also, I thought they were remaking Final Fantasy VII for the PS3.

And why why why do people keep asking why they are making this when it can be emulated? Is it not obvious that developers want to make money. And what better way than from already existing and successful franchises. Sure it may be milking a good part with FF I & II especially but hey, if its a decent remake I would be open to it.

I just won't spend $39.99 on it. It better be one of those $19.99 games. $29.99 at most.

Game developers don't really give a damn about the PSP's underground homebrew scene. They know we are the minority.

Vairn
January 20th, 2007, 05:26
Most PSP owners don't have the ability to emulate since they're not running the 1.5 Firmware, or the uber firmware. And Final Fantasy would sell, even if it was a Final Fantasy Fishing Game.... ;)

jonezybaby
January 20th, 2007, 10:21
They Arnt Remakin FF7 For PS3, That Was A Technical Demo 2 Show Wat The PS3 Can Do. U Can Find The Video On Gamespot.com

Zin0099
January 20th, 2007, 12:24
i love ff games but the ultamate remake wood be ff7
now that wood be goooooooood

I also think ff1-9 remakes would be great but I'm with you ff7 would be an Ultimate remake. nintendo had its share of ffgames now its Sony psp turn. also some of us are at the at fw3.03 and can't do homebrew at all so shut-up!!!

animekid4
January 20th, 2007, 14:38
what they should do is make ff1&2 3-D,change the battle music,enhance the backgrounds,

Avenyet
January 20th, 2007, 22:45
look ok but sqaure could of done alot better its just them penny pinching again

atleast the FFT port has got CG movies in it this is just like the wonder swan version with GBA extras

Sulfer
January 21st, 2007, 01:10
It's the same thing....but graphically enhanced, wow.

I enjoy Final Fantasy but I am extremely disappointed with this + Crisis Core....how dare they ruin the ATB system.

ATB's coming back in XIII

PawnOshadowProphecy
January 21st, 2007, 14:17
it's not bad but I'd rather see a Dragon Ball Z : legend of the Super Saiyan snes game remade for the psp as Dragon Ball franchise is way better then final fantasy.

aww yeah....well not to BURST THE PERVERBIAL BUBBLE but a recent statistic revealed the top 10 franchises on ALL consoles....
IN ORDER THE TOP THREE WERE:

1.MARIO FRANCHISE ( a retro classic :) )

2.POKEMON FRANCHISE :( ( danm childrens fault...lol)

3. FINAL FANTASY FRANCHISE lets face it

as much as we all love dbz :D ( and i do im a nut for piccalo EVIL piccalo from original db ) the fact is THE LEGEND OF GOKU 1=2 ARE GR* rpg games....but they dont even COMPARE to a SINGLE square enix RPG i mean how can you say DBZ is a BETTER FRANCHISE??? apparently you havent played ff1 or ff2 because let me tell you DBZ wishes they made a quarter as good of an RPG as square enix dude! and ill bet if you look at the top ten franchises from the news page a few weeks ago you can see although Final Fantasy ranked 3....sadly....DBZ wasnt even in the list :(

look ok but sqaure could of done alot better its just them penny pinching again

atleast the FFT port has got CG movies in it this is just like the wonder swan version with GBA extras

dude think of it this way bro! at least there making Final Fantasy 7 :crisis core for psp EXCLUSIVLEY ( and to nip it in the bud ;) NO ITS NOT also on MOBILE PHONES the MOBILE game is called BEFORE CRISIS ;) and ALOT smaller budgit as well ;))