PDA

View Full Version : Command And Conquer DS Clone Project News

wraggster
January 19th, 2007, 19:15
Another update from the CnC DS project (http://www.cncds.worldoffokkers.nl/)

The building lists for units and now being created and cached ok. I’ve added a couple of debug controls to navigate the list for now using the shoulder buttons. When I’m using the abstract renderer for the game I won’t be using any touchscreen control, just D-Pad and buttons. I’ll use something like the Y button to initiate a build. It currently knows which ‘factory’ is the primary so it knows where the unit should come out but there’s no build queue system yet. The build queue will be set to one deep for C&C by default which didn’t have build queues, but it can be set higher for other RTS styles. This will be one of the optional features for playing C&C, so you can play it ‘classic’ style or with features like this turned on.

The build list for buildings will be next which should be quite straight forward - if an army has a construction yard then they can build anything they have the technology for. Building placement will probably take a little longer but won’t be too hard. At the moment it will really mess up any moving units whose path went through the space a building has just been built in. The path finding right now really is very rough but functional, but working on that is further down the line.

Snoop0820
January 19th, 2007, 21:29
So hey w? upman I'm new 2 this site and i seen C&C Damn I love this game yo