PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Australia Lowering Prices

wraggster
January 19th, 2007, 19:33
via ign (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/755/755935p1.html)

Hot on the heels of criticism over the Wii's software price-point, Warioware: Smooth Moves will retail for AU$79.95 when it goes on sale on January 25. And, according to Nintendo Australia's PR honcho, Vispi Bhopti, this is just the start.

Vispi explains, "With the Wii and DS, we're examining the audience demographics to figure out the best price-point with which to expand the market. We did that with our Touch Generations! games, and we're going to be doing the same in the future with some Wii titles."

These titles include the upcoming ball-rolling platform puzzler, Kororinpa, which is scheduled to retail at AU$79.95, as will Wing Island and one other. However, Excite Truck, which is out on February 22, will sell for $99.95.

This admission should go some way towards satisying the raging undercurrent of Nintendo fanboys Australia-wide. Hopefully, this might even spur some third parties to lower their prices, too.

zidanerick
January 19th, 2007, 22:59
YAY!!! At least Nintendo is doing something about the rediculous pricing of software.

Demolition49
January 20th, 2007, 00:34
Good news for the aussies i guess :P

I dont really think nintendo pricing is rediculous infact its great, software prices are along the lines of microsofts, first launch prices... please take in to account nintendo just released the console. You expect an immediate price drop?

Adrenalin
January 20th, 2007, 07:40
lol, great news but the funny thing is, most good major retailers have prices a fair bit cheaper than ninteno's rrp for wiiand its games, around the price sugggested in this topic.

Its also bloody stupid that they're supposably determining price based on the demographic.
Its like, "hmm, the main demographic is wealthy enough so lets raise the prices!"

damn BS!

(excuse my rant)