PDA

View Full Version : Sonic and the Secret Rings Hands-on

wraggster
January 20th, 2007, 10:49
Sonic the Hedgehog is one of those franchises that gamers truly love, even while the individual games get consistently slammed in reviews. With the recent 3-D entries in the series, the overwhelming consensus is that Sonic has largely deviated from his 16-bit roots as a smack-talking speed demon. SEGA has added a whole cast of supporting characters to the mix, consequently placing the focus on timed platforming, combat, and exploration rather than on pure, unadulterated speed.

Sonic and the Secret Rings is the first Sonic title developed exclusively for the Wii. With this game, it is obvious that SEGA took all of these complaints about recent Sonic games to heart and devoted itself to creating a game that remained true to Sonic's roots, while at the same time making interesting use of the Wiimote. Sonic and the Secret Rings is set in an Arabian Nights-inspired setting, with Sonic and crew taking part in an epic quest, while tangling with mythical beasts and mysterious enemies. Of course, storyline has never been the strength of a Sonic game, and Sonic and the Secret Rings is absolutely no exception. While the storyline does serve to break up the level progression, it is far from being the focus of the game.

Full Article at IGN (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/757/757110p1.html)

I heart Nintendo
January 21st, 2007, 03:10
Could it be!? A 3D Sonic game that hasn't been butchered by shoddy gameplay and a diseased camera?

Junixx
January 21st, 2007, 05:33
Hopefully it will be as good as Sonic Rush on DS :thumbup:

goity
January 22nd, 2007, 17:20
...Sonic Rush was terrible. The camera was too zoomed in, and you had to remember the tracks to avoid deaths. You couldn't go too fast, because you fell off obstacles every other second which you couldn't see.

Sonic Adventure was a great game, but they ruined it when they added Shadow.

Shrygue
January 22nd, 2007, 18:16
This game sounds like a great title to play.

Junixx
January 23rd, 2007, 03:43
...Sonic Rush was terrible. The camera was too zoomed in, and you had to remember the tracks to avoid deaths. You couldn't go too fast, because you fell off obstacles every other second which you couldn't see.

....I thought the opposite, there was only one or two place I got stuck in it, I always fly through as fast as I can go, just gotta catch whats coming quick ;)

Shadowblind
January 23rd, 2007, 04:09
Maybe, just maybe, this will bring Sonic back from death row due to his most recent release which had only the title "sonic the hedgehog".

WORST
3D
SONIC GAME
EVER TO EXIST.