PDA

View Full Version : Command And Conquer DS Clone Project News

wraggster
January 20th, 2007, 18:27
More news from the CnCDS (http://www.cncds.worldoffokkers.nl/) project.

The first units have rolled off a virtual production line! Still lot’s of work to be done but the basic mechanism is there I’ll work on buildings next and get the basics of their creation/placement down and then move on to the next area; combat!

I’ll have then at least touched all the fundamental parts of the game code; movement, building and combat. If I add a very simple AI it could make for a fun little demo of super-simplified C&C with a nice blocky abstract renderer

Note:

Just thought I’d explain the abstract renderer a little more. I’ve written the game code and the rendering code to be completely seperate. This allows me to use different renderers for the game. What I’m calling the abstract renderer is the one you can see in the screenshot a couple of posts back. I’ve written this renderer as a debug tool. It provides a simplified no-nonsense view of the game world and a bunch of debug info for me to work with. Eventually I’ll start to write the final renderer which will draw all the correct tiles and sprites and game interface you’d expect. Hopefully if I write it properly it will be possible to swap between renderers using a debug menu switch to change between debug and release game modes. Debugging features like this are really really important!