PDA

View Full Version : Another email to nintendo

shadowprophet
January 21st, 2007, 10:53
Today I got bored and figured why not bug nintendo for a few minuets to relieve that boredom. So I sent them this email.

Dear Nintendo, I've written you before about the virtual console.
But that's not the point I wish to make this time.
I find myself at this moment with a stock pile of wii points and nothing to spend them on.

That's not to say there isn't a number of great games on the wii shop channel.
That's only to say I've bought all the games that I know I would love to play, and I look forward to future virtual console releases, in fact every monday I check the shop channel hourly to see if that weeks virtual console content has been released, What can I say. Im a huge retro fan.

However on to the criticism part. there are some games in the wii shop channel that interest me.
But for lack of better description and illustration, I find myself passing up those titles. Dungeon Explorer, Gunstar heroes, and Ristar come to mind.

Now I realize this is where this email is forwarded to someone in the virtual console department to give me a nice generic response with a personal touch to make me feel all warm and bubbly inside, followed by the pitch to join the Nsider forums and such.

But before you do that, Please consider that on standard definition televisions, while the (More Details) descriptions are pretty vague, the illustrations while adding some flavor are hard to view.
a magnification feature would be really nice in these areas along with more detailed descriptions.

And even though this isn't likely to happen, short videos of in game footage would be a welcome addition as well.

Now before this is disregarded as just a constructive view from a wii fan. Which it is.
Please consider that these features would be useful to help appeal to a wider rage of people with various eye sight conditions and even those who would like to know more information about the Game's they're about to take a chance on.

Regards, Shadowprophet.

Anyway. I should have a reply in about four or five days, and when it comes ill post it here as well.

As always feel free to

Leave feedback Via comments below.

alienanthropologist
January 21st, 2007, 11:33
Thank you Shadowprophet, these letters you send to Nintendo always raise some good points. Looking forward to reading Nintendo's reply!

Vegetable
January 21st, 2007, 12:45
Did anyone reply to your last email?

shadowprophet
January 21st, 2007, 13:03
Did anyone reply to your last email?

Nintendo always seems to respond. but their feedback is usually generic and dry though.

goity
January 21st, 2007, 13:23
n.Revolution magazine in the UK has reviews of all the virtual console games in the free minimag that comes with it.
for Dungeon explorer it says: "More depth than Gauntlet, but still simple enough to get into"
Ristar: "A suprisingly fun platform adventure, even if it is a little clichéd."
Gunstar: "Frantic blasting action that hasn't lost its charm... plus it's quite hard which is always good."

All three are "Get it!"

Wolf_Hook
January 21st, 2007, 14:17
Although it is a nicely constructed email the chances of you getting any kind of personalised response is zero.

When I am bored I tend to research things such fractional reserve banking or net neutrality, that always keeps me entertained and gives me a better understanding of why these large corporations will not give you a personal response.

Be interested to see their reply though.

rbervoets
January 21st, 2007, 15:33
This willbe funny !

alienanthropologist
January 21st, 2007, 15:33
Although it is a nicely constructed email the chances of you getting any kind of personalised response is zero.

When I am bored I tend to research things such fractional reserve banking or net neutrality, that always keeps me entertained and gives me a better understanding of why these large corporations will not give you a personal response.

Be interested to see their reply though.

I would have agreed with you, but, as it happens, Shadowprophet has directed letters to Nintendo in the past and they have been kind enough to reply. And although their replies are personalised, it's got to be said they don't tend to be hugely helpful.

So maybe I should stop researching things like the statistical probability of Nintendo replying to fans' corespondence when I'm bored and actually write a letter myself! :thumbup:

DPyro
January 21st, 2007, 15:42
Hey Shadow, why don't you try the games on your PC first?

shadowprophet
January 21st, 2007, 16:09
Hey Shadow, why don't you try the games on your PC first?
However I feel that to do so, would be shirking Nintendo's responsibility to provide us with information about the products we buy from them.

Vegetable
January 21st, 2007, 17:45
However I feel that to do so, would be shirking Nintendo's responsibility to provide us with information about the products we buy from them.

Responsibility, no. Although it would help them in some small way, bandwidth is not free and knowing Nintendo, they would like to suck as much cash as possible from the consumer with the least effort required (NES Classics on GBA, anyone?).

I heart Nintendo
January 21st, 2007, 18:07
Cool e-mail. It'll be cool to see what their response is, if you manage to receive one this time at all.

Good job! *thumbs up!*

Demolition49
January 21st, 2007, 19:43
i mailed ninty 2 weeks ago 3 times and no response.... :(

Dee-Lite
January 22nd, 2007, 19:36
Shadowprophet's emails to Nintendo never fail to make me lmao with pointless requests he makes.

I don't know if everyone shares his view on providing "Magnification picures" but wouldn't the majority rather he asked Nintendo for a chance to actually PLAY a demo of the game before downloading it?

Like I nearly missed out on Super Star Soldier because no matter how thorough the details or screens may be they will never really give me a good idea for the gameplay, but once I downloaded it, it was amazing - get it people - it's very very hard though! Im stuck on stage 4.

Dee