PDA

View Full Version : Word Bank Released

wraggster
January 21st, 2007, 13:44
News/release from Kiswa (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=9&post_id=13845#forumpost13845)

http://kiswa.com/files/wbscreen2.gif

Gameplay:
There is a game grid of 5x6 coins that each contain a letter. You will have 2 minutes (may change once I play test) to create a certain number of words from adjacent tiles. Each level will increase the number of words that must be created to get to the next level.

There will be 5 coin types. Bronze coins are standard scoring (Scrabble points*100), Silver coins will double the word score, Gold coins will triple word score. There are also penalty coins, Orange coins will halve word score, Red coins will quarter word score.

There will also be two bomb types. The 'standard bomb' will clear coins above, below, and on either side of the bomb. The 'mystery bomb' will clear the same, and change a random selection of coins to bonus/penalty coins.

Download:
This game doesn't work right in Dualis. I have tested on hardware, and it's fine (no$gba works okay too, but no sound).

While at the game grid screen, hit Start to return to the menu!

Word Bank 0.1a - Alpha: Instructions, Credits, Music, game grid setup - NO Gameplay yet ("Scramble" button works though)

More Info:
Seeing Word Up! by superpanic motivated me to get my game going, thanks superpanic!

Currently, Word Bank is in a pre-release Alpha stage. I have done most of the art design and the basic coding (no gameplay yet). I will post a screenshot or two when I get home from work.

If I can at least finish the tutorial tonight, I will post the Alpha for your opinions!

I am hoping to get some serious work done on it this weekend and may have a playable Beta available in the next few days. I will be very happy to get any constructive criticism to help me improve my game.

This is the first game I have ever programmed! Most of my programming has been limited to web apps, so keep that in mind when play testing (once I release a Beta).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DanTheManMS
January 21st, 2007, 17:14
Sounds like Boggle. Too bad I was never any good at that game.

oregono
January 22nd, 2007, 19:49
thanks I love word games :)