PDA

View Full Version : I'm a MAC, and I'm a PC.

bullhead
January 21st, 2007, 14:19
Check these tv ads for mac, they are quite brilliant.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/

bullvertisement, x.

JKKDARK
January 21st, 2007, 16:02
can yyou run anything on a MAC?

Accordion
January 21st, 2007, 16:07

yes

dejkirkby
January 21st, 2007, 16:08
Bullhead: Mac Pimp

bullhead
January 21st, 2007, 16:17
Bullhead: Mac Pimp
You know it!

bullmac, x.

Cap'n 1time
January 21st, 2007, 17:21

I can never be sure if your kidding or not :p .

Just in case, Mac's are quite up to date in terms of hardware. While with its OS, it cant automatically load windows executables (though there are some methods to do this some times), they already have a very impressive software library, both commercial and otherwise.

mad-brian
January 21st, 2007, 17:40
Well mac now can have Windows XP installed and you can also have OS X installed on a x86 pc so it's just an opinion of OS really, it's your choice of OS really, maybe dual booting? a bit of both worlds?

Accordion
January 21st, 2007, 20:51
@mad-brian:

or both at once !

VampDude
January 22nd, 2007, 01:27
is it as good as running WinXP from pc thou?

jman420
January 22nd, 2007, 03:50
Apple sucks so much ass, their damn commercial doesent even work on Internet Explorer... I tried to watch it, and it freezes up my window and all... In summation, Mac's still suck

Cap'n 1time
January 22nd, 2007, 06:16
Apple sucks so much ass, their damn commercial doesent even work on Internet Explorer... I tried to watch it, and it freezes up my window and all... In summation, Mac's still suck

If the videos dont work on internet explorer, and freezes up your windows machine... isnt that sort of telling you something? :p

bullhead
January 22nd, 2007, 07:22
If the videos dont work on internet explorer, and freezes up your windows machine... isnt that sort of telling you something? :p

Yeah totallay, they work fine on my MAC.

bah
January 22nd, 2007, 08:32
Mr devil's advocate here.

Videos work fine under firefox/winxp sp2.
IE blows, always has.
I could bash the ads but I think even a huge apple fan would admit they're pretty cheesy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk8hxjpnUiw

I can understand why people like macs, but personally I see no real advantage to them.

The best recent development in macs is their switching to x86 hardware and the ability to dual boot that brings.

Its not just that windows has the applications and games I want due to it being by far the dominant desktop OS. I download a lot and have had no issues with viruses/trojans, the system stays up for months at a time with no noticable slowdown. Up 20 days atm.

What would be my reason to boot into macOS?
And if the mac is running xp all the time, haven't I just purchased an overpriced but pretty looking PC?

Back in the win9x days there was plenty to pick on but xp pro sp2 has been extremely stable for me, what is there besides 'ease of use' to tempt me?

bullhead
January 22nd, 2007, 17:46
Im a huge MAC fan, you should see me.
I liked the ads level of cheesyness. French blue levels...

bullbrie, x.

Cap'n 1time
January 22nd, 2007, 18:19
Im a huge MAC fan, you should see me.
I liked the ads level of cheesyness. French blue levels...

bullbrie, x.

bleu?

dejkirkby
January 22nd, 2007, 18:43
French blue?
Then bullbrie?
Brie is not a blue cheese there BH.
try bullBleu d'Auvergne

bullhead
January 22nd, 2007, 18:43
Yeah french blue...:)

Djkirkby, im aware, im the cheese man, i thought id add a general cheese theme to my post........What were we talking about again?

Oh, and I love you, x.

bah
January 23rd, 2007, 01:26
Hahahaha
:)

Your a good bloke bullhead.

acn010
January 23rd, 2007, 02:09
Well mac now can have Windows XP installed and you can also have OS X installed on a x86 pc so it's just an opinion of OS really, it's your choice of OS really, maybe dual booting? a bit of both worlds?

OMFG! i hate that, now imac with processors? damn... mac took advantages over microsoft.
is it possible working mac on a pc?

pibs
January 23rd, 2007, 02:22
OMFG! i hate that, now imac with processors? damn... mac took advantages over microsoft.
is it possible working mac on a pc?

Might as well use linux if ur trying to run mac on pc.:D

have u guys heard about the whole mac scandal that schools where all running on macs and that when the kids went out to the real world all they saw was microsoft os. Now most schools only have microsoft os pcs.

scarph
January 23rd, 2007, 03:00
my elementary school used macs
the little jelly bean kind