PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics screenshots

wraggster
January 21st, 2007, 14:36
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/01/20/final-fantasy-tactics-screenshots/)

It should come as no surprise that the new cutscenes in Final Fantasy Tactics are impressive. However, how does the gameplay compare? The Magic Box has tons of screenshots for you to gaze over. Are the widescreen PS1 quality graphics winning you over? Or, do you wish that Square Enix put a little bit more effort into this?

Screens Here (http://www.the-magicbox.com/0701/game070119a.shtml)

Shrygue
January 21st, 2007, 17:28
Those screenshots of the game seem fine to me.

thefanaticgamer
January 21st, 2007, 17:48
i thought this was a new game..... that kinda looks like the begiing of the psx game

foxzoner
January 21st, 2007, 18:33
Nice. I love Final Fantasy! ill buy this game as soon it is released!

BloodLust8
January 21st, 2007, 18:39
what the hell, this is a gameboy version remaked. Seems like square is getting lazy. Just in it for a quick buck :(

Uruz 6
January 21st, 2007, 18:45
I like the cutscenes' style!
I'll definitely take this one (besides Dark Knights are in so..)

solid12345
January 21st, 2007, 19:16
what the hell, this is a gameboy version remaked. Seems like square is getting lazy. Just in it for a quick buck :(

Uh not sure where you are getting the idea it is a gameboy remake, it is the psx remake.

knownX
January 21st, 2007, 19:49
same game i loved on ps1 with cine nice

krackedude
January 21st, 2007, 20:45
they probably just chinsed out on the graphics to make better gameplay and more gameplay! as long as its fun ill get it!

Cloud_35
January 21st, 2007, 23:00
The PSX one sucked. I prefered the gba version.

I thought it was gonna be a whole new gameplay, and not just another "antology" or "origins" case.

And if they're in the remake business, why not remaking kingdom hearts??? would be better:D

jetf22raptor
January 22nd, 2007, 00:26
looks to much like psx one
yes i agree these game is "A"(fastbuck)game

Dbgtgoten
January 22nd, 2007, 00:53
That is the psx game i am playing it right now xP and if they wanna remake something FF7 all the way >> i thought it was gonna be a new game oh well i guess thats one less game to spend cash on. All they did was add more stuff and shove balthier in it this is kidna disappointing...

starogre
January 22nd, 2007, 02:43
The PSX one sucked. I prefered the gba version.

I thought it was gonna be a whole new gameplay, and not just another "antology" or "origins" case.

And if they're in the remake business, why not remaking kingdom hearts??? would be better:D

it doesn't suck, i really like the entire game from start to finish...it is a bit too easy though random battle wise (except for the occasional 50 million behemoths/dragons battle at barius hill...). and the levelling system is a bit too slow, in that you have to attack your own team mates to learn all your abilities.

hopefully they will make the difficulty curve a lot more steep, especially when you get orlandu.

it's just fun to play through it in different ways, instead of building the same jobs every time in the beginning (monk, knight, wizard, priest).

DragonPimpsta
January 22nd, 2007, 03:59
wow, i was thinking about getting this, not anymore.. if thats what hte battles look like.. =/ That looks like ragnarok online, except not a mmorpg... wait.. ifs a MMORPG ill defiantely get it

BloodLust8
January 22nd, 2007, 07:15
Uh not sure where you are getting the idea it is a gameboy remake, it is the psx remake.

http://uk.gamespot.com/gba/strategy/finalfantasytacticsadvance/screenindex.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage

I suppose the only diff will be that there will be cool cut scenes but i have no desire to play this square game again, they have much better ones out worth replaying.

Uruz 6
January 22nd, 2007, 10:32
they have much better ones out worth replaying.

:eek:

Please name a few;
I've been playn' strategy games since forever and FFT is the first in my top games list.

BloodLust8
January 24th, 2007, 09:11
:eek:

Please name a few;
I've been playn' strategy games since forever and FFT is the first in my top games list.

If u talking old school Flat grhx then....
Mario Brothers RPG (Snes), Seikoden 2+3 (legend of mana, SNES not the ps1 V) and 3d ones like FF7-10.

Any of those i'd play again, hell i'v finished most of them at least twice but I tried FFtactics on the GBA and really didn't like it at all.

Tinnus
January 24th, 2007, 15:03
At least they seem to be using filtering, different from Capcom...

acn010
January 24th, 2007, 16:41
the only thing i see that is new are the short scenes, and thats it, the rest is just the same graphics as the ff tactics from PSX