PDA

View Full Version : Is the Supercard DSone and Rumble Cart the Ultimate for DS Homebrew ?

wraggster
January 21st, 2007, 16:04
The Supercard teams release of their Slot 1 Flash cart and also their Rumble flash cart for the DS Lite Slot 2 has most likely given them the ultimate combo for the DS Lite, you have the Slot 1 with clean rom support and using the Slot 2 cart you have the rumble function and also full GBA compatability.

Anyone else share or disagree with this opinion?

Answer via Comments

zxc2
January 21st, 2007, 16:28
the sc rumble don`t have support for gba games,

DanTheManMS
January 21st, 2007, 17:13
Yeah, that's just a minor setback >_>;

SC Rumbles have no GBA support. With the release of the slot-1 cards, the SC Rumbles are pretty useless. They both only work with DS stuff, and the only real difference lies in the current homebrew compatibility, which is slightly higher for the SC Rumbles. I've heard the rumble feature is pretty pointless though.

jergens
January 21st, 2007, 17:56
Rumble support is supposed to be lousy, and I'm really not sure how this is the ultimate combo... There is no GBA support either way, both devices do the same thing except one has rumble, you would never need both. If you want to have a rumble, there's no point in having the DSone, just get a cheap passme card. If you don't care about rumble, just get the DSone.

If you want a more interesting (but not necessarily more useful) combo, an SC Lite Rumble with an NDS motion card that works like a passme. http://ndsmotion.com/ But still no GBA support.

gopherbob
January 21st, 2007, 23:23
Yea ds slot 1 and the rumble would be a lousy combination for too many reasons to count.

R4 and an M3lite:

M3 - Owns at GBA, Fits better than any other slot2, is completly flush, even more so than the already flush supercard lite. And Keeps the microSD hidden on the side so your ds looks like it has the dust cover in it.

R4/M3simply - Both carts are better than the supercard one. From build quality to everything. And the r4 comes with a black case and a white case.

You could have a black ds lite and have it completly flush and black! nice!

pubjoe
January 22nd, 2007, 01:33
The one thing I'd like a slot 1/slot 2 combo for is the web browser. It is cheap enough to buy, but I hate having to swap both cartridges around, so it would be nice to have it stored and ready to boot all the time.

I heard a while ago that you can use the web browser rom like this... Is it true?

DanTheManMS
January 22nd, 2007, 03:54
Yes, it's possible if you patch the rom, but it won't work with the SC Rumble series. So yeah, getting both an SCDS and an SC Rumble would be one of the most pointless packages to get. Heck, even just exchanging the SC Rumble with a normal Supercard would be better.

Sonny_Jim
January 22nd, 2007, 12:36
Noone has mentioned the fact that the Rumble (ie no GBA support) equals No DSLinux Support. If you want to use your DS with homebrew don't get a Rumble.

Cygoku
January 22nd, 2007, 13:06
SCDS1 + SCL = perfect mactch for me and it's working flawlessly !!

Cygoku

MikeDX
January 22nd, 2007, 13:56
with clean rom support and also full GBA compatability.

Which part of this sounds legal to any of you

answers via comments.....