PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE 0.63 Progress

FOL
January 21st, 2007, 20:55
Hi,

Let me start by saying the CE 0.62 was a great success, and thanks to all the PSP USER'S out there, who downloaded it. The CE 0.62 was a massive update in terms of hardwork, put into it, by Ric, Thinkp and myself. Also Hungry Horace and Emuchicken, for helping test and package it.

Now, on to the NEWS.

Been chatting to Ric, and heres whats going on. Ric and Thinkp have been working on ways to utilise the Media Engine (2nd CPU of PSP). Although the ME beta has sound running from the ME CPU, its far from perfect. Running the sound from the ME, might be dumped, as it does'nt seem to yield any benefits. There is already 0.63 Beta 1, being tested to confirm this.

The 2nd idea, is to move other functions to the ME, this will lift the load on the Main CPU, and hopefully increase speed that way. 1 such function is the Screen Rendering, the idea is to split it in half, run half the rendering on Main CPU and the other half on the ME CPU.

Ric has also made some other optimizations to pspuae to help with speed, so its onwards and upwards for PSPUAE. 1 Optimization, is Ric's profiling code, that does yield some speed increases, he is working on applying it to the ME CPU.

First, you must understand, that it means alot of coding. Ric and Thinkp are working on it when they get chance. So dont expect a release for at least a month or 2 (could be longer). Also remember, the ME CPU on the PSP is'nt that well documented yet, alot is still unknown, so be patient, ;).

I am working on HD support again. Im also working on giving site a make over (Workbench style), as well as updating and adding new Save States (designed do run with current release). So as you can see its still on going here, behind the scenes.

Last thing to metion is AGA support. It has been decided, it will be added/worked on, ONCE we have a decent enough speed with ECS.

So, although Amiga fans have had a nice run since JULY last year, of monthly releases, just need to say we havent gone any where and don't intent to.

Thats about it,

Thanks again for your continued support.

PSPUAE Dev / Site Team.....(http://www.pspuae.com)

qskint
January 21st, 2007, 20:59
awesome news, one of my favourite emulators.

xg917
January 21st, 2007, 21:09
im chekin it out now ;)

fucht017
January 21st, 2007, 22:54
Good to here you guys still working hard on this great Emu..."It's finished,when it's finished"...I realy love that line....great news...:thumbup:

whitey75
January 21st, 2007, 23:16
It'll be finished when it's finished?....Great line ...Is that from the 80's or maybe the more like the 70's....lol

Seriously though, Cant wait for a fast Amiga emu!

Goodluck, and thanks on the update.

Veskgar
January 22nd, 2007, 03:40
Thank you for this update and the detailed news regarding development.

I was really impressed with 0.62 CE and have become a big fan of this project since trying that out.

Again, thanks.

noeleyc
January 22nd, 2007, 15:18
we'll wait until it's finished then...Good things are worth the wait!

Baboon
January 22nd, 2007, 15:45
Thanks for the update info. :)

Please take what ever time is necessary to improve this beaut.

This is gonna rock!

SpacemanSpiff
January 22nd, 2007, 19:20
Wow, AGA support. It would be great if you could get that working at a decent speed. Civilization on my PSP!