PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book DS v2.0 Beta

wraggster
January 21st, 2007, 21:40
New release of Comic Book DS (http://gnese.free.fr/NDS/ComicBookDS/) with DLDI, heres the full whats new:

2.0Beta (21/01/2007):
Change PC: Adaptation to the new .cbds output (replaced .nds output with cbds output) Testing file is not available anymore. PAFS and .net not needed. New Layout.
New DS/PC: comicbookds.ini file generated with various settings allowing ComicBookDS customization. The different options are available through the pictods interface (User Settings).
New DS/PC: Title,author and provider associated with cbds files
New DS: Multiple Books visible in the same application. A new screen is added, allowing to choose your Book.
New DS: DLDI compatibility (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/) More carts should be compatible.
New DS: The current Page number of the books can be saved.
New DS: No more 32 mb limit with the .cbds format (however big .cbds files may need more time to load)
New DS: Sound effects on user action (and at program start).
New DS: Previous zoom prev icon added (toggling with the No Zoom icon).
New DS: Pressing both the zoom in and out buttons toggles 'no zoom' 'prev zoom'.
New DS: Menu is navigable with keys.
New DS: Display of a loading animated icon during image load.
New DS: ComicBookDS icon (and appname) for the .nds file.
New DS: Key configuration (manually editing the ComicBookDS.ini file).
New DS: Icons locked by default.
BugFix DS: Memory fix (loading bigger images should be allowed).
BugFix DS: Icon display fixes (some were not replaced or removed)
New DS: Various small changes and bugfixes ...
New Web: Creation of http://cbds.free.fr/ to get some free cbds content.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DanTheManMS
January 22nd, 2007, 00:10
Great release. I like that I no longer have to reboot my DS to go to the next chapter. The fact that it reads from FAT will also allow this to be used on more than just carts with GBA compatibility.

Note to users: your files must be named 1.cbds and 2.cbds and 3.cbds etc. and they must be on the root of your card. The next version is planned to have the ability to store the .cbds files anywhere and with any name, but for right now, you must do this.

miannone
January 22nd, 2007, 03:20
I just tried it out with my M3 Simply and it works like a charm. Although I had to patch the .nds file, it explained how to do it on the website and it was straight forward.

I was really looking forward to using Comic Book DS and so far I havent been let down. I'll be happy when the final release is out since there are a few small things I'd like updated (like the files comic book files being named 1, 2, 3...), but overall I'm pretty impressed.

DanTheManMS
January 22nd, 2007, 03:59
That issue is currently due to the lack of some directory listing feature in DevKitARM, a feature that is planned to be in release 20, which will allow Gnese to support .cbds files being named anything in any directory. Wintermute stated at one point that he's aiming for a late January relase of DevKitARM r20, so you may not have to wait too long.

Kasimir2007
January 22nd, 2007, 20:16
I try patch DLDI R4TF and I have a message : Fat Access Not Supported for M3 DS Simply.

?????? :confused:

canvasch
January 22nd, 2007, 20:42
comic book ds is the best homebrew app for the ds...
this update makes it that much sweeter.