PDA

View Full Version : eBay Noobs!

MasterChafed
January 22nd, 2007, 00:41
This is just a small rant about how retarded some (most) people who use eBay are. If the auction you are bidding on does not have a reserve price, and is not a buy it now, don't bid on it until it has only a few seconds or maybe a minute or so left!!! This is how come the bargains on ebay are no longer bargains, people dont know when to bid and it pisses me off! Popst ur comments

Cloudhunter
January 22nd, 2007, 00:45
Sniping programs ftw ;)

Cloudy

MasterChafed
January 22nd, 2007, 00:46
huh?

VampDude
January 22nd, 2007, 00:54
I know when to bid...

...the very last few seconds, stealing the item from the current highest bidder.

I did that when I bought RedSteel for Wii, I bidded £22 more when there was 46 seconds left and the numptys bidding tried to outbid me which made me laugh cause they only reached £33, I love stealing items in the very last few seconds and pissing off whoever is bidding on that very item! lmao

MasterChafed
January 22nd, 2007, 01:02
me too, but thats the point, people always try and bid large amounts like days b4 the auction closes. It makes me mad, because they jump the prices up beyond what they need to be.

VampDude
January 22nd, 2007, 01:13
me too, but thats the point, people always try and bid large amounts like days b4 the auction closes. It makes me mad, because they jump the prices up beyond what they need to be.

thats what ebay has become thou, if it's not the prices going sky high through people bidding high too early it's the postage...

...you can buy stuff from China on ebay for a penny, but howmuch is the postage? a n00b would think that the postage from China is expensive, but in reality it's cheap and the postage is the forced price of the item with whatever people have bidded is an added bonus for the seller.

ITEM - 0.01p (it's clearly a con since the postage is high)

POSTAGE - £44.99 (which should be £2 - £3)

splodger15
January 22nd, 2007, 16:05
Yeh like Cloudhunter said

I use Sniping programs to win the stuff on ebay

Darksaviour69
January 22nd, 2007, 16:08
http://www.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm

MasterChafed
January 22nd, 2007, 17:13
I can win every auction that i want to win, but people always jack up the price like two or three hours b4 the auction ends.

ACID
January 22nd, 2007, 17:36
You dont even need a snipe programe anymore. Ebay installed a up to the minute clock in the pic of each item so that will make it as easy. But i do agree so schmuks bid 3 to 5 days before auction and an item that could have gone for 20 dollars goes for 50 because of them.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
January 22nd, 2007, 19:45
im having problems with ebay. i listed a ps3 and its not showing up. i abided by the rules i think...provided proof ! and yeah bid sniping is great. apart from the times when you miss things by the slightest second !

bandit
January 22nd, 2007, 19:50
As a seller, you gotta love it though!

bandit
January 22nd, 2007, 19:54
im having problems with ebay. i listed a ps3 and its not showing up. i abided by the rules i think...provided proof ! and yeah bid sniping is great. apart from the times when you miss things by the slightest second !
If you just listed it, give it time to show up. If they cancelled the auction, you would of received and email and under your My ebay

quzar
January 22nd, 2007, 20:20
thats what ebay has become thou, if it's not the prices going sky high through people bidding high too early it's the postage...

...you can buy stuff from China on ebay for a penny, but howmuch is the postage? a n00b would think that the postage from China is expensive, but in reality it's cheap and the postage is the forced price of the item with whatever people have bidded is an added bonus for the seller.

ITEM - 0.01p (it's clearly a con since the postage is high)

POSTAGE - £44.99 (which should be £2 - £3)

Actually postage from china is riduculously expensive. Has to do with export fees, going through customs, and the airmail.

dejkirkby
January 22nd, 2007, 20:31
Actually postage from china is riduculously expensive. Has to do with export fees, going through customs, and the airmail.

When I got my first PSP, I had to pay import tax as well so be careful ordering from abroad.

VampDude
January 22nd, 2007, 21:39
When I got my first PSP, I had to pay import tax as well so be careful ordering from abroad.

when I got my first psp (from China) I only paid £20 shipping and I got a DHL tracking number (which was cheap)- it was sent as a sample

when I buy memsticks I only pay £4 postage per memstick, then £3 for any after that (also cheap) - which they send through the post as a gift

Mr. Shizzy
January 24th, 2007, 08:44
I know this thread is a little old, but I agree. It pisses me off too. So I couldn't resist posting. :P

jonezybaby
January 24th, 2007, 11:04
wat pisses me off the most is when your internet goes on a bender as ur bidding and takes 2 long 2 load the page then u lose out but like a second :(:(