PDA

View Full Version : Crystals of Xaz project page up

Atari
January 22nd, 2007, 01:42
http://atari.vg-network.com/cox_pa.png

A page for this homebrew Fenix game is now up at The Fenix for Dreamcast Technical Page (http://atari.vg-network.com). Just click the link under the game projects heading to get to the page.

Christuserloeser
January 23rd, 2007, 12:24
Good to hear news about Crysrtals of Xaz ! Let me know if you got a new beta ready for testing ;)

Browsing your site is fun. Lots of useful information there :)

Christuserloeser
January 31st, 2007, 01:18
Hm, I can't access your website...

72da9
February 2nd, 2007, 00:02
Nice...

Definitly an 80's arcade classic feel to this one.

I like the web site. Retro Sega Master System feel to the scheme.

The game itself looks like an oddessy/intellivision style game beefed up with good graphics. A definite bonus.

Looking forward to the completed game.

Through in a small in game story to why you need to destroy the bosses and I think this is an excellent game. I.E. Add some graphic screens at the begining, in between levels and at the end with a story plot using words or pictures that give motivation to shooting and or avoidng all the nasties droping down.

I would also like cheat codes or a cheat system to play through the whole game or unlock mystery items. That's just a personal preference. Just because it's a homemade game. Doesn't mean you can not add bonus stuff. Maybe get a different ship, or differnt types of weapons or a different ending or warp zones or something wacky. A reason to keep playing the game, instead of the same thing every time you play. Mix it up a bit.

Atari
February 3rd, 2007, 04:22
A lot of what you're suggesting is already going into or in the game. There are some mystery items and certain actions that award huge bonuses. There's already a warp feature, different levels of weapons, a couple of bonus weapons, and as you level up in the game (a la Rez), your ship will change. As far as playing through the whole game, the skil-step feature will allow you to do that. It's a variation on the level select, but requires a bit of skill to advance. Thanks for the suggestions.

As far as a story goes, I've yet to write one up. And as far as some sort of storyboarding goes, I have yet to come across an artist that will stick with the project. I need to ask around again. If I end up doing the graphics myself, it'll REALLY look 80s :)

I've been holding off on doing any boss work until I can find someone to handle the graphics for it.

Atari
February 3rd, 2007, 04:32
Heh. I just realized, watching the video on the page, that the enemy #2 (the green ones) aren't moving as they should. They're moving straight down instead. Looks like I shot that vid using the pre-alpha. I need to shoot another vid, since the next alpha is MUCH better and almost completely bug-free. Not to mention, the game has a new name :)