PDA

View Full Version : Halo Zero PSP information and answers.

PSPdemon
January 22nd, 2007, 04:19
Hi,

This is PSPdemon from Team MAYH3M.

We have noticed that people are questioning about who we got permission from, what's the release date, will it be like halo zero on pc, and the "Doberman said it wouldn't be on any portable platform". So i will tell you in your answers.

1. Who gave you permission to port this on the PSP? And were you working on Halo Zero for PSP before u got Doberman's permission?

Answer1: Dobermann did.

Answer2: At the time we were working on a Halo game for PSP modeled after Halo Zero but using no original material from Halo Zero. Once we got permission from doberman we changed the name of the game to Halo Zero and decided to make a port of the game built from the ground up for the PSP.

2. Doberman said it wouldn't be on any portable platform, so how did you get the source code?

Answer1: There is already a port ( WIP ) to a portable console found here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18520 <--

Answer2: We don't have any source code, we will be building it from the ground up.

3. When is Halo Zero PSP coming out?

Answer: When it's done.

4. Did you credit the Halo Zero team?

Answer: Yes, we are crediting the whole team from the original Halo Zero credits.

5. Can we Beta Test?

Answer: No, we already are full.

I hope this help answer all your questions.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

joshisposer
January 22nd, 2007, 05:43
I've got a question. Please answer seriously, how much longer will it take to be released? No answer like when it's finished please. This seems cool.

V3N0M
January 22nd, 2007, 07:36
Well I've been coding as fast as I can. But at this point I can't tell you when I think a beta will be ready. So as it says it will be released when it is done. My team will release the game when it is done and not before then.

AtariFreek
February 17th, 2007, 22:50
Hey all, just curious, but the the status bar says 10% Re- Coding into C. What was it coded in before?

PSPdemon
February 17th, 2007, 23:14
Hey all, just curious, but the the status bar says 10% Re- Coding into C. What was it coded in before?

It was originaly coded in lua, but we moved it to C because of the following reasons

A.) Lua was limited... meaning that anything like ad-hoc, music, sounds, multi button combos and actions were becoming a pain to get to work.

B.) C allows us to make our own packaging system file... allowing us to keep the sprites non acessible so no one can steal the sprites or anything else

C.) We want to be able to have users have their own accounts on which they can see their stats ( kills, deaths, favorite weapons, ect )....of course this may not be applied right away, but it will come :)

hope that helps you :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

AtariFreek
February 17th, 2007, 23:41
Thanks Demon, helps alot ! :D

Hiei311
May 10th, 2007, 02:08
grr i want to play this game so badly it was great on pc but psp i need to play it lol its like crack

V3N0M
May 10th, 2007, 02:17
grr i want to play this game so badly it was great on pc but psp i need to play it lol its like crack

:p No worry’s, The game has been put on the back burner for the time being. Mainly due to PSPdemon and myself being busy with other aspects of our life. School Finals and such... Anyways we plan on picking the project back up this summer! Even though I'll be interning, taking online classes, traveling, visiting family/friends all at the same time this summer. I'll make sure to put some time away for Halo Zero! :thumbup:

hatebreeder
August 6th, 2007, 05:48
How is halo zero progressing? Just curious i'm really excited for this project even though i'm not a halo fan :P

V3N0M
August 6th, 2007, 06:06
Well we've had many draw backs but I've recently picked up progress on the game. I'm making very good progress considering the little time I've had to work on the game. Hopefully I'll have something to show for it soon enough. Until then please wait patiently until we have a release ready.

Safari Al
August 10th, 2007, 14:37
can't wait man this will be an amazing project

kevintrooper
November 4th, 2007, 01:04
doesnt seem like it right now!

ExcruciationX
November 4th, 2007, 05:59
Halo Zero would be awesome, especially with ad-hoc.