PDA

View Full Version : Zelda a link to the past released for virtual console!

shadowprophet
January 22nd, 2007, 17:27
Nintendo offers Wii owners a figurative link to the past every Monday with a new batch of retro releases on the system's Virtual Console service, but this week the company is literally offering them A Link to the Past, the Super Nintendo installment of The Legend of Zelda series.

Originally released 15 years ago, A Link to the Past follows the story of Link as he tries to rescue the kidnapped Princess Zelda. Along the way he'll travel through light and dark versions of the game's world, and attempt to thwart the evil wizard Agahnim's plans to resurrect Link's nemesis, Ganon. A Link to the Past was inducted into GameSpot's Greatest Games of All Time last year.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is rated E for Everyone and sells for 800 Wii Points ($8).

Leave Feedback Via comments below

sonikku88
January 22nd, 2007, 17:58
Meh. I got the original SNES version. ^_^

Plus I have it on GBA.

philr359
January 22nd, 2007, 18:50
id DL it if i had a Wii :(

alienanthropologist
January 22nd, 2007, 20:09
Thank you Nintendo... my top favourite game of all time! :D

Accordion
January 22nd, 2007, 20:29
will i buy this game for the third time...

...yes

Shadowblind
January 22nd, 2007, 22:40
same here. Have it on GB, GC (sort of) SNES, and PSP(GBA Emu). Waste of money.

JOKE!

I mind as well get it after a while, even though I have it for four other systems.

DPyro
January 23rd, 2007, 00:14
I want Mario Kart 64!! :D

muffinman
January 23rd, 2007, 11:13
if they make some additions to it ill buy it because i love the game. However if they dont my snes is still connected to my hdtv like my wii so ill just play my original :p

geise69
January 23rd, 2007, 14:02
I got my SNES before it was even launched in the US. My bro and I won it on a radio show contest. For some godly unknown reason I never ever owned this game or even played through it all the way. Guess this is a good reason to fork over $8 and finally play through it. Also to the other people that have their snes hooked up to a hdtv how does your snes look on it. Is it the same since it's going through regular composite video cables? Just curious. Anyways I better get this game and finally play through it. Haha only took me 15 years.

zidanerick
January 24th, 2007, 02:46
Is this US only because its not available in australia yet.

DaKik
January 24th, 2007, 17:04
Here in france it still doesn't show up on the shop channel... Argh I wanna play it again!

acn010
January 24th, 2007, 17:13
i want a wii so bad!
who wants to donate at least 20 USD!!!!