PDA

View Full Version : Chankast Update

DCEmu_Newsposter
June 15th, 2004, 22:10
Garrofi has posted this news update:[br][br]Hi all,[br][br]- RECV bug is fixed. No more crappy graphics after leaving the submarine and no crash after meeting that giant worm.[br][br]- Fixed a bug in sh4 cpu: Players are visibly in VTennis 1 and VTennis 2.[br][br]You will have to the next release [br][br]Garrofi [br][br]Lets hope a release that can help developers can be released on day but this is a great emulator.

vipor231
June 16th, 2004, 22:30
it doesnt seem that the emulator is having any intentions of fixing anything homebrew,only commercial things that are having problems.

guymelef
June 17th, 2004, 05:45
come one vipor, I like you, but you gotta relax on this chanka thing. they'll get to it, just give them some time.

Christuserloeser
June 17th, 2004, 06:00
I got the same strange feeling... They maybe just don't care for developers... Would be a shame to waste their work just for the 'dark side' and the devvers don't have support by them...

Chris

guymelef
June 17th, 2004, 06:38
didn't we see a post in another topic (the version .02 topic) that said they are working on it?

guymelef
June 17th, 2004, 06:46
either way, ,maybe they need a hand to get the homebrew side of it working. maybe we should ask them. I'm sure that it would be a valueable asset to have such a program. especially for the coding community. this way *hopefully* reliable testing could be done away from the living room. maybe even having it mold into it's own sort of os for pc.(i know it sounds strange but it could happen) all for homebrews.

guymelef
June 17th, 2004, 06:49
or you might be able to get chanka to run programs that are still being coded and stuff (i don't know what I am talking but I think you do) instead of having to wait to send the info to the dc via a cable. but the operative term here is realiable testing.

guymelef
June 17th, 2004, 06:59
and I know that it only makes sense to us that if chankast can't play gd-roms that development for homebrew is paramount. because that's it's only usefullness. personally my resoning is this "I have a dc, i don't need a more complicated program to run my homebrews." but you guys "the coders" do need something like this. unfortunatly whenever you do a big project you always have goals and I think that the chankast team is no different. that is why I think either we let them do their thing or someone steps up and asks them if they need a hand. with all the help I see around here I think that we should be hearing more of them. just look that 86 core that stef and whoever are working on. I am really in awe of the level of community involvement that I see everytime I look at that thread. I really think that dcemu is where all the brains in the scene are at. even today chris was offering help to the nesterdc project. I really think we need to keep stretching out helping hands to those that can help themselves(if that makes sense). anyway just bored and typing and from now on I'll try and keep the commentary to a minimum.

Athiril
August 24th, 2004, 09:40
Is there any way I can get into the development of Chanka?