PDA

View Full Version : Driver skids onto PSP

wraggster
January 22nd, 2007, 19:09
Ubisoft's officially announced its first Driver game since acquiring the franchise in 2006 - Driver 76, which is skidding onto PSP.

The game's being developed by Sumo Digital and Ubisoft's Reflections studio and, remaining faithful to the series action-driving formula, drops players into an authentic New York of 1976 where they'll be ploughing their way through 27 new Driver missions spanning six plots (all of which act as a prequel to Driver Parallel Lines' 70s events).

So, car chases and on-foot sections in open environments, Ubisoft further explaining that "Players can take side jobs, earning cash that can be used to modify their rides. Driver 76 also offers an extensive multiplayer mode and a host of mini-games ranging from street races to all out carnage in Destruction Derby mode."

Plus, download content is planned - in the shape of new paint jobs for vehicles you've collected. Driver 76 is due in March.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=155982)

harvickgm
January 22nd, 2007, 19:18
finally... i love that game....

sony.1991
January 22nd, 2007, 19:23
Mad!!! Made me happy now :)

Broonale
January 22nd, 2007, 19:33
The physics in Driver were awesome for a large muscle car feel!

I can't wait!

bullhead
January 22nd, 2007, 19:35
Driver was always a little tough because handling was so sensitive. With a console controller, its all well and good as the analogue controls are more versatile. But with the PSP, they are digital so I can imagine the game being really jerky and un-natural to play. Even with the little "analogue" stick, control is very confined as the stick doesn't glide smoothly. I cant see this working out well to be honest.

bullpost, x.

Accordion
January 22nd, 2007, 20:47
yuck

Yobumtin
January 22nd, 2007, 23:26
Haha I thought this was another real life news story where there's a conflict between a car and a psp. Probably since I just read the new news about a kid and his katana vs. psp. Woooow.

Stew2000
January 23rd, 2007, 08:59
Apart from download new paint jobs (I wannna make my own). it might be a fun game.