PDA

View Full Version : David Jaffe - In Ten Years Just One Game Console

wraggster
January 22nd, 2007, 19:34
via slashdot (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/22/1558217)

The folks at 'The 1up Show' had the chance to interview David Jaffe, the well-known designer behind God of War. They discuss his upcoming project for the PS3, Calling All Cars, the future of the God of War series, as well as the ever-increasing price of making games. From the article:
"A lot of games recently it's cell phone, PC, DS, PSP, if you look at EA they blanket it -- it's everywhere. As a gamer, I kind of miss the 'you can only get it on this system.' There's kind of an excitement that was about that back up until recently. With this new hardware, though, that idea is seems to be going away. Is it really all going to come down to first party now? Or it ultimately going to come to one system? 'Cause 10 years from now there's going to be one system because there's so much more third party software than first party software from any hardware manufacturer. It may not be feasible to make it the war of the first party or the war of the exclusives."

Broadus
January 24th, 2007, 00:55
I HATE how they make games "exclusive" to specific systems. Some games will be made for in-home consoles but not for the PC, or an extremely good game will be for one console but not the other. Not just games that are sensibly console-exclusive, like Nintendo games, but games made by companies that don't normally show any bias towards a specific console.

frostymoon
January 24th, 2007, 07:50
I'm shocked I have not read anyone talking about the multi system release of Need for Speed Carbon! This HAS to be a record! It's been released on:
Xbox
Xbox 360
PS2
PS3
PSP
GameCube
Wii
GBA
DS
PC
----- 10 systems!! (maybe even for mobile phone but I'm not sure)... I did some research at Compusa and it would cost $450+ US Dollars to get the whole set!