PDA

View Full Version : So, you missed both the Urbanix and Mad Blocker Alpha exploits?

wraggster
October 18th, 2012, 12:38
via http://wololo.net/2012/10/18/so-you-missed-both-the-urbanix-and-mad-blocker-alpha-exploits-seems-like-frostegater-might-have-something-for-you/

Remember when I said there would probably be no new exploit release for a long time? Well, it seems I spoke a bit too soon.

Developer Frostegater, who was behind the Mad Blocker Alpha exploit (which TN ported to his eCFW) started a poll yesterday on our forums to see how many of you would be interested by a new exploit release that would bring TN’s Kernel exploit to even more people. The answers are mixed, but it is showing that a significant amount of people indeed missed both the Urbanix and the Mad Blocker Alpha exploits.

If you’re one of these people (or if on the contrary you strongly think a new exploit should *not* be released), raise your voice and vote in Frostegater’s poll here. But based on the current numbers, I’m pretty convinced the release is going to happen. This will probably be through one of our Ninja releases, although the people behind the exploit might want to go a different route…

Again, there are pros and cons to such a release. If this gets released now, it only benefits the few people who already missed 2 exploits, but if the hackers wait for a firmware update by Sony, then the exploit will be less useful since we can safely assume that TN’s kernel exploit will be patched with the next Firmware… (still confused? Check for an explanation of the difference between the user mode and kernel exploits involved in this hack, here)

Well, either way, stay tuned, and if you already got CN’s eCFW running on your Vita, be a kind soul, and let your friends know, so that they don’t miss out for a third time!