PDA

View Full Version : Harmonix leaves Guitar Hero behind

wraggster
January 23rd, 2007, 16:01
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=155989)

Original Guitar Hero developer Harmonix has confirmed last week's rumours that Neversoft will be handling Guitar Hero 3, while it goes after a new project.

Speaking to Gamasutra producer Daniel Sussman said, "Here's the official line: Harmonix can confirm that we are not developing Guitar Hero 3. We are instead working on a different music game project, one that is a bigger and more ambitious endeavour than we felt we could pursue within the bounds of the Guitar Hero franchise."

Publisher Activision has yet to make any official announcements regarding the future of the Guitar Hero franchise.

Flatlander
January 23rd, 2007, 22:01
hopefully its something like amplitude.. cause this harmonix fan will be PISSED if it isnt hahaha

Yobumtin
January 24th, 2007, 00:59
Well if there is no Gitter hero 3 I'll freak out. Hopefully someone else develops it.

I think those rumors have been confirmed. If you go to neversoft's main site they're holding auditions for cover bands.

shrimpidy
January 24th, 2007, 18:17
I need a new Guitar Hero. I finished off the second one in a couple weeks and need a new one to satisfy.

Yobumtin
January 25th, 2007, 01:46
Haha I'm still trying to master the flippin thing. Its really addicting though :|. But yeah I'm just excited to hear the new song list. I've got a pretty kickass dream songlist I'd love to see. :rolleyes: