PDA

View Full Version : UK PS3: March 23, £425

wraggster
January 23rd, 2007, 16:11
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=155999)

The PlayStation 3 will launch in Europe on March 23 for £425, says games mag Edge

In a post on its website, Edge says that it has been advised by a source wishing to remain nameless that the PlayStation 3 will "definitely launch in the UK on March 23 at £425".

Both the date and price have been strongly touted via internet rumours over the last few weeks.

Last week Sony said that the official price and date would be announced early this week, though semi-official blog Three Speach now claims that the announcment has now been pushed back a few days to either "Thursday or Friday".

When we picked up the phone Sony unfortunately wasn't around to give us their official line on the Edge report - but we'll be sure to let you know when they get back to us.

So would you but a PS3 at £425? Or have you already imported one? Share your verdict in the comments section below.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
January 23rd, 2007, 16:34
ive imported one for £422 and it came new with a game and an extra controller. imaybe £425 is a bit too much considering europe has had to wait months for it to arrive. im still hoping for a mod to come out to enable r2 pal dvds on japanese systems - that would be phenomenal !!

ElRazur
January 23rd, 2007, 17:42
I already have one. The only thing im looking forwad too is the games and how the market will react to the ps3.

muffinman
January 23rd, 2007, 22:11
ill be buying one from the uk. I was going to import but i've decided i'd prefer an english one. (basically my mum would let me spend £400 and get it delivered via airmail)

so hell looks like ill be importing extra controllers etc if they're cheaper and buying the console here.

Shrygue
January 23rd, 2007, 22:16
Yes! Finally a concrete date for launching time! Although the £425 price tag is still a bit of a downer, it's not going to stop be buying it. I so look forward to getting the PS3!

F9zDark
January 24th, 2007, 00:24
so hell looks like ill be importing extra controllers etc if they're cheaper and buying the console here.

Controllers run around 50 USD here in the states; assuming no other charges that would be about 25 GBP.

muffinman
January 24th, 2007, 08:12
i reckon the controller will be 30 something pounds over here so importing probably would be wise. Aswell as importing resistance

jonezybaby
January 24th, 2007, 11:12
i want 1 but i dunno if i can get 1 on release day :( i start my new job in feb and get paid at end of feb but mosta that money i owe out so march i might not have enough :(:(