PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Balboa

wraggster
January 23rd, 2007, 20:47
New PSP Game released today, heres the details:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.84377.001.jpg

features
Take on Mason “The Line” Dixon in Story Mode: In order to defeat the champ you will have to recall your past glory. Fight fights within the fight by flashing back to iconic Rocky fights. As you relive those moment your skills will gradually return.
“Historic” Fights: All the fights from all the Rocky movies are available for play. Fight Drago in Moscow or Apollo in Philadelphia.
Match Any Two Rocky Boxers in any Rocky arena: Exhibition mode allows you to play our fun “what-if” scenarios. Match Mason Dixon against Apollo in Moscow or Cluber Lang vs. Drago in Vegas.
True to Rocky’s Fighting Style: Slug it out in true Rocky style with dramatic movements and huge turnaround punches. Immersive camera angles make you feel the drama of a comeback, knock down or count out.
Multiplayer: Challenge a friend. Match any two fighters in any arena.

description
Former heavyweight champ Rocky Balboa steps out of retirement and back into the ring, pitting himself against a new rival. While his passion and spirit are reignited, an older Balboa must consider the mental and physical risks of facing off against a younger, faster opponent. Does Rocky have enough fight left in him to go the distance?

More Info / buy here --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-bl-49-en-84-j-70-1t3t.html

Demonsweat
January 23rd, 2007, 21:18
The movie was fairly good. Not half as good as the originals, but good nonetheless. And of course it's a known fact that Rocky IV was the greatest movie ever made. :D

Can't wait to play this one. Also, does anyone know if any of the music from the soundtracks is used in this game?

Mc_Logical
January 23rd, 2007, 21:33
its releaeed 2day? ive had the iso for 2days now its over at www.yourmumspussytastegood.com plus its free lol 1.5 psp or custom firmware u know the drill

Mc_Logical
January 23rd, 2007, 21:33
released*

Veskgar
January 23rd, 2007, 21:41
Alright. A Rocky game thats GOOD! And for the PSP which is even better. Can't wait to get this one.

Aint nothin over till its over!

NeoXCS
January 23rd, 2007, 22:03
I've been waiting for this game. I can't wait to buy this, probably later today! :D

xg917
January 23rd, 2007, 22:44
its releaeed 2day? ive had the iso for 2days now its over at pspiso.com plus its free lol 1.5 psp or custom firmware u know the drill

wow, u should get an ass woopin 4 dat.

and i loved the movie. imma get the game someday

Mc_Logical
January 24th, 2007, 00:11
wow, u should get an ass woopin 4 dat.

and i loved the movie. imma get the game someday
an ass woopin and whys that boy? it looks 2me u have custom firmware so go get the iso or u prob allready are genna get it lol get the game some day what buy? yeah! my ass

Kramer
January 24th, 2007, 00:19
an ass woopin and whys that boy? it looks 2me u have custom firmware so go get the iso or u prob allready are genna get it lol get the game some day what buy? yeah! my ass

Well you could at least respect the forums rules.

whitey75
January 24th, 2007, 07:03
Rocky IV the best? You're kidding me. There's basically no plot or character development. Don't get me wrong I love them all (including the much maligned Rocky V) but 1 and 6 are probably the two best movies.

And now "I must break you!".

belialone
January 24th, 2007, 07:43
im currently playing fight night 3
so im into boxing games
i played the ps2 rocky game
and it makes me wonder if this one is better
the ps2 version is not really good compared to fight night 3
i hope this one is not just a port

Nookadum
January 24th, 2007, 17:29
He said Rocky IV, not Rocky VI (this movie). It's good, but not as great as the older ones.

shedeus
January 24th, 2007, 23:59
first impressions:

the bad:
* getting up from knockdowns are almost impossible. you have to do this balance minigame to get back up and the meter used to measure balance is waaay too sensitive. be prepared to lose if you fall... just once

* the camera isn't moveable, so the action can become blocked at time by your fighter's big noggin

* controls aren't the best, but given the lack of the 2nd analog nub, it's understandable. controls aren't terrible, but not great either

the good:
* its fun! the boxing is nothing like a simulator, but it definately has the dramatic movie touch with the slow motion and huge recoils from bodies getting hit. When you go into your "comeback" mode (when you've taken some big hits in quick succession, you are given the option to use a certain punch or combo to go into comeback mode only if it connects. this mode only lasts for a few seconds, but you do huge amounts of damage but you can get knocked out of comeback mode if you get hit), the opponent sounds like he's getting hit with a two by four with your punches when you go into this fury

* each historical match (historical match = match faithful to the events in the movie e.g. Apollo vs Drago in Rocky 4) shows a snippet from the movie. e.g. when Apollo fights Drago, a cut from the movie shows his entrance etc before you enter the ring to fight

* there are more match options than expected. i was scared at first there'd only be 7 historical matches or so following the movies, but there were something like at least 12 or 14 or so (can't confirm right now since my psp is at home). there is also a fast lane minigame mode where you have to accomplish certain tasks to unlock more challenges (e.g. survive against Clubber Lane for 1:00 while he is in constant "comeback" mode -- this one's extremely hard. there are many challenges to unlock and beat in fastlane. exhibition mode is cool as well since you can try and see if the rocky 6 rocky can take on the original rocky in rocky 1 etc. i was surprised by the number of boxers you can unlock.

i'm really enjoying this game the more i play. but my opinion is super biased prolly since i'm a huge fan of the movies. if it wasn't for the ridiculous difficulty in standing after a knockdown, i'd enjoy this game even more. it's fun while your standing lol