PDA

View Full Version : PSP WiFile Transfer v0.0.1

wraggster
January 24th, 2007, 15:19
New release from Gamedev Brazil (http://www.gamedev-br.net/pspwifiletransfer/)

Based in ZX-81's work PSPFTPD for fw1.5, the PSP WiFile Transfer is one program to remotely transfer files without using cables between PC<>PSP with newers fw3.0 OE.
The bests beneficts who make me developer this software are using WiFi WPA criptografy protocol and DHCP.
The PSP WiFile Transfer is made at OE firmware rules, then it run in user mode and because of this its cant have risk to brick your PSP. The homebrew must be placed in GAME folder, not in GAME150 like old ones.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

sony.1991
January 24th, 2007, 15:23
Cool! I refuse to unnecessarily flash my PSP gameboots, topicons, etc. I know the risk of a brick low but I don't care.

djshaun06
January 24th, 2007, 15:55
Doesnt seem to let me choose my connection. So wont work for me

stimo
January 24th, 2007, 16:40
????? do i need a programme on the pc??

blabla
January 24th, 2007, 17:48
????? do i need a programme on the pc??

your browser, just typ
FTP://"psp IP"
and your in
works fine thanks

JUSTiNB
January 24th, 2007, 17:58
Doesnt seem to let me choose my connection. So wont work for me

yeah, same thing happens to me. it won't let me choose the connection :(

Ryupowerup
January 24th, 2007, 18:16
Loading common net module...ERROR!

Press any button to resume.

and its not working

pt9087
January 24th, 2007, 18:18
Whats the tranfer speed like?

Flatlander
January 24th, 2007, 18:42
Loading common net module...ERROR!

Press any button to resume.

and its not working

Second that..

porchemasi
January 24th, 2007, 18:47
WE NEED A XMB MOD FOR THIS!

We need a DaX 3.03 OE-C with:
- Wireless Net Connection module prx
- Restart PSP/ Shutdown PSP module prx
- Multiple codecs for audio and video (divx, xvid, ect)

We need to start fully customizing the vsh to run kool prx off the actual XMB! Sum releases are amazin prx's like the (ftp prx and restart prx but could use more work!)

jefdizon
January 24th, 2007, 18:50
I only get a blank page after typing "ftp:// -PSP's IP Address-" :confused:

xg917
January 24th, 2007, 19:34
WE NEED A XMB MOD FOR THIS!

We need a DaX 3.03 OE-C with:
- Wireless Net Connection module prx
- Restart PSP/ Shutdown PSP module prx
- Multiple codecs for audio and video (divx, xvid, ect)

We need to start fully customizing the vsh to run kool prx off the actual XMB! Sum releases are amazin prx's like the (ftp prx and restart prx but could use more work!)

WAAAAAA!? OE C?? does it work for u?

syntaxtothe
January 24th, 2007, 20:28
Not working. Give it some slack though, it's only version 0.0.1 lol.

UPDATE: It doesn't seem to work with firefox.

However I downloaded SmartFTP and it works with the ftp client, give it a try mates.

Cheers~

stimo
January 24th, 2007, 21:47
the psp ip ??? is it the MAC Addres the ip??

xg917
January 24th, 2007, 21:53
i guess

xg917
January 24th, 2007, 21:57
Not working. Give it some slack though, it's only version 0.0.1 lol.

UPDATE: It doesn't seem to work with firefox.

However I downloaded SmartFTP and it works with the ftp client, give it a try mates.

Cheers~

wait, i have a ftp client but idk how to use it with the psp, can u give us steps please?

Hungry Horace
January 24th, 2007, 22:09
the psp ip ??? is it the MAC Addres the ip??

i guess

no it isnt. the mac address is a unique identifier for your PSP, whilst the IP address is defined upon connection.

Set up the normal wifi access on the psp, and when you run the test at the end of setting up your connection, one of the things it will say is "ip address" , it will probably look something like 192.168.1.5 - its the address for you psp ONLY on your local connection, but it should assign the same one everytime.

this means your PC (on the same local connection) can recognise the PSP from this same identifier. typeing 192.168.1.0 into firefox will often take you to your modem/router settings, and this works by the same method.

sadly, no one has really said much about using this program. and the translation above is terrible.

xg917
January 24th, 2007, 22:17
so have u tried this?

Hungry Horace
January 24th, 2007, 22:20
between writing that post and now, yes.

i have the problem mentioned above of it refusing to select my connection feom the list (they are there, but the screen simply refreshes when an option is clicked)

i can but hope this will be worked on. It would be a very useful tool, and i agree with the person above who said it would be very nice to have as a prx plugin

xg917
January 24th, 2007, 22:26
so.. it doesnt work? im trying it right now, i hope this thing gets to work someday

Hungry Horace
January 24th, 2007, 22:40
why dont you use PSP-FTPD v0.3.8 (http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/archives/89-PSP-FTPD-A-FTP-Server-on-your-PSP-v0.3.8.html)? trying this thing out has finally encouraged me to install it, and it works fine.

my only problem is that my FTP client and firefox dont like it and cannot find my PSP. I.E does work however, although i know from experience, it's even worse as an FTP client than it is as a browser.

edit: i stand corrected, my FTP client does pick it up eventually, and whilst the connect stays stable, the transfer rate is good. (and its a damn site better than using IE) - certainly ZX-81's finest work that i've tried.

basing this program off of its code seems odd to me, what will it do differently to PSP-FTPD exactly?

xg917
January 24th, 2007, 23:10
that thing is kool, i just tried it, but the thing is that.. i cant add files to my psp, thats wut i wanted to do cuz my usb cable is damaged. i can stil use it but its a pain cuz i have to twist it n do wut ever i can to get it to work

blaz3d
January 25th, 2007, 00:07
Cool! I refuse to unnecessarily flash my PSP gameboots, topicons, etc. I know the risk of a brick low but I don't care.

i rape my flash memory:D but flash access should have nothing to do with this app. im nearly sure that after zx's work on the ftp server it didnt contain any flash access(me thinks).

what i wouldnt like is my memory stick getting screwed up from bad transfers. im just gona stay with whats working for me http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30396

would like to hear if zx has anything to say about this release

peace

froggie22
January 25th, 2007, 11:14
i got this working. put the file in the game folder not game150 or game303. and i also have my game folder set to 3.03 kernal.

EDIT: well i got it connected but i dont know how to transfer files?