PDA

View Full Version : UK PS3 launch details at midnight

wraggster
January 24th, 2007, 18:13
Full UK and European deatils of the PS3 launch date, price and hopefully launch line-up will be made at midnight tonight, Sony has told CVG.

The company has previously stated it hoped to reveal full info earlier this week, but then said, via its unofficial blog, Three Speech, that the news would be delayed until later this week. Well 'later this week' is Thursday or Friday.

Speaking to CVG Sony has confirmed the announcement will go live tonight at 12am GMT. It's a bit of an odd time to officially announce details of a UK and European launch at midnight, but who knows what goes on inside the mind of Sony?

So, £425 and March 23? Or will Sony announce it's been delayed again (might explain the midnight release)? We'll find out later on.

Check back at midnight. Or first thing tomorrow if it's past your bedtime

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156216)

Shrygue
January 24th, 2007, 18:23
I hope the date hasn't been been moved forward becaues I've waited ages for when the PS3 will arrive.

gdf
January 24th, 2007, 20:38
i would laugh if it was delayed again! (sorry YKB!)

Xiofire
January 24th, 2007, 21:00
I would be major annoyed if they delayed it, ive been waiting ages for the PS3.
-Xiofire

EDIT:

Found This Here (http://filt3r.blogspot.com/2007/01/euro-press-release-march-23-2007-omg.html)

PS3 to Launch in UK on 23rd March 2007
Over 30 Titles for Launch Period
1 Million units forecast for Initial European Launch Period

London, 24 January 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced that PLAYSTATION®3 will be launched in the PAL territories including the United Kingdom on 23rd March 2007 at a price of £425.

Responding to retail and consumer demand, SCEE confirmed that initially only the 60GB model would be available, with the 20GB model to follow later in the year dependent on demand.

An expected one million PS3 units will be made available during the initial launch period to all SCEE territories.

SCEE also announced a stellar launch line-up of over 30 game titles for PS3, including eagerly awaited titles published by SCEE such as Resistance: Fall of Man™, MotorStorm™, Genji™: Days of the Blade, FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION and Ridge Racer™ 7. An exceptional range of titles in every genre will also be available at launch from the world’s leading third party publishers, including Electronic Arts, Activision, Namco Bandai, Sega, Take 2, Ubisoft, Vivendi Universal, and Sony Online Entertainment.

Dunno if this is true, but looks pretty official to me.