PDA

View Full Version : Perrin Says Nintendo Is "Profit Oriented"

wraggster
January 24th, 2007, 18:34
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/kotaku-magu/kotaku-magu-perrin-says-nintendo-is-profit-oriented-230970.php)

Don't let Mario's overalls fool you, Nintendo likes money just as the next console maker. No surprises there — Memories do come flooding back to when Nintendo announced Wii pricing and many flipped out at parting with US $250 as opposed to the rumored $199. Newsweek's got a piece up on the Wii about demand for the machine, the radio contest fiasco and a few blurbs from Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan. Regarding the contest, Kaplan offered her condolences and stressed that Nintendo had nothing to do with it. Regarding the shortages, she said:

We produce a healthy number, with more shipments coming weekly. We're not sure what more we could have done to meet such overwhelming demand... We try to minimize that [airlifting in consoles as Sony did with the PS3], as air is costly. We're a profit-oriented company.
Yup, that you are. And turning a pretty penny from what we hear!

iniquitous_beast
January 24th, 2007, 19:05
I'm shocked. Does this make Sony a deficit-oriented company?

alienanthropologist
January 24th, 2007, 21:44
I'm shocked. Does this make Sony a deficit-oriented company?

:rofl: You're absolutely spot on there. I mean, doesn't Sony lose something like 300 bucks per console? That's one big deficit-making monster! :eek: