PDA

View Full Version : One in five fail Windows validation checks

wraggster
January 24th, 2007, 19:20
via register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/24/wga_audit/)

More than a fifth (22 per cent) of Windows installations failed tests on their authenticity, according to figures from tests conducted using Microsoft's controversial Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) tool.

More than 512 million tests against WGA have been conducted since July 2005 resulting in a failure rate of 22.3 per cent, according to figures from Microsoft released on Monday.

Users need to validate their operating system using WGA before downloading certain updates from the software giant.

Figures from the WGA audit are lower than those from the Business Software Alliance, which reckons 35 per cent of business software is counterfeit.

The WGA figures might be expected to come in lower as users knowingly running counterfeit copies of Windows are unlikely to voluntarily submit their systems to validation checks

Shrygue
January 24th, 2007, 19:37
Windows Genuine Advantage tool, huh? To me it's more like Windows Genuine Disadvantage if it fails validation checks for users that have genuine installations.

acn010
January 24th, 2007, 19:39
thats what i hate from microsoft, i'ved been putting my code thingy to the website and it was invalide, i had to call them and complian.... it took large hours to get a new key

mad-brian
January 24th, 2007, 22:42
Ack sure, there is a way to get past that Windows validation check, and no, i'm not going to say how

IndianCheese
January 25th, 2007, 00:16
Macs rule. They never break, there are no activation codes, everything is built solid, and the desktop format kicks ass. I even have my sad PC "Mac-ed out".

I'm glad because of this. I hope they get so broke they have to suck the dirty cocks of their high paid lawyers to make any money.

jonezybaby
January 25th, 2007, 01:02
ive never had a failed validation, mebe im due 1? lol

sonerkoksal
January 29th, 2007, 18:33
dude thats strange but theres no way to hack windows =) i think they always change validation codes.

splodger15
January 31st, 2007, 21:36
^ ^
Yeh there are ways to hack windows.

S34MU5
January 31st, 2007, 22:06
My old comp has "this version of windows is not genuine" the people who made it used the same windows for each pc the made...

And linux and XP are the best (dual boot :p)

ACID
January 31st, 2007, 22:51
dude thats strange but theres no way to hack windows =) i think they always change validation codes.

Dude theres plenty of ways.