PDA

View Full Version : Firefox coming to the Nintendo Wii ??

wraggster
January 24th, 2007, 19:42
Some gaming site is claiming that Firefox is coming to Wii, heres the info:

Good news to all the Firefox fanboys out there. The popular free browser is coming soon to the Nintendo Wii, says Satoru Iwata. The free Firefox browser will be available as a free download for Wii owners. It features a scrolling method called ‘Motion-Browse’ which allows you to use a combination of buttons and wrist flicks to navigate the web. Text input has also been simplified with predictive text that works with the wiimote to enter text at an astounding 50 words per minute. That’s faster than most people type. I’m excited about this new browser, which looks to change the way we surf the web forever. All I can say is bring it on.

Most likely rubbish but who knows for sure?

acn010
January 24th, 2007, 19:43
woot!!!
wait... me no have wii :(

gunntims0103
January 24th, 2007, 20:04
This is great news, iv been waiting for a firefox browser hope this is true :)

ICE
January 24th, 2007, 20:07
man i hope this is for real...

Accordion
January 24th, 2007, 20:47
strange...

Kramer
January 24th, 2007, 21:31
Lol.............................
What are the chances of this happening?

Jonesyxxiv
January 24th, 2007, 21:35
That would be awesome i hope it would have tabs. It could be way better than the curent one (that im on now). It would be cool if it can use extentions

radiator
January 24th, 2007, 22:39
Hmm, I don't think Opera would be happy about this. Rumor/fake, surely? Although it would be nice if it were true...

werpu
January 25th, 2007, 09:54
I highly doubt it, so far nintendo seems to be happy with the work opera is doing, firefox would mean nintendo has to do it themselves.

curt_grymala
January 25th, 2007, 11:34
Hmm, I don't think Opera would be happy about this. Rumor/fake, surely? Although it would be nice if it were true...

I highly doubt it, so far nintendo seems to be happy with the work opera is doing, firefox would mean nintendo has to do it themselves.

That's pretty much what I was planning to say.

smarlow
January 25th, 2007, 11:40
hmmm

linkenski
January 25th, 2007, 12:34
for me it looks like those who have written this, exchanged Firefox and Opera with each other. i use firefox but i live in the northern europe so...

juancarlos
January 25th, 2007, 22:20
It would be great if this rumor was real... but I dont think so. : (

PSPegasus
January 26th, 2007, 06:21
People have been saying that Firefox will be ported to PSP for ages and ages, and yet there's still nothing. I'm willing to bet this is just another fake story.
Of course it'd be awesome if it isn't :D.

Cap'n 1time
January 26th, 2007, 08:50
There would be no need. This sounds false to me.
I'd probably still use opera anyway...

If this were true, however, that would mean nintendo is embracing open source software. What would be next? OpenOffice.org? Gaim? perhaps some form of linux? its a nice thought, but i think the only way these things will ever happen is via homebrew development and porting.