PDA

View Full Version : Pope condemns video games

wraggster
January 24th, 2007, 20:22
via MCVCuk (http://www.mcvuk.com/Pope-condemns-video-games)

Pope Benedict XVI has taken a swipe at violent or sexually explicit video games and animated movies, naming them a "pervasive influence" on children.
The Pope made the statements in a message to mark the church's World Communications Day.

"Any trend to produce programs and products - including animated movies and video games - which in the name of entertainment exalt violence and portray anti-social behaviour or the trivilization of human sexuality is a perversion, all the more repulsive when these programs are directed at children and adolescents," he said.

"I appeal to the leaders of the media industry to educated and encourage producers to safeguard the common good, to uphold the truth, to protect individual human dignity and promote respect for the needs of the family."

Benedict also suggested that children should be encouraged to enjoy classic literature, fine arts and "uplifting music".

briyan
January 24th, 2007, 20:35
bottom line is that the parents should always be mindful of what their kids are playing.

ICE
January 24th, 2007, 20:49
hahaha the pope should keep his big popey hat out of other peoples business!! who does he think he is??? GOD!?!?! oh wait....... he does.....:D

irishwhip
January 24th, 2007, 20:49
i believe religion has killed more people than video games.

pibs
January 24th, 2007, 20:53
sry i don't listen to germans, last time people listened to a german..... well u know rhymes with riddler

F9zDark
January 24th, 2007, 20:54
He talks about classical literature and art; yet in those days, said artists and writers were shunned for their work by the generations before them.

If said Pope was born in 1983 and grew up with games and miraculously was given his title at 23 years of age, his attitude on gaming would be completely different.

Added:

http://scripturist.org/pope%20palpatine.jpg

'nuff said.

ICE
January 24th, 2007, 20:55

haha ya id be willing to bet a lot of $$ on that theory.

g00gy
January 24th, 2007, 21:07
does he know that games have ratings allocated to diffrent ages.

instead of condemning violent games and animation he should just say they should have stricter rating system.

ICE
January 24th, 2007, 21:08
or he should condemn the parents for buying the games for the kids.

Veskgar
January 24th, 2007, 21:13

Good point!

g00gy
January 24th, 2007, 21:17

no matter what religous beliefs humans have they will kill each other. thats how humans are whether it be religion or violent media.

ExcruciationX
January 24th, 2007, 21:17
Very true! :|

solid12345
January 24th, 2007, 21:23
Yes, kids should instead be training to become martyrs for a crusade or jihad instead :rofl:

xsimmonsx
January 24th, 2007, 21:25
'the trivialization of human sexuality is a perversion'

Well I know one thing, I'd rather my have my kids involved within the safety of a gaming community than amongst a bunch of paedophiles and pervert at church.

Religion is the biggest problem the world's ever encountered, violence in games is nothing compared to the long term nut jobs religion produces.

I'm sorry if any of you are into it, but I have a very, very hard time believing about 'the invisible man who lives in the sky'.

ExcruciationX
January 24th, 2007, 21:31

Well I know one thing, I'd rather my have my kids involved within the safety of a gaming community than amongst a bunch of paedophiles and pervert at church.

Religion is the biggest problem the world's ever encountered, violence in games is nothing compared to the long term nut jobs religion produces.

I'm sorry if any of you are into it, but I have a very, very hard time believing about 'the invisible man who lives in the sky'.

Now that there, was the coolest attack on religion I've seen! :D

+Rep to you, my friend! :thumbup:

I question the idea of some invisible being that lives in the sky also.

digitalpedro
January 24th, 2007, 21:37
"fine art" and "uplifting music" i pretty sure these can be found in many games, if you class nice graphics as fine art.

Nflblitz
January 24th, 2007, 21:39
I bet he like video games more if they didnt take the swasica out of world war 2 games.

acn010
January 24th, 2007, 21:43
and the other pope say's this
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/x6cji8ui3.jpg

Kramer
January 24th, 2007, 21:45
Lol the old pope was way cooler than this one.

acn010
January 24th, 2007, 21:46
lol, he was, i sa him live it was kinda magical........ did i said that?
lol

C0R3F1GHT3R
January 24th, 2007, 21:49

damn right! well said! The pope can suck my cack and ill shove a joystick up his a**... Religion ruins creative imo, and if ur truly really into it ur like a simple programed robot.

kiariki
January 24th, 2007, 21:51
"fine art" and "uplifting music" i pretty sure these can be found in many games, if you class nice graphics as fine art.

Well, video games such as Final Fantasy (for the 3D oriented consoles... Eh, FF6 as well) and [This other one for the PS2, that looks like a "living" canvas] portray as sense of art similar to the way movies do.

And as for music... I'd agree had he said "no more rap with vulgar language". Either way, anything controversial, the church's been against.

Also, it seems like he wants to bring the world back to pre-World War II.... :P

And... "Nigga please!" :D

snkrock25
January 24th, 2007, 21:56
he has an opinion. i can respect that. im sure he's has an interesting perspective as a (presumably) non-gamer. He just gets to look at the matter "from outside the box", too bad we're not all that fortunate. :(

Man
January 24th, 2007, 22:05
I like the other pope better as well, he kept his dam yap shut !!

nebulator
January 24th, 2007, 22:08
What a Nub lol, he probably got pwnd on Cs:s and is pissed... Or This could be twisted into some sort of racial attack against the japanse :
1# They Like video games a hella lot.
2# they Like animation a hella lot and where teh creators as such ( Anime, Manga and so on ...)
3# Japan has no ..censor ship laws ? or very laxed one s ?

i dunno ...to the Batcave robin !

wolfpack
January 24th, 2007, 22:17
the real question is... What would Bryan Boitano do in this situation?

greyfox123
January 24th, 2007, 22:43
maybe if the pope learned a few things from frye who would shut his ass up. A game doesnt cause problems, its how a person interprets them, a game doesnt cause violence, a dumb little kid does. I think the pope should get out of his nazi costume and see that hes a peice of ***otry in a kool ass hat.. he doesnt deserve it :) but yea boo pope benedict, and yes john was kooler

LAW666
January 24th, 2007, 22:50

amen to that brother, now would you like to go on a gta style rampage through town in the name of god to cleanse all these filthy video-game playing souls?

Christuserloeser
January 24th, 2007, 23:00
Hm, he's representing GOD on earth, and he's GERMAN (remember: where they're thinking about to put a ban on all violent games and where Doom, Wolfenstein and Quake already are illegal), and he fought in WWII - on the wrong side! ....what do you expect?

I guess religion and war had a bad influence on him. ^^

...also why is he so concerned about parents ? He never was and never will be a parent.

SSaxdude
January 24th, 2007, 23:10
Hmm, videogames are virtual fun, and the catholic church is fun of pedophiles. How odd.

I'd also bet "God" has killed more people than "satan."

Basil Zero
January 24th, 2007, 23:10
why animated movies? last i checked pixar made PG movies LMAO

and i am christian, doesnt mean i'm gonna listen to this pope though, pfft, video games evil, heck, i say its "God's Plan" and another miracle

irishwhip
January 24th, 2007, 23:32
Hmm, videogames are virtual fun, and the catholic church is fun of pedophiles. How odd.

I'd also bet "satan" has killed more people than "God."

LOL, nope. i grew up catholic (explains a lot about my religious resentment eh :p ) and if you take the bible literally, god killed way more than satan

God 2,270,365+
Satan 10

jdnation
January 24th, 2007, 23:58
Perhaps you guys that are attacking Pope Benedict need to shut the hell up and actually read what the Pope said:

"Any trend to produce programs and products - including animated movies and video games - which in the name of entertainment exalt violence and portray anti-social behaviour or the trivilization of human sexuality is a perversion, all the more repulsive when these programs are directed at childrenand adolescents."

On the Church's World Communications Day, the Church speaks out against all media that specifically EXALTS violence... in other words glorifies it and criminal activities and sexual perversion! NOT ALL movies, animated films or games! Just a specific type! Go and read about media in something called 'The Cathecism of the Catholic Church.' But since I'm sure a lot of you are ignorant about religion (invisible man in the sky... haven't heard that one before... good one atheists... haha :rofl: The Church is full of pedophiles as much as gamers are dim witted fat virgin male morons who live in their parents basements and throw tantrums and resort to violence and shooting up classmates in school whenever mommy and daddy won't let them play counter strike because they didn't finish their homework), I'll give you a brief summary of what it states, it goes something like this...

Any media, whatever it's content, must ultimately be judged based solely on the intent of its creators and what they meant to convey.

So basically you can have violent movies and games and things that touch upon mature themes... But at the end, what is the moral of the story? What is the message? IS there a point? Is your avatar or the character well intentioned? (Solid Snake, Sam Fisher etc.) or is it glorifying violence and sex for the sake of glorifying violence and sex? (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Hentai games).

In other words, the title of the article and this thread is misleading, the Pope did not slam video games and animated movies. Just a certain kind! Same for films and other media. Move along nothing to see here...

Tetris999
January 25th, 2007, 00:11
Perhaps you guys that are attacking Pope Benedict need to shut the hell up and actually read what the Pope said:

"Any trend to produce programs and products - including animated movies and video games - which in the name of entertainment exalt violence and portray anti-social behaviour or the trivilization of human sexuality is a perversion, all the more repulsive when these programs are directed at childrenand adolescents."

On the Church's World Communications Day, the Church speaks out against all media that specifically EXALTS violence... in other words glorifies it and criminal activities and sexual perversion! NOT ALL movies, animated films or games! Just a specific type! Go and read about media in something called 'The Cathecism of the Catholic Church.' But since I'm sure a lot of you are ignorant about religion (invisible man in the sky... haven't heard that one before... good one atheists... haha :rofl: The Church is full of pedophiles as much as gamers are dim witted fat virgin male morons who live in their parents basements and throw tantrums and resort to violence and shooting up classmates in school whenever mommy and daddy won't let them play counter strike because they didn't finish their homework), I'll give you a brief summary of what it states, it goes something like this...

Any media, whatever it's content, must ultimately be judged based solely on the intent of its creators and what they meant to convey.

So basically you can have violent movies and games and things that touch upon mature themes... But at the end, what is the moral of the story? What is the message? IS there a point? Is your avatar or the character well intentioned? (Solid Snake, Sam Fisher etc.) or is it glorifying violence and sex for the sake of glorifying violence and sex? (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Hentai games).

In other words, the title of the article and this thread is misleading, the Pope did not slam video games and animated movies. Just a certain kind! Same for films and other media. Move along nothing to see here...

I totally i agree even if im not catholic :D you go man

jdnation
January 25th, 2007, 00:13
LOL, nope. i grew up catholic (explains a lot about my religious resentment eh :p ) and if you take the bible literally, god killed way more than satan

God 2,270,365+
Satan 10

Actually, it's not correct, Satan along with man's own rebellious nature brought about death in a perfect world where there was none. In other words, Satan's kill rate is 100%. After that, mankind was already suffering and killing each other and dying. God's kill rate even in God-mode is a drop in the ocean compared to what mankind does to itself. God intervenes at times and orders the Israelites to attack and kill specific people at specific times for specific reasons. Know that thing called the Bible? Try, y'know... actually reading it. Then maybe take some archeology and history cources on teh Ancient Near East to have a better grasp of what that world was like. It's long and big and requires a brain, but if you can play violent games and solve puzzles you can get a kick out of it too!

dankbeats
January 25th, 2007, 00:26
"Fine art"? Animation along with jazz music are the only two completely original art forms from America. You can arguably add video games to that list too. Jazz has been allowed to develop unhindered partly since most people, much less children, ignored it since the popular big band era. But what of animation and games? Animation has been in a state of arrested development for too long. Just because it is prominent in society and strongly associated with children doesn't mean consenting adults should have to suffer a lack of variety. It really disappoints me to see that a country like Japan will fully embrace the art of animation while America largely relegates it to "kid's stuff". I think the pope should think about more important things like controlling the disturbing biological needs of his subordinates.

greyfox123
January 25th, 2007, 00:45
Actually, it's not correct, Satan along with man's own rebellious nature brought about death in a perfect world where there was none. In other words, Satan's kill rate is 100%. After that, mankind was already suffering and killing each other and dying. God's kill rate even in God-mode is a drop in the ocean compared to what mankind does to itself. God intervenes at times and orders the Israelites to attack and kill specific people at specific times for specific reasons. Know that thing called the Bible? Try, y'know... actually reading it. Then maybe take some archeology and history cources on teh Ancient Near East to have a better grasp of what that world was like. It's long and big and requires a brain, but if you can play violent games and solve puzzles you can get a kick out of it too!

learning doesnt require a bible just so you know, it has no historical value what so ever. And they mean god kills as in religion kills i bet, cause religion has been the cause for more deaths than anything else :P holy wars hehe.... anyways, i dont think games are evil, ive never wanted to go smash someones face in with a bat after playing gta sa, and i dont think i ever will, its just harmless fun, its how dumb little kids interpret stuff, thats why theres violence. And why is religion all against the stuff that they themselves do. Im sure theres more violence in religion, and more perversion and immoral acts aswell.

irishwhip
January 25th, 2007, 00:58
the bible has no educational value whatsoever IMHO
yes, i have read it. i swallowed that shit until i was old enough to think for myself.
why does religion give people such a superiority complex?

SSaxdude
January 25th, 2007, 01:00

God 2,270,365+
Satan 10

I meant to say "God" in place of "satan" and "satan" in place of "God." I should probably get back on my meds. :) I too grew up catholic

Because they feel powerful for believing in a story.
You know what, I'm going to believe in magic like in Harry Potter, and hopefully I can ride a flying broom XD

Broadus
January 25th, 2007, 01:28
Pope Benedict XVI has given me a good chuckle.

fistikuffs
January 25th, 2007, 01:32

Hi i read the bible and it said moses lived till 700 years old? And it also implied that Adam and Eve's children were incestuous and it said that snakes can talk and that god murdered women and children (egyptians) and noah managed to fit two of every species of animal on a boat(!!??) (even though new species are still being discovered all the time). Noah forgot to bring the unicorns but their fossils have never been found. Actually the bible says a lot of bullshit and anyone who would base an argument or even their way of life on what the bible says is gullible and sad. Please pm me I will argue against your bullshit bible and religion all day.

Back on topic: if the pope had his way we would spend our spare time burning homosexuals and helping the church to cover up for child molesting priests. No you're right the church isn't full of child molesters but tell me this: How many is too much? One priest doing this is too many if you ask me and there is much more than one. That evil looking b@stard pope should reflect on the havoc that has and is still being inflicted on the world because of religions just like his.

What's that mr pope? video games are the problem? No problem mr pope now piss off:mad: :mad: :mad:

woods05
January 25th, 2007, 01:50
well, i guess wii games don't fall into his categories. unless he calls shooting plungers at rabbits violence.

In other words, Nintendo Wii rocks!

Vegetable
January 25th, 2007, 03:03

Thankyou, thankyou, THANKYOU. I'm sick of all these dumbass kids throwing around insults because OH NO, SOMEONE SAID GAMES THAT GLORIFY VIOLENCE ARE BAD!

You're all a bunch of morons who need to learn how to comprehend English.

pokemon1992
January 25th, 2007, 04:14
well i dont really agree with the pope at all, im 14 and follow religion (not christian) but violent video games arent bad sometimes they can help people during a bad exerience

sometimes after a bad day a school or work you go down and play violent games to get your mind off reality and its a whole lot better thn going and punching the living daylights out of whoevers made you mad

or something like that???

R4mbo
January 25th, 2007, 07:27
Yeah, he shouldn't care about our Business. Gamers should decide about gamers. The Pope is really outdated, with time more and more people dont have any religion. He is just a fool.

muffinman
January 25th, 2007, 11:06
ill add mearly one thing....

lol

Facho
January 25th, 2007, 13:44
The problem lies in education, not on video games.

Still, can't wait for a GTA Vatican :D

Amethyst
January 25th, 2007, 14:01

I agree with you and find the title of this is grossly taken out of context.

But since I'm sure a lot of you are ignorant about religion [I](invisible man in the sky... haven't heard that one before... good one atheists... haha :rofl:

I'm sorry but I find this very juvenile. One thing is sharing wisdom, another is being a d'ck about it. Not only do you make a generalization, but you are also being patronizing toward Atheists.

the bible has no educational value whatsoever IMHO
yes, i have read it. i swallowed that shit until i was old enough to think for myself.

I have not read the entire Bible, only the first dozen pages and the New Testament. Although the Bible has no factual value, it does have spiritual and philosophic value.

Religion gives some people a superiority complex for the same reason anything gives anyone such a reaction. They feel inferior and frightened, so they decide to hold themselves up high, along with their beliefs, and look down on the opposition. Even those against religion express this. I don't think many arrogant religious folk demonstrate a superiority complex, but rather a zealous devotion.

No, religion is not the greatest problem, chauvinism is. Religion is a tool to give hope to the hopeless, motivate the confused, and give meaning for the lonesome to the phenomenal accident which we call life. The problem with religion is not that people believe, it's that people forget the reason for its being and its message. When people believe faith is the universal truth and instead of forming a personal doctrine around it, they force their fanaticism upon others at a corporate level, that's when we have problems. Is that religion's fault? It's as much religion's fault as video games is to blame for violence. Those who refuse to observe and think will commit wicked mistakes.

Anyways, I like this Pope more: Battle Pope (http://www.newsarama.com/ImageComics/BattlePope/BattlePope01issue.htm)

gdf
January 25th, 2007, 14:21
religion is the greatest cause of violence in the world, games have done virtually (LOL!) no harm. there will always be these dumbass self poroclaimed moral guardians who "slam" entertainment mediums. africans are dying of aids because the catholic church wont let them have condoms. exposure to the brainwashing of some religious groups will harm more kids than games ever did or ever will.

I heart Nintendo
January 25th, 2007, 16:08
The Pope can suck on a Wii-remote.

mnky
January 25th, 2007, 16:44
Hi i read the bible and it said moses lived till 700 years old? And it also implied that Adam and Eve's children were incestuous and it said that snakes can talk and that god murdered women and children (egyptians) and noah managed to fit two of every species of animal on a boat(!!??) (even though new species are still being discovered all the time). Noah forgot to bring the unicorns but their fossils have never been found. Actually the bible says a lot of bullshit and anyone who would base an argument or even their way of life on what the bible says is gullible and sad. Please pm me I will argue against your bullshit bible and religion all day.

Back on topic: if the pope had his way we would spend our spare time burning homosexuals and helping the church to cover up for child molesting priests. No you're right the church isn't full of child molesters but tell me this: How many is too much? One priest doing this is too many if you ask me and there is much more than one. That evil looking b@stard pope should reflect on the havoc that has and is still being inflicted on the world because of religions just like his.

What's that mr pope? video games are the problem? No problem mr pope now piss off:mad: :mad: :mad:

I would like to hit you very hard.

irishwhip
January 25th, 2007, 17:27
i'm sure the pope would approve of that action

BlackJack23
January 25th, 2007, 17:30
*Sigh*

Another religious debate. I think I'll sit this one out guys.

SnoopKatt
January 25th, 2007, 23:48

Right on! This is the most reasonable post I've read in this topic. The title is very misleading, and I hate that stereotype about the Catholic Church being pedophiles. In fact, I hate stereotypes all together. Are all Mexicans illegal immigrants who are screwing up America? Are all gamers fat piece-of-crap slobs? Are all Muslims terrorists?

Hungry Horace
January 26th, 2007, 00:08
of course religion has caused more death than video games. it's been going on for milleniea (sp?)

who gives a f*** what the pope thinks?? is anyone here a catholic? i was baptised catholic, it doenst stop me thinking catholism (and every other religion) is retarded.

i'll probably get flamed for this, but i'm only saying what i think, i'm not trying to convert anyone (something i leave the religous nuts to do) - you're all entitiled to your own opinions / views / beliefs... millions of people interpret it all in different ways, and that is a big chunk of the problem

fistikuffs
January 26th, 2007, 01:14
I would like to hit you very hard.

I'm sure you would. That's religions answer to all it's critics...hit them hard.

If you don't get me maybe your fake god will take care of me?:thumbup:

ExcruciationX
January 26th, 2007, 05:48
I'm sure you would. That's religions answer to all it's critics...hit them hard.

If you don't get me maybe your fake god will take care of me?:thumbup:
Correct! I'll throw in what I think of religion (as a whole).

Since the beginning of time, humans have had religion. Why? It gives them something to believe in, and to worship (which there is absolutely nothing wrong with). Now, what proof is out there, that the religion you worship is correct? There really isn't any, except for the Bible.

The Bible is kind of a joke. Why? Because it has been edited and translated so many times, that we have no clue as to what it originaly said. Yet, people still follow it, and have faith in it.

I'm sure some of you knew I was going to bring this up but, what about the topic of Extraterrestrials?

People claim to have seen strange objects hovering or traveling at very high speeds. I personally thought it was all bullshit... until one day.

It was about 12:30 AM, clear night (can't remember the day, it was in the summer time). I was working on some stupid homework in my bed (with my laptop, dull screen). I look up and I see a slightly brighter light up in the sky, that I hadn't noticed before. I said "Hmm... that's weird, and kept working. Since the homework I was working on was VERY boring, I looked at the star again for a few minutes. And all of a sudden... BAM... it takes off and stops one arms length from where it originaly was (measured it). Then it zooms of at a vertical angle (to the right, it came from the left). I would say it was pretty far away, a few miles at least.

I was VERY startled , I had just seen a damn UFO! This experience caused me to totally rethink everything I had been taught about religion. I studied the subject extensively, and I found there was TONS of proof that these guys exist...

1. There are BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of stars in this galaxy ALONE. To say that none of them could have any life on them because God made us special, is just ignorant at best.

2. Look at all the eyewitness accounts. It's not just ordinary people your talking about here! It's military officals, naval officers, you name it, all have people that have seen them.

3. Look at the odds of seeing one. I remember reading somewhere that "...one in six people in the United States alone, has had, or know someone that has had percieved contact with Extraterrestials in their lifetime". Now, I don't know about you, but that would have be A TON of druggies for that to be untrue! And I know I'm not one!

4. Look at the stupid excuses by the government to explain it. Like "Oh, it was some space junk". That traveled faster then anything we currently know of? Yeah, right.

In conclusion, I think that religion is somethinf that man has made up to keep living for.

Miria
January 26th, 2007, 06:46
He thinks hes doing the right thing all the time?? Poor him... I want Pope John Paulo Back,., ""I think thats how u spell it""

Cap'n 1time
January 26th, 2007, 09:08
So the guy that was formally part of the Hitler Youth is trying to tell us whats morally acceptable eh?

gdf
January 26th, 2007, 09:36
good point. i had heard that before.

Panini
January 26th, 2007, 11:18
I like the pope... cause the pope smokes dope. :)

Gazamadaz
January 26th, 2007, 13:30
oh come on guys. seriously? The pope is right. that's not to say violent games shouldn't be made. but huge money is being pumped in from military organisations to make violent games to train kids, desensitise them at an early age and give them a good idea of combat.

I actually have no problem with violent games. I love em, i spent two months playing hitman blood nonstop trying to figure out new ways to kill people (which i am now quite ashamed of). but i don't like how children are being manipulated, along with parents.

If you choose to play violent videogames, then cool. but kids are following the "cool" games to play by their piers and tv ads and then parents are coerced by their children (as children do) into buying them.

It does ultimately come down to the parents, but they're (like most) mostly not aware of the levels of influence big corporations have over society.

Also, apparently games put your mind into a state below sleep!!!

Where you're open to all kinds of information that completely bypasses your conscious mind. WOaa! I'm trying not diss games here, mainly cause I'd be a hippocrite (i love videogames very much) .

I want to make it clear it's the present system of manipulation, not the games themselves. plus, i'd like to see more games without mindless violence, though they do seem to be getting more popular.

the pope is asking for something very fair though, to think about what is being produced. Instead of just making the products that are guaranteed to sell (ie violent, sexual ones) they should take way more risks.

ExcruciationX
January 26th, 2007, 18:04
oh come on guys. seriously? The pope is right. that's not to say violent games shouldn't be made. but huge money is being pumped in from military organisations to make violent games to train kids, desensitise them at an early age and give them a good idea of combat.

I actually have no problem with violent games. I love em, i spent two months playing hitman blood nonstop trying to figure out new ways to kill people (which i am now quite ashamed of). but i don't like how children are being manipulated, along with parents.

If you choose to play violent videogames, then cool. but kids are following the "cool" games to play by their piers and tv ads and then parents are coerced by their children (as children do) into buying them.

It does ultimately come down to the parents, but they're (like most) mostly not aware of the levels of influence big corporations have over society.

Also, apparently games put your mind into a state below sleep!!!

Where you're open to all kinds of information that completely bypasses your conscious mind. WOaa! I'm trying not diss games here, mainly cause I'd be a hippocrite (i love videogames very much) .

I want to make it clear it's the present system of manipulation, not the games themselves. plus, i'd like to see more games without mindless violence, though they do seem to be getting more popular.

the pope is asking for something very fair though, to think about what is being produced. Instead of just making the products that are guaranteed to sell (ie violent, sexual ones) they should take way more risks.
I agree with you to a point. I don't think they intended them for mind control, but I think this is possible. The government is probably testing this as I type.

I also liked the old pope better, he seemed to actually do something, instead of complaining about stuff that didn't pertain to him. He thinks he runs the world, but this isn't true anymore.

I like the pope... cause the pope smokes dope. :)

I think you mean the pope IS a dope.

Ennohex
January 28th, 2007, 09:33
The title is misleading, sounds more like the pope is condemning certain video games, not all. I'm sure he's got no beef with all the sports titles out there. (with the exception of DOA volleyball, maybe)

Gazamadaz
January 28th, 2007, 19:36
well not so much as drastic as all out mind control, but conditioning. definitely conditioning.

ExcruciationX
January 28th, 2007, 19:50
well not so much as drastic as all out mind control, but conditioning. definitely conditioning.
This is a good idea. They should use it for warfare.

Anyway's anyone care to read the religion post I posted on the page before this one?

bullhead
January 28th, 2007, 19:54
Its simple enough, they (christians) have a vendetta against FUN.

Is the bear a catholic in the woods?

bull, x.