PDA

View Full Version : Launch Details for UK PS3

wraggster
January 24th, 2007, 22:45
We have the full details on the UK/Europe launch of the PS3 and the price and much more.

Check it out at PS3 Evolution (http://ps3-evolution.dcemu.co.uk/ps3-launch-date-is-on-uk-23rd-march-425-with-30-launch-titles-50555.html)

Totalitarian
January 24th, 2007, 23:35
Maybe I should consult with my bank about re-mortgaging the house now.

Dave the Rave
January 24th, 2007, 23:56
£425? Sony are dreaming, they've eliminated a large number of people who just can't afford or justify paying that for a games console. MS & Nintendo win.

devmas
January 25th, 2007, 00:04
...it still hasn't come out in the U.K. yet?
Wow.

I feel bad for you in the E.U... though, in all honesty, I don't think you're missing much.

Xiofire
January 25th, 2007, 00:13
I like the way Microsoft have done their selling. They sell the console at £279.99. Great price, but to get that up to the hardware standards of the PS3 its is alot more
Xbox 360:£279.99
HD-DVD (Blu ray equivilant) : £129.99
Wireless Adapter : £54.99
Xbox Live:£39.99 per year
Total: around £505

PS3 = £425 all included.
Still, i love my 360, and want a PS3
-Xiofire

SSaxdude
January 25th, 2007, 00:56
Xiofire, the HD-DVD add-on was made for people serious about picture quality in their movies, not the average user.

I feel bad for Europeans, I can get a PS3 virtually anywhere nowadays.

felonyr301
January 25th, 2007, 01:13
please dont count the xbox live to the free online mode from sony as everyone has said and I played already that sony online is utter crap and shouldn't be compared so take off that 40 pounds and now at least your given the choice to pick the hd-dvd instead of being forced upon the consumers just to get a hold of the market with it's drm crap format of which sony is trying to do. The wireless adapter if you really need it can be bought much cheaper than that.

I heart Nintendo
January 25th, 2007, 13:08
I do not want to hear ANOTHER WORD about "The Wii-mote costs too much!" When the DualNoShock is going for £34.99

sinjinn
January 25th, 2007, 13:15
I like the way Microsoft have done their selling. They sell the console at £279.99. Great price, but to get that up to the hardware standards of the PS3 its is alot more

PS3 = £425 all included.
-Xiofire

whats to like about it ? theyve just hidden all the cost to make it seem worthwhile. people online are always dissing the ps3 because of its high price point but it isnt out of reach for anyone with a decent income. the fact that you get a LOT of technology for that price is overlooked.

Galiano
January 25th, 2007, 16:50

PS3 = £425 all included.
-Xiofire

add to that the webcam £34.99 (ps3 has 1 built in)
and the play and charge kit £14.99 (yet again sony's is included in the price) not to mention the fact that ps3 has a 60gb hard drive as standard, but can also use any pc external hard drive as well

Xiofire
January 25th, 2007, 17:35
felonyr301, i was going off store prices for the wireless adapter, but all i was saying was to get it to the same spec, thats how much it would cost, i wasnt trying to cause arguments. Galiano, in built webcam?
-Xiofire

fatdad
January 25th, 2007, 23:29
xbox 360 price drop coming in march i bet ,,and you can now get aload of cheap second hand xbox 360 games....i also hear ps3 games or coded to work on 1 machine only and cant be run on a friends or traded in because they wont work due to the built in anti- share feature....i am also informed my local xtravision game rentel stores wont be stocking them because of this...

XxunknowxX
January 26th, 2007, 02:56
xbox 360 price drop coming in march i bet ,,and you can now get aload of cheap second hand xbox 360 games....i also hear ps3 games or coded to work on 1 machine only and cant be run on a friends or traded in because they wont work due to the built in anti- share feature....i am also informed my local xtravision game rentel stores wont be stocking them because of this...

hmm......never heard of that before but hope it is true i am not agaisnt piracy or for it but i dont want the PS3 to be mess up.

Abgoj
January 26th, 2007, 15:31

It was confirmed about 3 or 4 months ago that that is utter bulls***
I think sony sony has messed up with there new console. With the high:eek: price (and if going by the psp, we won't see a decent price cut for at least a couple of years after it comes out), Lack of decent lauch games (and equally crap after-launch releases in America), and the fact that sony has let down the playstation community altogether. Im not a nintendo fan boy, but i do believe that with the release of the nintendo wii, nintendo will take down sony as it did with sega back in the 90's. As for 360, ten million sales worldwide:rofl:.........need i say more.