PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex`s 3.03 Oe-c Released - Custom Firmware/PSX Emulator

Pages : [1] 2

gunntims0103
January 25th, 2007, 14:19
New release of the Custom Firmware that also supports the Full Speed Playstation Emulator, heres whats new:

Firmware Updates:

* AVC videos bitrate limit patched. The firmware limited the bitrate of avc videos to only 768 Kbps. OE now forces the limit to be 16384 Kbps. (Note: this doesn't mean than the psp can handle such a high bitrate, this means than they won't show error. I don't know which is the real maximum bitrate than the psp can handle at full speed)
* Speed of OE boot is now ~3 seconds faster than previous versions. (without plugins)
* CPU speed of XMB can now be changed.
* Wifi can now work at 333 Mhz!
* Added access to flash 0 and 1 via usb in the recovery menu, based on the great idea of USBSSS by Booster. Note that writing is enabled, so this is intended only for advanced users that know what they are doing in each moment.(It is not a great idea to change anything from the kd folder). Because of this addition, the rest of flashing options were removed.
* PSP isos can now be deleted as any normal memstick games. (also the size of the iso now shows fine when you press triangle->information).
* When formatting memory stick, GAME150, GAME303 and ISO directories will be automatically created!
* Changes in internal HEN core:
o If a EBOOT.PBP with a plain DATA.PSP had a data.psar, modulemgr took as size of the executable the size of data.psp+data.psar. Fixed. (this fix enables psx games to have plain data.psp without causing a memory error).
o Added a couple of patches found by Tyranid. One allows syscalls instructions to be used in kernel mode without causing a crash. The other allows sceKernelQueryModuleInfo to work with sceInit and previous modules.

Popstation Updates:

* The writing is now a bit different. This will avoid "Memory stick blinking too much" bug when using the plugin to load the 3.02 pops.
* popstation now lets the use of non-encrypted DATA.PSP. If data.psp is in the same directory as the app, popstation will use that as the DATA.PSP of the eboot.pbp. Otherwise, it will use the one from BASE.PBP. A DATA.PSP that imitates the original sony one is included.
* EBOOT.PBP generated with a non encrypted data.psp won't need the file KEYS.BIN at all. (Note: these EBOOT.PBP cannot work in versions prior to 3.03 OE-C due to a bug that those versions had.)

Check out our Popstation Compatibility List (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47123)
Got a v1.5 or 2.71 PSP, You need to use this GUIDE (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dcemu-official-guide-how-to-install-3-02-oe-a-then-to-oe-b-to-run-psone-games-47121.html) to update to the new custom firmware

download and give feedback via comment

via Dark-Alex (http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=551)

carlitx
January 25th, 2007, 14:25
haha i got it before it wqs on this forum hahahahaha but now i need to reflash everything:(

gdf
January 25th, 2007, 14:27
this is good news. nice to see it's still being worked on hard by Dax

Baboon
January 25th, 2007, 14:30
Yes yes! Cheers DA I'll be downloaduing this beauty later today.

Wifi working at 333 Mhz is a cool feature. :) $ony's got some catching up to do on Dark Alex! lol

No doubt this thread will crazy now with loadsa posts....

S34MU5
January 25th, 2007, 14:37
YAY wifi! CPU!

YAY!

updating soon

iniquitous_beast
January 25th, 2007, 14:38
That's a much nicer boot speed. Dark-Alex is the hero of the homebrew scene. Thanks again!

fucht017
January 25th, 2007, 14:49
hahahaha...poor Sony....There we go again!!..Hope Resident Evil 2 and 3 are working without glitches..Thanks again Dark Alex.:thumbup:

appie01
January 25th, 2007, 14:57
wonderfull i'm installing it right now
full speed wifi :thumbup:

that poor poor sony :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

siulmagic
January 25th, 2007, 14:57
thx dark alex nice update keep up the good work

Ichijoe
January 25th, 2007, 15:01
Now if Dark Alex can find a way to swap out Multi-Disc Games from within Popstation, he'll be my Hero!!

troom
January 25th, 2007, 15:02
can some one please help how do you get this new popstation to work have all files what do you have to typ to get this to work sorry about the noob q but any help would be greatly appricated. also can you still use cintro,custom gameboots,xmb icons also one other thing anybody try RE 2 or RE 3 hopefully they dont frezz any more thank you TROOM

Dannyboy1989
January 25th, 2007, 15:02
Wow thnx a lot DA! hopefully final fantasy 8 will work without glitches this time

gr42178
January 25th, 2007, 15:08
Anything that makes the PSP boot faster is OK in my book. Cant wait to get home and try this out!

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 15:22
man i like doing this stuff manually its alot more fun then using the noob easy install the noobs will have to wait lol this update is ok its good to read the size of the iso from game and u can delete them from game and the cpu on 333 in the xmb is better and booting psp is quiker the only prob is i was hoping the gta vcs iso will load without using devhook because it doesnt work from under game it only works on 2.71 SE C so i thought because this 3.03 OE C is C i thought gta vcs would work lol

spike_132000
January 25th, 2007, 15:23
This is SOOOO frickin awesome! Downloaded.... Shame I have to wait for my PSP!

Panini
January 25th, 2007, 15:25
Nice release!!!

One question, will my custom gameboots work ok since ive used Gameboot Path Modifier v.1.0???

Apoklepz
January 25th, 2007, 15:31
Great! Thanks once again to DAX and the powers that be! Indeed Sony has to catch up.lol

Question...Pops game saves and compiled EBOOTS need not be changed from OE-B, right?

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 15:31
can some one please help how do you get this new popstation to work have all files what do you have to typ to get this to work sorry about the noob q but any help would be greatly appricated. also can you still use cintro,custom gameboots,xmb icons also one other thing anybody try RE 2 or RE 3 hopefully they dont frezz any more thank you TROOM yes ive tried res 2 eboot from pspiso.com theres the leon and clair disc eboots i downloaded leon disc but on the first level it stays on a black screen when u go into the police station the person who uploaded it i think hes redoing the eboot soon btw sorry 4 posting sites but he asked so i replied

fucht017
January 25th, 2007, 15:32
When i start up oeupdmaker it say's "cannot open file":confused: ..I put the oeupdmaker in my "GAME" directory...:confused:

spike_132000
January 25th, 2007, 15:33
Oh, what a shame..... I have loads of gamesaves... from 3.02OEB... Dammit!

emuking
January 25th, 2007, 15:33
awesome update though i to was hoping for disc swapping, how will i finish any rpg or mgs, cool update still :D

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 15:38
When i start up oeupdmaker it say's "cannot open file":confused: ..I put the oeupdmaker in my "GAME" directory...:confused: if your on 1.5 u put oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% in GAME but if your allready on custom firmware 3.03 OE B put them in GAME150 folder u need to get the 1.5 and 3.03 psp updates and rename them to 150.PBP and 303.PBP and put them in the oeupdmaker folder then run it from game it will create the DXAR file then u have to put the DXAR in the 303flasher folder not 303flasher% then put them both in GAME150 or GAME if your on 1.5 and the DXAR file will be in oeupdmaker once its created it

Apoklepz
January 25th, 2007, 15:40
awesome update though i to was hoping for disc swapping, how will i finish any rpg or mgs, cool update still :D

Look into CWcheat, my friend.

kensotiblash
January 25th, 2007, 15:42
is anyone is gettin this cause i'm having hard time fixing it. I got the 150.pbp and the 303.pbp but it'd not taking it. any answewrs? chat with me at MSN messager [email protected]. thanks!

arapozo
January 25th, 2007, 15:42
How does CWcheat allow you to play multi disc games?

kensotiblash
January 25th, 2007, 15:46
never mind i just need to read ALL of the forums. haha

fucht017
January 25th, 2007, 15:50
Thanks Logical i forgot about the 150.PBP and 303.PBP...Shame..Iforget so easy.

pt9087
very good, i like the idea of the -3 secs on boot

Apoklepz
How does CWcheat allow you to play multi disc games?

It has the ability to how should I put it?..."savestate" the moment you have to Swap discs via a .prx encription...You go back to the menu and load the second disc, activate the .prx savestate and walla.

My friend did it for me, that's how I beat Metal Gear Solid. I'll see if I can talk to him about this, later today.

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 15:53
Thanks Logical i forgot about the 150.PBP and 303.PBP...Shame..Iforget so easy. lol i know i remember last time i had to do this on another custom firmware its alot more fun doing this manually btw the xmb 333 cpu needs to be set from recovery mode under cpu set them both to 333 obviously after installing 3.03 SE C lol

Wysiwyg
January 25th, 2007, 16:04
This guy never sleeps. Haha sony, your behind once again!
.... right, where did that download link go....:D

S34MU5
January 25th, 2007, 16:05
man i like doing this stuff manually its alot more fun then using the noob easy install the noobs will have to wait lol this update is ok its good to read the size of the iso from game and u can delete them from game and the cpu on 333 in the xmb is better and booting psp is quiker the only prob is i was hoping the gta vcs iso will load without using devhook because it doesnt work from under game it only works on 2.71 SE C so i thought because this 3.03 OE C is C i thought gta vcs would work lol

Your name has "logical" in it.

Yet you talk no sense, cant spell, don't know how to use full stops and you call people noobs when you clearly are one

plasmaballs
January 25th, 2007, 16:07
Keep up the good work chief.

Dark_Alex is a GOD, three cheers as always

"hip hip..." etc.

gr42178
January 25th, 2007, 16:10
lol i know i remember last time i had to do this on another custom firmware its alot more fun doing this manually btw the xmb 333 cpu needs to be set from recovery mode under cpu set them both to 333 obviously after installing 3.03 SE C lol

Does it speed up the XMB a lot? Is the lag gone for icons to show up when your browsing through your games?

kelvinwu
January 25th, 2007, 16:19
Oh man ~! This is SOO COOL ~~~~

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 25th, 2007, 16:20
WE OWN SONY'S ASS!!!! go Dark_AleX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apoklepz
January 25th, 2007, 16:30
I just remembered those days I was waiting for loaders to enable higher firmware UMD's to play on 1.50...before Devhook even. Those days the PSP Hacking/Homebrew scene used to be 5 steps behind...Today, we just went 10 Leaps over SONY!

Thanks again Dark Alex! You are truly the reason why I still play games on my PSP.

gr42178
January 25th, 2007, 16:45
I just remembered those days I was waiting for loaders to enable higher firmware UMD's to play on 1.50...before Devhook even. Those days the PSP Hacking/Homebrew scene used to be 5 steps behind...Today, we just went 10 Leaps over SONY!

Thanks again Dark Alex! You are truly the reason why I still play games on my PSP.

Yea Its unbelieveable how far the scene has come. I have been following since before the 2.0 tif exploit and its been so unreal the things these guys are doing, they must be geniuses!!!!:D

stimo
January 25th, 2007, 16:48
yeeey Dark Alex´is pooowning sony

Zocker
January 25th, 2007, 16:53
This is an Easy Installer !

DOWNLOAD (http://www.file-upload.net/member/download-1554/easy_installer-__dark_alex_cfw_3.03_oe-c__-_by_zocker.zip.html)

IMPORTANT: This is a update of your own risk, i can't say that this is safely cause it writing on the flash so.

But i done many easy installer before, so it is much more safely

Apoklepz
January 25th, 2007, 17:00
I'd be a "zocker" to download that thing.

gr42178
January 25th, 2007, 17:04
This is an Easy Installer !

DOWNLOAD (http://www.file-upload.net/member/download-1554/easy_installer-__dark_alex_cfw_3.03_oe-c__-_by_zocker.zip)

IMPORTANT: This is a update of your own risk, i can't say that this is safely cause it writing on the flash so.

But i done many easy installer before, so it is much more safely

The update is less than 1MB but this is 30 MB, whats up with that?

F9zDark
January 25th, 2007, 17:06
I'd be a "zocker" to download that thing.

Yeah... Bricks abound I feel.

So any news on compatibility? RE2 doesn't work right (freezes after entering the police station). I'd rip RE1 to play, but after the result with RE2, I kinda lost motivation.

Does anyone know if RE1 plays good enough to beat?

I went to that site and SpySweeper immediately displayed an alert saying that it had blocked communication from that site; I suggest anyone who clicked that link run a spy sweep on their systems.

gr42178
January 25th, 2007, 17:10
Yeah... Bricks abound I feel.

So any news on compatibility? RE2 doesn't work right (freezes after entering the police station). I'd rip RE1 to play, but after the result with RE2, I kinda lost motivation.

Does anyone know if RE1 plays good enough to beat?

I went to that site and SpySweeper immediately displayed an alert saying that it had blocked communication from that site; I suggest anyone who clicked that link run a spy sweep on their systems.
Luckily I am at work hahahaha, but thanks for the tip. I thought we didnt have idiots that did stupid sh*t like that here...

fabianvaz
January 25th, 2007, 17:12
i updated my 3 psp's already no bricks so far...:thumbup:

crypysmoker
January 25th, 2007, 17:13

the update portion might be that small, but after you do what you are sopposed to and make your own update witht he sony firmwares, it is much higher then the original file... but 30Mb is waaay to high

homemade
January 25th, 2007, 17:21

Yet you talk no sense, cant spell, don't know how to use full stops and you call people noobs when you clearly are one

From were i'm sitting looks like he CAN spell so i don't know why u messin with him, give the guy a break.

tsurumaru
January 25th, 2007, 17:22
How many times does this need to be said?

Popstation (by Dark AleX) converts your PSOne ISO's to a form compatible with POPS (The official SONY PSOne emulator for the PSP). If a game is not compatible or crashes when running on POPS then its likely that the emulator is currently incompatible.

SINCE THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SONY EMULATOR RUNNING YOUR PSONE GAMES, WE DO NOT HAVE THE SOURCE CODE AND CANNOT UPDATE/CHANGE IT IN ANY WAY.

Resident Evil 2 and 3 and any other games currently incompatible will remain so until SONY releases a new version of POPS which fixes this. So until then wait for the next Sony Firmware that has a more compatible version of POPS.

NovaKane
January 25th, 2007, 17:26
Hot damn, time to update again!

fucht017
January 25th, 2007, 17:31
You know what is so strange...ResidentE2 and 3 worked great in ver.3.02OEa or b i think...I did go in the policestation and saved it...But somehow when i reinstalled the game...Strange indeed:confused:

PSP 101
January 25th, 2007, 17:34
Great work Dark Alex!

Gabba Gandalf
January 25th, 2007, 17:35
wohooo the day comes
i can play my medal of honor umd in the wifi mode with full speed

NICE NICE NICE DAX :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 17:37

Yet you talk no sense, cant spell, don't know how to use full stops and you call people noobs when you clearly are one look man i dont care about spelling or full stops im lazy lol i was just helping ppl so get your finger out your ass n shut up man whats your prob? ****ing geek and im clearly a noob and how did u figure that one out?? ah! man its retards like u that need a good punch in the face why cuss me in a forum? when all im doing is helping ppl

Gabba Gandalf
January 25th, 2007, 17:40
can i update when i used the custom xmb menu ??

Gabba Gandalf
January 25th, 2007, 17:46
smooth brick ^^
no no just a joke

smooth upgrade thx dax :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

scottyboynow
January 25th, 2007, 17:46
OHHH.. yes, I saw 3.03OE-C in someones sig and was shouting out loud... YESSSS!!

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 17:47
if your on 1.5 u put oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% in GAME but if your allready on custom firmware 3.03 OE B put them in GAME150 folder u need to get the 1.5 and 3.03 psp updates and rename them to 150.PBP and 303.PBP and put them in the oeupdmaker folder then run it from game it will create the DXAR file then u have to put the DXAR in the 303flasher folder not 303flasher% then put them both in GAME150 or GAME if your on 1.5 and the DXAR file will be in oeupdmaker once its created it look does it really matter if theres any full stops in that or spelling? aslong as the person who wanted to know how can read it and understand whats the prob? u got me started now boy lol

tsurumaru
January 25th, 2007, 17:52
You know what is so strange...ResidentE2 and 3 worked great in ver.3.02OEa or b i think...I did go in the policestation and saved it...But somehow when i reinstalled the game...Strange indeed:confused:

I'm pretty sure that RE2 & 3 still crashed in the POPS version in 3.02.

POPS was updated in 3.03 but making it compatible with more games caused some others to develop problems (ie FFVII battle swirls) unfortunately this is often the case with emulators, fix one game break another. lol

Lets hope in 3.04 or 4.00 or whatever Sony's next firmware release is called POPS is updated again and we can decrypt the firmware to be able to use the new POPS on OE.

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 17:54
full stop oops did i 4get. lol

dejkirkby
January 25th, 2007, 17:56
and muppet if u go back a couple of threads your notice i mentioned that lol gta vcs doesnt work only through devhook

Quit being an ass.

johansjg
January 25th, 2007, 17:57
Will my old psx saves work after upgrading from 3.03 OE B to OE C??

carlitx
January 25th, 2007, 17:57
this is kool but now my halo unflashed cintor wont work :(

Yobumtin
January 25th, 2007, 17:59
Niiiceeee. :] I was wondering when the next one would be out. Good job. :thumbup: :cool:

starogre
January 25th, 2007, 18:01
Ya, i didn't brick as well.

Jeez lol I haven't used popstation till the first release, and now its totally different and confusing haha...oh well, my 4 gb stick is already full and i haven't beaten all the games on it yet.

just waiting for multidisc's that don't allow saving before disc removal to be released....and maybe save/load states! and (off topic) daedelus...but those are all emulators, not firmware hacks...oh well

kpaul_nyc
January 25th, 2007, 18:10
Are you sitting at the back of the class not paying attention again?

(Sorry couldn't resist it ;) :p )

"hoping the gta vcs iso will load without using devhook because it doesnt work from under game it only works on 2.71 SE C so i thought because this 3.03 OE C is C i thought gta vcs would work lol"

This guy says he isn't a n00b but is trying to run his ISO's from the game folder rather than from the X:\ISO folder and so he then uses Devhook to run it. Sounds like a n00bish error to me.....He means that he loads em from UNDER the game menu on the psp itself...

tsurumaru
January 25th, 2007, 18:11
Mc_Logical

With regards to your GTA VCS problems have you placed your ISO in a folder called ISO in the root of your memory stick? ISO's don't load from the Game directory as you seem to indicate you have been trying.
You should also note the the OE NoUMD mode doesn't work with many new games. Dark AleX has already commented that the currently implemented NoUMD mode is using too much memory and he would be looking into a new way to implement the feature in the future however it was not a simple fix and would take some time. Therefore you may need access the recovery menu and disable NoUMD mode and try loading the ISO with a UMD in the drive.

Good luck!

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 18:15

"hoping the gta vcs iso will load without using devhook because it doesnt work from under game it only works on 2.71 SE C so i thought because this 3.03 OE C is C i thought gta vcs would work lol"

This guy says he isn't a n00b but is trying to run his ISO's from the game folder rather than from the X:\ISO folder and so he then uses Devhook to run it. Sounds like a n00bish error to me.....WTF? no u idiot i know they go in the ISO folder i mean iso`s show up under game yeah! and what im saying is that the gta vcs iso doesnt work when u load it from under game i thought this update might get the iso to work i was just hoping and it only works on 2.71 SE C the gta vcs iso but i load it through devhook on 3.03 SE C so think b4 u call me a noob u have a wedge up your ass boy i bet u only can cuss ppl on the net so your the guy sat at the front of class as 4me the guy whos near back yep who can make your life hell lol i left school 4yrs ago

DarthPaul
January 25th, 2007, 18:21
Wtf!!!? Heck Yeah!!! I'm Back And This Is Out!!!

tsurumaru
January 25th, 2007, 18:22
He means that he loads em from UNDER the game menu on the psp itself...

Well its hard to understand exactly what he's trying to say, hence the importance of being able to communicate effectively (the very purpose of grammar).

Here's a very good example;

"and muppet if u go back a couple of threads your notice i mentioned that lol gta vcs doesnt work only through devhook"

"GTA doesn't work only through devhook"

= GTA works on everything except Devhook.

"GTA doesn't work, it only does through devhook"

= GTA only works through using Devhook.

So which is it, as from what has been written previously I had assumed it was the latter rather than the former?

Anyhow I don't want to this thread to turn into the Grammar Police or anything, just to show that writing in text speak can seriously limit your ability to communicate your point properly.

;)

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 18:25
Well its hard to understand exactly what he's trying to say, hence the importance of being able to communicate effectively (the very purpose of grammar).

Here's a very good example;

"and muppet if u go back a couple of threads your notice i mentioned that lol gta vcs doesnt work only through devhook"

"GTA doesn't work only through devhook"

= GTA works on everything except Devhook.

"GTA doesn't work, it only does through devhook"

= GTA only works through using Devhook.

So which is it, as from what has been written previously I had assumed it was the latter rather than the former?

Anyhow I don't want to this thread to turn into the Grammar Police or anything, just to show that writing in text speak can seriously limit your ability to communicate your point properly.

;) oh! 4 fuk sake man how pathetic can u ppl get seriously man i posted to help ppl and i know i spelt fuk wrong maybe because i wanted it to show havent u got anything better to do besides spotting my mistakes?? i only fukin posted 2 help ppl u seriously are pathetic

ICE
January 25th, 2007, 18:26
mc_logical needs to calm down. that guy was just trying to help and you blew up on him. anywho nice release and thank you very much DA.... whos not reading this....

-=me=-
January 25th, 2007, 18:26
gta works always, everywhere, every time.

its just the cheat device that only works in devhook (for me)

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 18:30
gta works always, everywhere, every time.

its just the cheat device that only works in devhook (for me)this forum is getting more and more interesting lol i have the settings in recovery mode under configuration all set right so iso`s work and gta vcs doesnt btw are u in america? because i have a brittish psp will that make any diff? lol i doubt it

MrMojo
January 25th, 2007, 18:31
look man i dont care about spelling or full stops im lazy lol i was just helping ppl so get your finger out your ass n shut up man whats your prob? ****ing geek and im clearly a noob and how did u figure that one out?? ah! man its retards like u that need a good punch in the face why cuss me in a forum? when all im doing is helping ppl

maybe because here we have also ppl (like me, 4 instance) who's native language is not English, and without punctuation your slang is not so easy to understand... especially in a straight-200-chars-sentence :mad: . Hey, man, he was just sick (as I am) of seing ppl here not even able to correctly write in their own language:(

OK, stop the flame here, stay friends :)

Cheers, A.

tsurumaru
January 25th, 2007, 18:33
WTF? no u idiot i know they go in the ISO folder i mean iso`s show up under game yeah! and what im saying is that the gta vcs iso doesnt work when u load it from under game i thought this update might get the iso to work i was just hoping and it only works on 2.71 SE C the gta vcs iso but i load it through devhook on 3.03 SE C so think b4 u call me a noob u have a wedge up your ass boy i bet u only can cuss ppl on the net so your the guy sat at the front of class as 4me the guy whos near back yep who can make your life hell lol i left school 4yrs ago

Please see my above post, you still haven't said whether this is problem with NoUMD compatibility or whether you are unable to load the ISO at all.
Actually, I was trying to help you out as if you aren't able to load the ISO at all there shouldn't be a problem ordinarily as far as I am aware.

Oh yeah and the "back of the lesson" comment was a joke directed at Homemade not you. Nice of you to actually read what I had written. :rolleyes:

Anyway I hope you are able to fix your problem. I have read somewhere that someone with a similar problem was able to fix it by downgrading to 1.5 and then back up to 3.03. OE

carlitx
January 25th, 2007, 18:34
WTF? no u idiot i know they go in the ISO folder i mean iso`s show up under game yeah! and what im saying is that the gta vcs iso doesnt work when u load it from under game i thought this update might get the iso to work i was just hoping and it only works on 2.71 SE C the gta vcs iso but i load it through devhook on 3.03 SE C so think b4 u call me a noob u have a wedge up your ass boy i bet u only can cuss ppl on the net so your the guy sat at the front of class as 4me the guy whos near back yep who can make your life hell lol i left school 4yrs ago

dude quit politly **** off sayin shit he sayed it was a noob mistake cause u said it was in the game fiolder not in the game directory of you xmb menue so maby you should smarten up! o and btw Aruguing on the net is like the special olypmics. no matter if you win or lose your still a retard so **** off saying shit and arguing with people!

titch.ryan
January 25th, 2007, 18:34
wow this just gets better
well done DA keep up the amazing work

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 18:35
maybe because here we have also ppl (like me, 4 instance) who's native language is not English, and without punctuation your slang is not so easy to understand... especially in a straight-200-chars-sentence :mad: . Hey, man, he was just sick (as I am) of seing ppl here not even able to correctly write in their own language:(

OK, stop the flame here, stay friends :)

Cheers, A.ok respect on that man i just got pissed because all i was trying to do is help ppl and ppl who cuss me are stupid. <--- woooo! i used a full stop yay! im getting there lol sarcasm

x-zero
January 25th, 2007, 18:42
Dark AleX thanks again for this wonderfull released.I going too try all of my none working games thanks again.

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 18:42
Please see my above post, you still haven't said whether this is problem with NoUMD compatibility or whether you are unable to load the ISO at all.
Actually, I was trying to help you out as if you aren't able to load the ISO at all there shouldn't be a problem ordinarily as far as I am aware.

Oh yeah and the "back of the lesson" comment was a joke directed at Homemade not you. Nice of you to actually read what I had written. :rolleyes:

Anyway I hope you are able to fix your problem. I have read somewhere that someone with a similar problem was able to fix it by downgrading to 1.5 and then back up to 3.03. OEnope dude i tried that b4 going back to 1.5 by getting the 1.5 update and rename the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and put that in the RECOVERY folder in GAME then run it from recovery mode, i went back to 1.5 then installed 3.03 OE again and the gta vcs iso doesnt work it just hangs on a black screen and btw i figured that out myself testing the 1.5 eboot back on 2.71 SE so am i really that noobish?? lol

ICE
January 25th, 2007, 18:45
Aruguing on the net is like the special olypmics. no matter if you win or lose your still a retard.

hahaha rofl thats terrible but still funny hahaha

im using that in my sig.

tsurumaru
January 25th, 2007, 18:51
nope dude i tried that b4 going back to 1.5 by getting the 1.5 update and rename the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and put that in the RECOVERY folder in GAME then run it from recovery mode, i went back to 1.5 then installed 3.03 OE again and the gta vcs iso doesnt work it just hangs on a black screen and btw i figured that out myself testing the 1.5 eboot back on 2.71 SE so am i really that noobish?? lol

OK so its not a problem with OE so it could be your ISO. Did you rip it yourself and what size is it? If its had data ripped out to reduce its size that may be causing the problems with OE.

F9zDark
January 25th, 2007, 18:54
How many times does this need to be said?

Popstation (by Dark AleX) converts your PSOne ISO's to a form compatible with POPS (The official SONY PSOne emulator for the PSP). If a game is not compatible or crashes when running on POPS then its likely that the emulator is currently incompatible.

SINCE THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SONY EMULATOR RUNNING YOUR PSONE GAMES, WE DO NOT HAVE THE SOURCE CODE AND CANNOT UPDATE/CHANGE IT IN ANY WAY.

Resident Evil 2 and 3 and any other games currently incompatible will remain so until SONY releases a new version of POPS which fixes this. So until then wait for the next Sony Firmware that has a more compatible version of POPS.

Actually you are wrong; the PRXs (which contains the PS Emulator) can be decrypted and rewritten... No need for source...

If this WAS the case with PRXs, there would be NO custom firmware.

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 18:56
OK so its not a problem with OE so it could be your ISO. Did you rip it yourself and what size is it? If its had data ripped out to reduce its size that may be causing the problems with OE. i have a ripped version all the radio stations are gone its about 680mb the iso and my lil bro has the umd and ive dumped the whole game into an iso which is full and it still didnt load it only works through devhook

homemade
January 25th, 2007, 18:57

This guy says he isn't a n00b but is trying to run his ISO's from the game folder rather than from the X:\ISO folder and so he then uses Devhook to run it. Sounds like a n00bish error to me.....

Lol i'm not saying he isn't a noob, all i was saying was it seems like he can spell.

dejkirkby
January 25th, 2007, 18:59
Mc_Logical, read your PM's.

gr42178
January 25th, 2007, 19:00
Too much Iso talk here, do that in a PM so you dont piss the mods off :p

I am surprised they havent said anything yet....

Pedal Bike Pete
January 25th, 2007, 19:01
legend.... total legend... thnks

tsurumaru
January 25th, 2007, 19:02
Actually you are wrong; the PRXs (which contains the PS Emulator) can be decrypted and rewritten... No need for source...

If this WAS the case with PRXs, there would be NO custom firmware.

I stand corrected then. If you can decrypt and rewrite POPS then why hasn't this already been done? I would have thought I would have seen somewhere that someone was taking this on. Is it to do with the legal implications of rewriting the SONY code or is it to do with the complexity of the reverse engineering involved?
Also if as presumed POPS is an implementation of the Connectix PSOne emulator is there the possibility of a future version non official version with greater compatibility?

F9zDark
January 25th, 2007, 19:09
I was kinda hoping it would have been fixed by now, since I feel that getting POPs working completely is better than AVC movies at full res.

Unless there are other roadblocks in the way preventing DA from fixing these things.

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 19:10
Mc_Logical, read your PM's. thx i did try that use no umd - disabled ive tried it enabled and disabled and it still doesnt work oh! well and on advanced settings plain modules in umd iso enabled yep use no isofs driver etc - enabled and disabled still doesnt work fuk this im out of this forum it clearly shows by ppls ammount of posts they do they must come to this site most damn nights and have no life lol peace

Shrygue
January 25th, 2007, 19:12
Ah good... an update to Dark_Alex's custom firmware 3.03 OE. I'll get this now....

jim80b
January 25th, 2007, 19:13
can anyone confirm the gameboot redirect to MS works?

Mr. Shizzy
January 25th, 2007, 19:32
People: Let's stop with the nonsense. STAY ON TOPIC. This thread is about DarK_Alex's 3.03 OE custom firmware. And nothing else...

Anyway, Once again, much thanks to DarK_AleX. The scene owes him everything at this point.

NightRaven
January 25th, 2007, 19:54
Thanks much for the updates Dark_AleX! People will be singing praises and saying your name for a long time to come!

Im now fully updated to OE-C :p

krazyx86
January 25th, 2007, 20:06
Sorry to be a noob, but how do I install this? I'm runnin 3.03 OE-B, and I can read instrustions correctly, but I can't seem to find 303.pbp. Other then that I think I'm doing everything ok, so if anyone can help, twould be appreciated! :p

Shrygue
January 25th, 2007, 20:08
You have to get the official 3.03 update which you rename to 303.PBP from EBOOT.PBP. You can that here (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/958).

krazyx86
January 25th, 2007, 20:10
I kinda figured it was something simple like that, but I had to be sure.. Thanks YKB.

Shrygue
January 25th, 2007, 20:15
No problem. :)

krazyx86
January 25th, 2007, 20:27
One more dumb question.. How exactly do I get my PSP to run at 333? I saw somewhere in this thread that you need to be in recovery mode? WTF is a recovery mode!? :p I'm completly new to the DA FW updates, since I came straight from a 1.5 PSP.

MrMojo
January 25th, 2007, 20:30
Mc_Logical, you may want to read your PM again, I just posted over. HTH

Shrygue
January 25th, 2007, 20:31
One more dumb question.. How exactly do I get my PSP to run at 333? I saw somewhere in this thread that you need to be in recovery mode? WTF is a recovery mode!? :p I'm completly new to the DA FW updates, since I came straight from a 1.5 PSP.

In the recovery mode, select the CPU speed option and chose whitch speed you want.

krazyx86
January 25th, 2007, 20:31
In the recovery mode, select the CPU speed option and chose whitch speed you want.

How do I get to the recovery mode?

Shrygue
January 25th, 2007, 20:35
To access the recovery mode, hold the R sholder button as you turn on your PSP.

tophead420
January 25th, 2007, 20:35
nice I just downgraded a friends 2.6 last night, Then upped it to 3.03 OE-B. Looks like imma have to tell him to stop by the house so i can up it to OE-C lol. Well thanks alot Dark Alex you are great a what you do man keep it up i hope to see more custom firmware. now im off to up my psp

krazyx86
January 25th, 2007, 20:36
TY again sir, you have been very helpful.

MrMojo
January 25th, 2007, 20:37
How do I get to the recovery mode?

1. completely shut the PSP off, by holding the power switch UP for more than 5 seconds
2. press the R button (and keep it pressed) while switching the PSP back on

you should enter the recovery menu within 3/4 seconds. Unless you are on an original firmware... this only applies to custom ones...

HTH

krazyx86
January 25th, 2007, 20:44
Woo, it worked, thanks again. So does setting it to 333 in the XMB speed up anything other then the XMB? Such as hombrew and the like?

Shrygue
January 25th, 2007, 20:49
As far as I know, it speeds up the loading of UMD games. Not too sure about homebrew applications on the memory card. By the way, CPU speed in the XMB stays at 222mHz.

krazyx86
January 25th, 2007, 20:51
So setting ti to 333 doesn't actually change it?

Shrygue
January 25th, 2007, 20:56
Not in the XMB. I think the reason is if you tried to use the Wi-Fi feature there, it wouldn't work. It has effect playing UMD titles. Again, I'm not sure about homebrew programs on the memory stick but it could work on those.

acn010
January 25th, 2007, 21:01
wtf! already!
i havent even tried OEB! lol
thanks

tophead420
January 25th, 2007, 21:01
has anyone tryed the usb flash out yet i wanna know how it works im still makeing my oe-c update, o nvm it just finished so imma flash this real fast but ye id like to know how good it works

Mc_Logical
January 25th, 2007, 21:12
Woo, it worked, thanks again. So does setting it to 333 in the XMB speed up anything other then the XMB? Such as hombrew and the like?theres now two cpu settings, one for psp iso`s and the other for xmb not for homebrew etc and btw browse through your settings in recovery mode
configuration -->
Skip SCE logo (currently : Enabled if u want lol

Hide corrupt icons : Enabled so w/e folders u put in GAME150 the corrupt ones wont show up

Game folder homebrew 1.50 kernal)

Use no umd disabled) the rest u can see what they do

back

Advanced --> Advanced configuration

plain modules in umd/iso enabled

the others disabled

i was bored of tv i felt like forum browsing lol

Baboon
January 25th, 2007, 21:15
I just did a sucessful update! :)

I'm chuffed cause my prince of persia blood splat still works with Gameboot Redirector v1.0. :)

mikebeaver
January 25th, 2007, 21:16
This is sweet, i upgraded to this earlier, have just been playing around with some of the new features, thanks DA, Mathieulh, harley G and the rest of the guys who work and test this out, keep up the good work :)

Shrygue
January 25th, 2007, 21:16
theres now two cpu settings, one for psp iso`s and the other for xmb not for homebrew etc and btw browse through your settings in recovery mode
configuration -->
Skip SCE logo (currently : Enabled if u want lol

Hide corrupt icons : Enabled so w/e folders u put in GAME150 the corrupt ones wont show up

Game folder homebrew 1.50 kernal)

Use no umd disabled) the rest u can see what they do

back

Advanced --> Advanced configuration

plain modules in umd/iso enabled

the others disabled

i was bored of tv i felt like forum browsing lol

Mc_logical, note this if you didn't know: PSP ISO talk is not allowed as it's aginst the forum rules.

SnoopKatt
January 25th, 2007, 21:21
Very nice, full speed wifi :D

baracki96
January 25th, 2007, 21:34
Allright right, just got home and this is what I find:eek: Once again DA has impressed with an excellent update to the OE firmware. SONY need note the fine details of the work of art that is 3.03oe-c.

Accordion
January 25th, 2007, 21:36
dont know if anyone has noticed, but WPA wi-fi protection now works fully

it took me 3 tries to connect first go... but now it works all the time

thankyou DA !!!!!!

imagecko
January 25th, 2007, 21:39
WOW THAT WAS FAST

Love the custom firmwares

all i want now is a save state saver in pops and that would pretty cooll

DarthPaul
January 25th, 2007, 21:52
Oh God!! I just installed it and noticed all the new features! this rocks! now let's wait for the new X-Flash.

F9zDark
January 25th, 2007, 21:58
333mhz in XMB seems to increase the overall speed of Remote Play and some intensive visualizers when watching music; haven't tried with homebrew.

Didn't notice a difference with MGS:PO (which has barely any load times as it is...)

blackrave
January 25th, 2007, 21:58
Boot speed is much, much faster. So are games using 333 MHz and even with WiFi.

This is another superb release from DAX. He's a genius.

Veskgar
January 25th, 2007, 22:05
Just successfully upgraded. The whole process was quick and easy. I don't get why there are so many easy installers. Its more fun to manually do it.

Yet again, I am very impressed. You constantly think things can't possibly get much better but yet we are continually surprised by the excellent work of Dark_AleX and the rest of the dax.lan team!

PSP homebrew has never been better!

Tetris999
January 25th, 2007, 22:16
If you need help ask me im also on msn sometimes so add me if you want 2

i help everybody and ive been doing that for a long time, just pm me and ill get you as fast as i can

jason_ford
January 25th, 2007, 22:22
Thanks! DA is my hero..

firedragon_jing
January 25th, 2007, 22:43
The update is good, but I don't see much of a real reason to jump on the update. The speed increase is nice, and maybe I don't fully understand the new POPStation improvements, but other than those, there is nothing truly huge about this update. Sure there is direct Flash USB connection, but this is more dangerous than anything, I rather use a program that is safer like X-Flash to do Flash writing.

The Other ones had much bigger advancements with the POPStation support and compression, but this one doesn't have a huge breakthrough...

3.02 OE-A - 3.02 hacked firmware with homebrew/ISO support, with POPStation protection removed
3.02 OE-B - hacked POPStation with ripped/converted game support
3.03 OE-A(') - latest 3.03 Sony firmware hacked with homebrew/ISO support, with compressed POPStation game support
3.03 OE-B - Full resolution AVC support
3.03 OE-C - you get the point

I just don't see this one comparing upto the other releases, and for it needing a full install instead of just an update is a little less inviting, because now I have to reapply all my cosmetic mods and yes it will be easier now with Flash USP support, but Flash writing can be dangerous, and direct writing has a greater increase of risk. And there is still no DAX support which I find kinda ironic...

Agree with me, disagree with me, hate me, I don't care. Just felt like getting this out there.

baracki96
January 25th, 2007, 22:51
The update is good, but I don't see much of a real reason to jump on the update. The speed increase is nice, and maybe I don't fully understand the new POPStation improvements, but other than those, there is nothing truly huge about this update. Sure there is direct Flash USB connection, but this is more dangerous than anything, I rather use a program that is safer like X-Flash to do Flash writing.

The Other ones had much bigger advancements with the POPStation support and compression, but this one doesn't have a huge breakthrough...

3.02 OE-A - 3.02 hacked firmware with homebrew/ISO support, with POPStation protection removed
3.02 OE-B - hacked POPStation with ripped/converted game support
3.03 OE-A(') - latest 3.03 Sony firmware hacked with homebrew/ISO support, with compressed POPStation game support
3.03 OE-B - Full resolution AVC support
3.03 OE-C - you get the point

I just don't see this one comparing upto the other releases, and for it needing a full install instead of just an update is a little less inviting, because now I have to reapply all my cosmetic mods and yes it will be easier now with Flash USP support, but Flash writing can be dangerous, and direct writing has a greater increase of risk. And there is still no DAX support which I find kinda ironic...

Agree with me, disagree with me, hate me, I don't care. Just felt like getting this out there.

You have officially been hated on.
.....J/k I completely agree with the usb/flash thing in that xflash is safer, but I you ever bricked your psp then I suppose it could do wonders.

sitexec
January 25th, 2007, 22:56
ohh you guys want to know how to disc swap? well in FF7 i was able to by doing this.....

PSX2PSP v.0.7.1 too change the game id. Very Simpel
Start Psx2psp -> Choose eboot.pbp from disk 2
Choose Output -> Press Convert
Done!
Copy over the old one and play like hell!!
Have fun

This works on Disc 2 -> Disc3 too

keys file didnt matter, i just copied the same key .bin file and the new eboot over and loaded my save at the end of disc 1, it worked again at the end of disc two, beat FF7 in ~35 hours =] mobile rpg is great =]

shadowprophet
January 25th, 2007, 23:25
Now autobooting homebrew like irshell doesnt work for me. Anyone else having this same problem with this update?

Kvonx
January 26th, 2007, 00:27
great idea even better work.........nice upgrade! :)

devdj
January 26th, 2007, 01:04
cool but i'd like to see an FLV player for the psp or be able to stream videos from youtube on psp

vision
January 26th, 2007, 01:06
Dude i can finnaly flash through pc, that's flippin rad lol

XxunknowxX
January 26th, 2007, 01:44
yes now i consider 3.03 OE the best firmware with me new 333mhz wifi fix i am makin all my psp OE thnx DAX

zoson
January 26th, 2007, 03:00
autoboot = broken
thanks for the update tho da!

shadowprophet
January 26th, 2007, 03:02
autoboot = broken
thanks for the update tho da!

For a little bit. I thought it was just a bad install on mine somehow. Im glad to see im not the only one with this problem. Im certain dark alex will have a fix for this in no time :thumbup:

baracki96
January 26th, 2007, 03:42
For a little bit. I thought it was just a bad install on mine somehow. Im glad to see im not the only one with this problem. Im certain dark alex will have a fix for this in no time :thumbup:
Yes, the lack of auto-boot function has set of an alarm in the psp homebrew community as it doesn't seem like something DA would miss. We are all human though and therefore make mistakes, and with all the features DA churns out it's amazing he has the ability to keep everything as functional as it is. heres to hope of OE-C2, but if not no one is complaining:cool:

krazyx86
January 26th, 2007, 04:10
To be honest, coming from a straight 1.5 PSP, to 3.03 OE-A was a HUGGGGEEE upgrade. Then shortly after, 3.03 OE-B came out, I upgraded, and again was impressed by the HUGGGGEEE updates. Then again, even shorter after that, 3.03 OE-C came out, and OMGWTFBBQ I'm still impressed.. If some people are complaining or "not impressed" or w/e, then it's simple, you're spoiled. Appreciate what DA has, and is continuing to do for the community. I know I do.

Jormugand
January 26th, 2007, 04:24
Question, im currently at 3.03 OE B Will my Save files be harmed in any which way?

F9zDark
January 26th, 2007, 04:54
So... Anyone else getting corrupt data when trying to play Resident Evil? MGS seems fine, but RE displays a corrupt icon on the XMB...

Whats the deal?

Edit: NVM got it...

The_It
January 26th, 2007, 05:22
if I have 3.03 oe-a, do I need to upgrade to oe-b before I can upgrade to oe-c?

NoQuarter
January 26th, 2007, 05:23
Nice work! I just upgraded my 1.5 to 3.03OE-B yesterday,guess it's time to do it again.

froggie22
January 26th, 2007, 05:28
i think ill wait till xflash is updated before i update..

Broadus
January 26th, 2007, 06:18
Who cares, Froggie?
Naw, I'm just messin', you're all right.

3.03 OE-C will no longer play my BOOT eboot (the thing that plays when the PSP starts up from a full shutdown).

Baboon
January 26th, 2007, 08:19
Question, im currently at 3.03 OE B Will my Save files be harmed in any which way?

Nope, no worries, everything will be ok. All my Save data (including my ps1 games) work just fine. :D

if I have 3.03 oe-a, do I need to upgrade to oe-b before I can upgrade to oe-c?

No You dont need to go to 303oeb first, you can upgrade straight from 303oea. :thumbup:

Uchiha Sasuke
January 26th, 2007, 09:01
Ahh, I'm sticking with 3.03a2 still. Can't be arsed to upgrade until a feature that I will use is released....like a way of drastically reducing PS1 game sizes without losing stuff like FMVs etc. Wonder if that's possible.....keep it up tho DA

azidahaka
January 26th, 2007, 09:27
Ahh, I'm sticking with 3.03a2 still. Can't be arsed to upgrade until a feature that I will use is released....like a way of drastically reducing PS1 game sizes without losing stuff like FMVs etc. Wonder if that's possible.....keep it up tho DA

so do i.... saga frontier seems works only in 3.02... and people that have updates said that the compatibility of psx games was lower.... so i'll be waiting for some time...

Uruz 6
January 26th, 2007, 09:52
Say guys, I'm currently on 3.02 OE - B, can I update directly to 3.03 OE - C? anything I need to do before?

razorak
January 26th, 2007, 09:56
just a question but by

* Added access to flash 0 and 1 via usb in the recovery menu, based on the great idea of USBSSS by Booster. Note that writing is enabled, so this is intended only for advanced users that know what they are doing in each moment.(It is not a great idea to change anything from the kd folder). Because of this addition, the rest of flashing options were removed.

Does this mean that we can 'unbrick' our psps via the PC if we have a custom firmware dump?

edit: And i'll ditto Uruz's question as well, it does after all say
Both, update maker and the flasher work in 1.50, 2.71 SE (whatever version), and 3.02/3.03 OE (whatever version) in the readme...hmmm i think it does mean that we can use it directly...

kiore
January 26th, 2007, 10:51
Awesome.

M Dash
January 26th, 2007, 13:10
Great News! :)

*updating*

woz77
January 26th, 2007, 13:26
DarkAlex continues to rock the pspworld! Thank you!

Cloudhunter
January 26th, 2007, 13:47
I'm sure the bug will be fixed by Dark_AleX, and CIntro will be supported by kando soon enough :) CIntro isn't worth downgrading for though.

Cloudy

MrMojo
January 26th, 2007, 13:48
Does this mean that we can 'unbrick' our psps via the PC if we have a custom firmware dump?

depends on the brick... as the usb module for letting u see the flash from a usb-remoted PC is something required to be running on the PSP; and if it is completely bricked (i.e. nothing can be read from the flash) you have no way to do anything... isn't it that obvious?

Cloudhunter
January 26th, 2007, 13:51
Well really:

If you have recovery mode, then you can unbrick, and pretty easily.

Cloudy

MrMojo
January 26th, 2007, 14:13
Well really:

If you have recovery mode, then you can unbrick, and pretty easily.

Cloudy

If it was a quote to mine, then the same applies: recovery mode _IS_ a program running on the PSP, read from the flash0 memory, so if you have it screwed up, you won't have any recovery as well...

Cheers, A.

spudhead2121
January 26th, 2007, 14:38
What app can I use on PPC Mac OS X to encode videos to the best quilaty for 303 OE C

MrMojo
January 26th, 2007, 14:48
What app can I use on PPC Mac OS X to encode videos to the best quilaty for 303 OE C

ffmpeg?

Gold Line
January 26th, 2007, 15:16
thats grrrrrrate upgrading now

gr42178
January 26th, 2007, 15:47
so do i.... saga frontier seems works only in 3.02... and people that have updates said that the compatibility of psx games was lower.... so i'll be waiting for some time...

You can run the 3.02 pops while using version 3.03. Just use the plugin from this thread:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49172

Uruz 6
January 26th, 2007, 16:10
I updated to 3.03 OE - C and everything works fine - still the Ir Shell 3.0 that I used with the autoboot in the 3.02 now stopped working (it still works well if I "manually" start it via the app menu), any ideas?

gr42178
January 26th, 2007, 16:21
I updated to 3.03 OE - C and everything works fine - still the Ir Shell 3.0 that I used with the autoboot in the 3.02 now stopped working (it still works well if I "manually" start it via the app menu), any ideas?

I heard the autoboot function is broken in this version, I am sure Dark Alex will fix it in a later version...

Uruz 6
January 26th, 2007, 16:37
Okay, thanks for the info.

darthhaze420
January 26th, 2007, 17:21
i dont think i will update from oe-b is it really worth it

gr42178
January 26th, 2007, 17:33
i dont think i will update from oe-b is it really worth it

I think its worth it for the boot up speed increase and the XMB speed increase.

cupid
January 26th, 2007, 19:01
Setting the Wallpaper without it going to a black screen when you switch the PSP has yet to be solved.

gr42178
January 26th, 2007, 19:45
Setting the Wallpaper without it going to a black screen when you switch the PSP has yet to be solved.

What do you mean by "when you switch the PSP"?

Shrygue
January 26th, 2007, 20:50
Maybe he ment "when you switch on the PSP"?

gr42178
January 26th, 2007, 20:53
Maybe he ment "when you switch on the PSP"?

Hmmmm I never had this problem....

Shrygue
January 26th, 2007, 20:59
Neither have I - but then again, I never really use custom wallpaper on my PSPs so I wouldn't know for sure. I'm just guessing, that's all.

spudhead2121
January 26th, 2007, 21:17
ffmpeg?

what setting should I set it to for best encode

muaythai kadena
January 27th, 2007, 01:40
hey does anyone know how to compress the psx iso's step by step? if so please email [email protected]

razorak
January 27th, 2007, 02:17
depends on the brick... as the usb module for letting u see the flash from a usb-remoted PC is something required to be running on the PSP; and if it is completely bricked (i.e. nothing can be read from the flash) you have no way to do anything... isn't it that obvious?

oops...my bad, i wasn't clear enough but from your reply i gather that if it is a partial brick and i still have access to recovery mode i would be able to use the simplest method of copy and paste to restore my psp if i happen to have my own dump on the PC?

hmong
January 27th, 2007, 02:58
Wassup! It's been a couple of weeks since I've been away from the PSP Scene because of school and PS3. This upgrade looks awesome.
I was wondering, Does it work the same as upgrading to 3.02oe-b? Example: Extract v1.5 & v3.03 and get DXAR or whatever, upgrade to 3.03oea,oe-b, and then oe-c or could i just skip a step?
Thanks for the help!
Peace!

Bigmill
January 27th, 2007, 11:48
I've got an original JAP 1.5. Can I go straight to 3.03 oe-c or do I have to start from 3.03 oe-a and work through?

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious.

Cloudhunter
January 27th, 2007, 11:55
@Bigmill: Straight to 3.03OE-C

@hmong: Just go straight to 3.03OE-C as it's a full upgrade.

Kramer
January 27th, 2007, 11:56
I've got an original JAP 1.5. Can I go straight to 3.03 oe-c or do I have to start from 3.03 oe-a and work through?

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious.

No you can go straight from 1.5 to 3.03 oe-c

nomi
January 27th, 2007, 13:59
This is good! KEEP IT UP DA!!!!

Poor-Kingz
January 27th, 2007, 20:52
WoW! my psp starts up fast and the web browser is now FASTER than my computer!

hmong
January 28th, 2007, 00:10
I forgot to ask, Is the recovery mode still the same as 3.02oe-b?

froggie22
January 28th, 2007, 12:52
how do u bypass the "must have 75% battery" screen. i remeber u pushd some buttons but i cant remeber what they were?

penileartery
January 29th, 2007, 01:13
sweet! sounds like this is way bettter now

cdrdj
January 29th, 2007, 01:41
how do u bypass the "must have 75% battery" screen. i remeber u pushd some buttons but i cant remeber what they were?

While the Flasher is booting, Hold L and Triangle.

supafreake
January 29th, 2007, 02:38
Relevant No More

blinkmancurt
January 29th, 2007, 05:30
has anyone noticed that it takes a LONG time (~10 mins) to update using the oeupdater?

my psp is stuck on the part with "extracting and packing 3.03 firmware" and the MS light flashing...

supafreake
January 29th, 2007, 05:43
@blinkmancurt: Maybe your 3.03 Eboot is bad?

@ Everybody: Okay I have further educated myself on this exploit (been outta the scene for a while),and I installed everything right, the system info says 3.03 OEc, most features work also...so its basically working as intended with one execption.

NONE of my apps are showing up in the games menu. The games are in PSP\GAME150 as instructed using the dual folder 1.5 format. I also have 1.5 kernel turned on in recovery mode. I have no idea why it is not working

sirVimes
January 29th, 2007, 07:04
I have A few questions 1 will I need A mod chip 2 how do I down grade from 2.6.0 to 1.5 3 how do i get and install 3.03oe-c

Justise
January 29th, 2007, 09:27
Yo!
I am a Noob in this mater and i whant to ask if I can play the recent PSP games whith DAXs firmware... Can I?

jim80b
January 29th, 2007, 11:05
@blinkmancurt: Maybe your 3.03 Eboot is bad?

@ Everybody: Okay I have further educated myself on this exploit (been outta the scene for a while),and I installed everything right, the system info says 3.03 OEc, most features work also...so its basically working as intended with one execption.

NONE of my apps are showing up in the games menu. The games are in PSP\GAME150 as instructed using the dual folder 1.5 format. I also have 1.5 kernel turned on in recovery mode. I have no idea why it is not working

try this,
create a GAME folder
doesnt need to have anything in it

try again...

SpooForBrains
January 29th, 2007, 12:36
I have A few questions 1 will I need A mod chip 2 how do I down grade from 2.6.0 to 1.5 3 how do i get and install 3.03oe-c

I'll answer this because of the quality Discworld reference :)

You don't need a modchip. Find the thread discussing the 3.03 Downgrader, and follow the instructions. It will show you how to downgrade your PSP to firmware version 1.5. Then you can install Dark_Alex's 3.03 OE-C custom firmware and get your homebrew on!

has anyone noticed that it takes a LONG time (~10 mins) to update using the oeupdater?

my psp is stuck on the part with "extracting and packing 3.03 firmware" and the MS light flashing...

I get that too. Apparently with some memory sticks it can take longer than with others. Mine can take up to 45 minutes, but I haven't had a problem yet, apart from the time it takes.

jurkevicz
January 29th, 2007, 15:12
Quick question! I know it is off-topic but has anyone tried that CDgens program (I got it from pspupdates) it is supposed to shrink the iso to a much smaller size, but in my case it makes it bigger. Has anyone had any success with this program? PSX isos that I own.

GoP-Demon
January 29th, 2007, 15:36
does anyone know why now that I have 3.03 oe I can't run Fastloader 0.7? The psp reads it as corrupt data.

Also my bleach game always stays at the loading screen when I run it -.-

Also anyone know where to put my videos?

Hiei311
February 4th, 2007, 15:30
how do i run homebrew on it?

Suba82
February 4th, 2007, 15:45
HEYYYY!!! This is so cool!!!!!!! I have 303 oec now and it so perfect.... wireless is awesome!!!
But..... I have a question.

How can I play with psx game? I have a EBOOT.PBP and a KEYS.BIN. Where do I put those two files? In which folder? Do I need an emulator homebrew or its in OEC already?

Thank u so much guys and thanx DAX!!!!!

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 15:48
Suba82, you put those two files in the EBOOT.PBP associating game folder, like SLUS 01541 or other. By the way, 3.10 OE-A is now available to download.

Suba82
February 4th, 2007, 15:55
Thanx for your help but I dont know where I can find the name of the folder cause the 2 files were in a normal folder. :( How can I discover the name of that folder? ANd then where I put it? In GAME? thanx!

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 15:57
What's the name of the PSX game?

Suba82
February 4th, 2007, 16:04
ridge racer 1 and rc helicopter

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 16:15
Right then, create a folder called SCUS94300 and put the Ridge Racer EBOOT in there. For RC Helicopter, make a folder named SLUS01376 and put that EBOOT in there. Add the KEYS.BIN file in each PSX game folder. Afterwards, put the folders in the PSP\GAME folder on your memory stick.

Suba82
February 4th, 2007, 16:21
wow thanx for searching the name of the folders... so
Ridge racer
psp\game\SCUS94300\ EBOOT.PBP (the ridge racer one)
psp\game\SCUS94300\ KEYS.BIN (the ridge racer one)
RCH
psp\game\SLUS01376\EBOOT.PBP (the rch one)
psp\games\SLUS01376\ KEYS.BIN (the rch one)

Is it correct? SOrry but my english is sooo bad

thanx a lot

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 16:27
That's correct.

Suba82
February 4th, 2007, 16:29
m8 u are so kind very helpfull thank you very much!cheers

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 16:31
Hey, no problem. :)

red_sox32
February 4th, 2007, 21:31
do i need to unflash or uninstall devhook before updating?

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 21:37
I would say it's safer to unflash any Device Hook files before moving on up to the custom firmware, just in case brickage occurs while updating.

sillypig
February 4th, 2007, 21:43
hi I've just managed to downgrade to 1.5 from 2.81 using GTA.

I've downloaded Dark Alex's 3.03 oec onto my pc
here are the instructions

"The instructions are as always:

- Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are in
2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE. Copy also the 1.50 and 3.03 updaters with the names 150.PBP and 303.PBP."

The thing is I can't find the the last part where I need to copy 1.50 and 3.03 updaters 150.pbp and 303 pbp? They are not there.

Thanks for the help.

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 21:49
You have to get the 1.50 and 3.03 updaters yourself, whitch you can both find right HERE (http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/36).

sillypig
February 4th, 2007, 21:52
thank you very much silly me.

Shrygue
February 4th, 2007, 22:02
Hey, no problem at all. :)

WastingTheDawn
February 4th, 2007, 22:57
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

I found this early today i'm gonna give it a shot i will post again when i'm done

Update...

Worked fine now at 303

DOes anyone know how to customize the font for 303

Diplomat223
February 5th, 2007, 02:49
THis looks nice.

Can I upgrade it with my PSP. It's a 1.5 FW that used to be TA-082 and has .46 Devhook.

red_sox32
February 5th, 2007, 20:39
@ wasting thedawn, used it and it was a success. now 3.03 oe-c. I advise using that easy installer unless you like doing it manuelly.

and @ diplo, waht do you mean used to be ta-082?

sillypig
February 5th, 2007, 21:26
I've just updated to 3.03 oe-c and I want to know if I can erare the oeupdmakers and 303oe flasher files in my psp game folder

Also do I put ISO's in the memory cards ROOT?

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 21:31
sillypig, you can not discuss about ISOs or CSOs as it's against the forum rules. Don't run the risk of getting banned.

As for the setup maker and flasher folders, you can delete them if you have already upgraded to version 3.03 OE-C.

sillypig
February 5th, 2007, 21:32
sorry didn't know but can I delete the oeupdmaker and 303oeflasher files on my psp?

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 21:36
If you have 3.03 OE-C now, you can delete the oeupdmaker and 303oeflasher folders to free up memory stick space.

sillypig
February 5th, 2007, 21:38
thank you

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 21:42
Your welcome. :)

Apoklepz
February 5th, 2007, 22:53
Anybody having WiFi problems with Metal Gear Portabler Ops? I can't join any hosted battles or even Create them....never again!!!!! Since I upgraded from 3.02 OE-B.

I really need help...I can't even play online anymore and this is pissing me off. Ikeep getting this error:

80410702....could not create game.

and later when I try again this one shows up, over and over:

An internal error has occurred.(80410B02)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've already flashed back to SONY 1.50 and re-updated to 3.03 OE-C and the prblem persists.

Just so you guys know, I tried scanning to find new recruits and it works just fine...the PSP's internet browser works fine, too....I'm really clueless and dumbfounded here as to what has happened.

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 23:04
Did you change your CPU speed in the recovery menu?

Apoklepz
February 5th, 2007, 23:09
That's the thing...all settings are default!
No hiding Icons, No overclocking...Nothing!...and it's giving me those stupid errors.

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 23:11
I frankly can't see how this could happen. :confused:

Apoklepz
February 5th, 2007, 23:15
Yep...I'm bedazzled as well. Everything WiFi is supposed to work with this update, huh?

Do you own the game? Haven't you had these problems?

I think I might just try reflashing to 1.50 once again and back, and pray to the lord to make it work...altough it might not happen.

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 23:24
I don't have the game but someone else I know has this similar problem (he's on custom firmware 3.03 OE-C). We both have the game Coded Arms. I can run it with the Wi-Fi multiplayer, but not him - very strange.

Apoklepz
February 5th, 2007, 23:29
Ok, I'm gonna run recovery to 1.50 SONY right now and back to 3.03 OE-C I'll post right here when I'm done.

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 23:30
Okay then, good luck and make sure you reset to the default settings when you get to 3.03 OE-C.

Apoklepz
February 5th, 2007, 23:39
Will do...is there any way to bypass the 75% Battery check on the recovery, like if you press L+triangle when updating custom firmwares? My PSP is at 54% right now.

Oh well...I guess I'll go eat and get back to it.

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 23:46
Not as far as I know. You could try and see if the L + triangle button trick works. If it doesn't, you'll just have to charge up your battery first before downgrading.

Apoklepz
February 6th, 2007, 00:24
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Problem persists...I am so ****ing angry right now.
I think I'm never gonna flash my PSP again.

There goes MGS online and many hours of fun. SHit

--- EDIT---

Well, it seems I can still play Online without a problem, but I can't go head to head Adhoc with my buddy. So the WiFi problem is with the Adhoc...and yeah, we tried using all different channels available in the Network Settings last night and nothing ever changed on my PSP.

If my friend tries to host a deadmatch on his PSP, his game will start and have Snake running around with nobody else there to battle...what we call "Wait Mode". My PSP can't even get to that point.

Today I had the brilliant idea of maybe borrowing his copy of the game to see if the problem lies in my UMD...after all it was a pre-order & I've had problems with pre-ordered games once already.(can't believe I didn't think about this last night)

I can't think of anything to do. Suggestions?

sillypig
February 7th, 2007, 06:50
Sorry for being an idiot I have 3.03 oe-c but I don't see how and where to play soul blade which is on my mem stick.

Diplomat223
February 7th, 2007, 22:19
What I mean is

I bought a TA-082 PSP with 2.71 Firmware.
Then I Downgraded to 1.5 Firmware. Does this mean it's still a TA-082?

Then I installed .46 Devhook for 2.71 emulation. It's nice, but I want to upgrade to this custom firmware and I don't know how.

I need to know how to properly get rid of Devhook without bricking my PSP. Then im going to get the custom firmware.

Help would be appreciated.

Shrygue
February 7th, 2007, 22:38
Diplomat223, you PSP still is a TA-082 wheather it's been downgraded or not.

To upgrade to the custom firmware, just read the instructions in the readme document supplied in the zip package.

For removing Device Hook, just remove the files from your memory stick. If you flashed Devhook files to flash0, they should be removed first before upgrading to the custom firmware to avoid any chances of bricking.

LAMPRO
February 9th, 2007, 06:46
:confused: sorry for dp. wrong thread.

I just made the leap to 303oec.:cool:

Can someone help me out with the GAME, GAME150, and GAME 303 folders - in 3.03OE-C - pleze?

On the 1.50, they all worked great, I hid icons and organized using pspsort - over 20 homebrew items. all butter.

When I put some in the GAME150 folder on the 303oec, some wont work, some show currupt icons even after changing the folder names, and some are perfect. I set them all up like XYZZ_ and XYZZ_%.

Ive been to BOOT holding R and enabled hide corrupt icons, and even toggled 303kernal and 150 kernal, but i dont know which will make it work.. they didnt change when i toggled.

i wish i could use pspsort and make it work again, put it all in order and hide the corrupts.. how do i do?

anyone with some tips for homebrew for CF?? D_A?

Diplomat223
February 9th, 2007, 22:10
Diplomat223, you PSP still is a TA-082 wheather it's been downgraded or not.

To upgrade to the custom firmware, just read the instructions in the readme document supplied in the zip package.

For removing Device Hook, just remove the files from your memory stick. If you flashed Devhook files to flash0, they should be removed first before upgrading to the custom firmware to avoid any chances of bricking.

Thank you. Today im going to try to upgrade to 3.03 OE-C or get .50 Devhook, but I got some more questions.

- Can I still run homebrew on Custom Firmware (Ex: SNES Emulator, DOOM, MArio?)
-Which one is better, Devhook .50 or custom firmware?

blaz3d
February 9th, 2007, 22:19
diplomat custom firmwares are the way forward, all the features of 1.50 mixed with all the features of 3.xx like the hacked ps1 emulator (which devhook doesnt have) and running up-to-date UMD's

remember though the latest firmware by DAX is 3.10oe.

so no more questions:p, install it, love it

Diplomat223
February 9th, 2007, 22:44
diplomat custom firmwares are the way forward, all the features of 1.50 mixed with all the features of 3.xx like the hacked ps1 emulator (which devhook doesnt have) and running up-to-date UMD's

remember though the latest firmware by DAX is 3.10oe.

so no more questions:p, install it, love it

I wish I can but I have a few more questions.

Can I do this all in a TA-082 PSP?
WHen I delete Devhook, do I do it through my PSP? (Game/memorystick/Devhook Emulator/Delete) Or my Computer?

Im sorry if I seem annoying some some of you vetrans, but I just want to play it safe and get the firmware.

blaz3d
February 9th, 2007, 23:00
although TA-082 has some storage ID's that block using the lower firmwares, once downgraded upgrading to custom FW is fine!

delete the DH folder in root of memory stick from comp and delete the 2 devhook folders in psp/game

once upgraded to 3.10oe i'd format your memory stick from your psp, because that puts all the folders you need in the right place

Diplomat223
February 9th, 2007, 23:10
although TA-082 has some storage ID's that block using the lower firmwares, once downgraded upgrading to custom FW is fine!

delete the DH folder in root of memory stick from comp and delete the 2 devhook folders in psp/game

once upgraded to 3.10oe i'd format your memory stick from your psp, because that puts all the folders you need in the right place

Alright, but your saying I can never return to 1.5 without Downgrading because I have TA-082?

BTW, im going to start the upgrade now. Thank you, seriously:D

blaz3d
February 9th, 2007, 23:24
if you ever want to return to 1.50 i'd recomend using one of dax's downgraders to return to the firmware you had before you downgraded to 1.50 just to be safe.

np for the help always happy, just dont rush anything and dont brick your psp man!

xxcolbyxx
February 10th, 2007, 09:12
I have some playing issues with some of my PS1 games: FF 8 and Chrono Cross.

In FF8, it sometimes freezes whenever i get into boss fights. Does anyone else have this problem?

In Chrono Cross, sometimes during menu selections or enter/leaving towns, the screen goes completely black and i can no longer play it, forcing me to restart.

Does anyone else have these problems with these two games? Should i install the new 3.10 oe?

froggie22
February 10th, 2007, 09:20
i have 3.03 OE-C and my psx games work fine but any homebrew i try and run it just plays the gameboot and then freezes on me and turns off.. its al in the 150game folder. i have been using this since it came out and it has worked all the time but it just randomly happend today.. i tried reflashing OE-C but it still has the same problem.. i dont wanna upgrade to 3.10 OE yet till the topmenu is fixed so i can use my icons. any idea on whats happening with it??

EDIT: all fixed now. when it wouldnt work i continuously checked to see if any plugins were turned on but it kept saying that they were all disabled and i checked other settings. after formatting the memory stick and putting things back on, reflashing a few times, restoring defalt settings a few times i was really pissd off so i just put it on charge and left it for the day. i came back to it later to try. still didnt work, checked the plugins again and it said my screen capture plugin was still enabled =S (which it said was disabled before). i turned it off and everything worked fine

monkvash
February 10th, 2007, 17:42
ok um im upgrading my second psp 2 3.03 oec from 1.5 and it is taking forever at the extracting and packing 3.03 firmware step i mean like atleast a hour so far ne ideas why?

Shrygue
February 10th, 2007, 19:47
Maybe you have a dodgy memory stick whitch results in slower data writing speeds? I once had a rubbish 32MB one and it took absolute ages to generate the DATA.DXAR file (and I eventually binned it seeing it wasn't very good).

spanishnugz
February 10th, 2007, 20:44
How do I got from a TA-082 3.02 OE-B to a TA-082 3.03 OE-C?

Shrygue
February 10th, 2007, 20:55
Spanishnugz, you can upgrade straight to 3.03 OE-C from 3.02 OE-B. Just download the custom firmware package from the very first post (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50596) of this thread and make you read the readme document contained in the zip archive.

Diplomat223
February 10th, 2007, 22:27
if you ever want to return to 1.50 i'd recomend using one of dax's downgraders to return to the firmware you had before you downgraded to 1.50 just to be safe.

np for the help always happy, just dont rush anything and dont brick your psp man!

GOOD NEWS!
I successfully upgraded...

BAD NEWS...
To 3.10 OE-A....
There is no Popstation....
How do I get it?

Shrygue
February 10th, 2007, 22:37
Diplomat223, if popstation isn't included in the 3.10 OE-A package, get it from the 3.03 OE-C one right HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50596).

Diplomat223
February 10th, 2007, 23:03
Diplomat223, if popstation isn't included in the 3.10 OE-A package, get it from the 3.03 OE-C one right HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50596).

I see, is there a guide out there to install and use it properly. Im going to google it right now, but I just want to be sure.

Sorry for the numerous questions.

tsortore
February 11th, 2007, 04:54
alright so i updated and now im at 3.11..what the hell should i do to revert.. i heard of a 3.11 firmware dumper. would that take it off..

also do i have to go all the way back to 1.5 then all the way back up to 3.1 oe c

thanks

also, if i have the writing on my motherboard on the top right of it when i open my UMD slot, does that mean i can downgrade or can't?