PDA

View Full Version : Cop on duty gets caught playing PSP

wraggster
January 25th, 2007, 23:28
via psphome (http://www.psphome.com/forum/latest-psp-news/695-cop-duty-gets-caught-playing-psp.html)

The officer and his colleague were so engrossed in their PSP footie game they did not notice when a passer-by took this photo.

PC on his PSP ... cop playing footie game

They were supposed to be guarding a wall in danger of collapsing in Chingford, East London, during last week’s gales.
Thirteen people were killed by storms nationwide — including a two-year-old crushed by a falling wall in North London.
A builder took the snap of the cops. He said: “They were oblivious to everything else.”

The Metropolitan Police said: “The use of the games console was inappropriate and unprofessional. Senior officers are dealing with the matter.”

Screenshot Via Comments

acn010
January 25th, 2007, 23:35
so?
they were having fun lol
but yeah, everything has its schedule,

g00gy
January 25th, 2007, 23:43
i dont see whats wrong with two policemen enjoying some psp time :D they were probably just taking a little break

Inuyasha_989
January 25th, 2007, 23:46
Heh, I say good for them. PSP should be fun for everyone :P Even Cops on duty, LOL

buildit92
January 25th, 2007, 23:51
I wonder if he was playing Grand Thieft Auto. That would be mad cool. If only we could see what game he was playing.

orochi-x
January 25th, 2007, 23:59
It's not as if they were in the middle of dealing with an armed robbery or anything.

More bad press for videogames :mad:

Basil Zero
January 26th, 2007, 00:05
lol

its shows u psp is addictable

carlitx
January 26th, 2007, 00:27
lol dim wits haha

Mc_Logical
January 26th, 2007, 00:34
hmmm! just goes to show uh! its ok for the pigs (i mean the police) to break rules but if any1 in society did u get shit so for that im off to steal a car and if they ask im just going to say well its ok for the police to play psp`s on there job so i do wtf i want too and i can just blame gta for my behavior lol jk jk jk

pt9087
January 26th, 2007, 00:50
Haha, it would be funny if he was playing Scarface. lol.

Yobumtin
January 26th, 2007, 01:16
You can make out some kind of image or logo on the screen. That is if its not some kind of glare. Can't figure out what game it is though.

EDIT: Wow I'm dumb. That's part of the tree. >_>

shadowhawk22
January 26th, 2007, 03:23
This is good press for video games. I don't see a problem with it. If our men in blue like it, I think everyone else should be cool with it... I mean, they are respectable in our community... I'm glad to see it. Keep it up "coppa".

baracki96
January 26th, 2007, 03:24
Nice, now they would have been joisted if that thing actually collapsed. It would be simply awesome if he was using popstation to play GTAII on 3.03oe.

eazy-e
January 26th, 2007, 04:17
he wuz playin gta killin da copz

Veskgar
January 26th, 2007, 07:11
Yeah so what! If all they were tasked to do was watch a wall in case of collapse, nothing wrong with a quick PSP session. Now if they were "oblivious" to a bank robbery or something and let the bad guys get away that would be another story.

Anyway, I can relate. I was fired for playing my PSP.

he wuz playin gta killin da copz
There isn't anything cool or funny about "killin copz".

cal360
January 26th, 2007, 07:46
I don't see anything wrong with him playing on his PSP you never know he could be part of the community

fatfrost
January 26th, 2007, 08:45
Well, i don't know if anyone in the U.K saw the investigation into U.K cops in Leicester a few months back, but the undercover reporter showed footage of the police playing cricket in the station and hide and seek with their police cars all night long, when they were meant to be helping out with things like rape cases, Sad.
The police are the biggest organized crime gang in the world, the only reason why they don't want any other gangs around.

Uchiha Sasuke
January 26th, 2007, 08:57
Haha and I wanna be a traffic cop in the next five years. If I get to play PSP on duty then I really look forward to it! Kidding, I wouldn't dream of taking my PSP on the beat with me. Got a job to do.

kiore
January 26th, 2007, 10:48
is that GTA their playin'?

Bytrix
January 26th, 2007, 12:33
What's with all the questions asking what the game was? It says in the article that it was a football game. Most likely PES6 or Fifa07.

NovaKane
January 26th, 2007, 13:16
The person that took the pictures probably was mad that they bricked their PSP trying to downgrade. They saw the cops enjoying theirs and decided to snitch lol.

voorheesda
January 26th, 2007, 13:40
Or if he played pursuit force, maybe he isnt statisfied with his current job to look at a fallng wall, they could just put up signs around that area. That they should watch out for falling walls.

The King
January 26th, 2007, 16:17
man this is the first time i hear of some thing like this and good for them playing and bad for them for not warning peaple about the wall

PEAPLE DIED BECAUSE OF THEM WELL I THINK I READ THAT

FBomb
January 26th, 2007, 21:30
man this is the first time i hear of some thing like this and good for them playing and bad for them for not warning peaple about the wall

PEAPLE DIED BECAUSE OF THEM WELL I THINK I READ THAT

I think it was referring to other walls that had collapsed before they sent officers out to watch them.

And playing a psp aint that bad. Hell i once saw a cop sparkin a bowl in the front of his squad car.

pank
January 27th, 2007, 00:27
Maybe one cop playing psp and the other is watching out.I don't see anythin bad here.
I liked that photo because i can see cops are like us.
So whats wrong?

Zer_T
January 27th, 2007, 01:53
Pfftt... I have seen cops using their own onboard cruiser laptops playing solitaire. Obviously you get bored on the job either way. So... yeah I feel bad for them.

DragonPimpsta
January 27th, 2007, 03:21
they were using MapThis! to find the nearest donut shop

angusW
January 28th, 2007, 06:45
I don't see what the problem is. If that wall was going to come down, it's not like the cops could hold it up and stop it from falling.

Uchiha Sasuke
January 29th, 2007, 09:05
I don't see what the problem is. If that wall was going to come down, it's not like the cops could hold it up and stop it from falling.

Yeah but they were there to ensure people either didn't get hurt by the wall falling on them, or good ol' British hoodie yobs didn't come along and push the wall down. Being engrossed in the PSP meant they probably wouldn't have been aware if something like this happened outside the cop car.