PDA

View Full Version : Sony goofed again! Hello World on all v2.0-3.03 firmwares!

wraggster
January 26th, 2007, 00:49
Some very interesting news from Fanjita:

You remember that the only thing holding us back from a downgrader for v3.03 was the lack of a user-mode exploit?

Well, we don't like to be held back from anything, so we went back to basics and looked over some of the old exploits. And what do you know? We found one!

We did a little digging into the old GTA exploit, and discovered that it hadn't been properly patched after all. We'll leave it as an exercise for the interested reader to figure out exactly how we got past the patch (and to give Sony a little while longer before the head-slapping "Doh!" moment ).

But the short version is that we can now run code again via Grand Theft Auto : Liberty City Stories. You want some proof? Check out the Goofy Hello World download below.

Some details on how to use it:

You need an original, unpatched GTA:LCS game. See here and here for tips on how to check your version, although it can be confusing. The new copies that you find in the shops now will not work.
This only works for Liberty City Stories, not Vice City Stories.
Extract the files from the ZIP into the /PSP/SAVEDATA folder on your memory stick.
Start the GTA game, and enjoy the feeling of freshly-minted homebrew :D

And what of the future? Well, we should have a 3.03 downgrader ready within the week, using this exploit. Watch this space!

Screenshot and Download Via Comments
via noobz (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=88888898)

http://digg.com/gadgets/Homebrew_on_All_PSP_Firmwares_A_Reality

SnoopKatt
January 26th, 2007, 00:50
Good to know, congrats to everyone who can take advantage of this :)

F9zDark
January 26th, 2007, 00:51
Nice, now Sony 3.03 users can enjoy some homebrew also once more comes of this.

Tetris999
January 26th, 2007, 00:57
Finally maybe the psp wont ever have restrictions on how it is able to be used as a homebrew device yay!

justcerfin
January 26th, 2007, 00:58
Good Job fellas. I know a buddy who will be very happy.

fistikuffs
January 26th, 2007, 01:00
Wow! This amazing. With noobz and dax on our side sony is doomed to fail ha ha!!

vision
January 26th, 2007, 01:04
About time...congratz

soad825
January 26th, 2007, 01:06
they better watch out sony is going to have to get noobz and dax to stop these downgraders and other thiings :)

Yobumtin
January 26th, 2007, 01:09
Yaahooo. Then I'll have two homebrew compatible psps. :] Thats exciting. :]
Nice work. :]

blackdaze
January 26th, 2007, 01:14
well dun lads but i fear da worst at the same time how is sony gonna react to dis i hope game releases dont get slowen down cuz every 1 is waiting for crisis core :(

happy_mak
January 26th, 2007, 01:16
KABO..O...O..O..OOM!!!
OMG news of the day... frankly i see this scenario turning into HackerA vs HackerB in terms of who cracks it first... rather than Sony vs Hackers.

Honestly does anyone worry about Sony? No matter what they launch will eventually get hacked, the prize and position is who gets there first.. Great going all the hacker teams who make lame and noob PSP owners like me all interested in the device

xg917
January 26th, 2007, 01:30
hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, wut homebrew games can u play on 3.03 now? and wut happens after the exploit loads, i dont get to see the rest in the video..

scarph
January 26th, 2007, 01:33
when will it end

mavsman4457
January 26th, 2007, 01:40
Hahahaha, now this is just silly. Homebrew scene cannot be stopped and I say that with no authority or help in the accomplishment whatsoever so i really have no right to say it but still. This is just getting ridiculous and a big congrats to the NOOBZ team because I know it wasn't just Fanjita's work. This is excellent news as I had a friend who I downgraded from 2.71 to 1.5 then later he upgraded to 3.0 something for some reason. Now the dirty little rascal will be rewarded for his stupidity, what a world, hello world that is.

Cloudhunter
January 26th, 2007, 01:48
Wow. Owned.

Within a week, all firmwares downgradable.

Am I the only one who is almost speechless?

Cloudy.

gunntims0103
January 26th, 2007, 01:50
This is great news for 3.03 users :)

I hope a downgrader is out soon so that 3.03 users can enjoy homebrew and hopefully upgrade to 3.03OE-C to take advantage of the full psp experience.

mavsman4457
January 26th, 2007, 01:53
It's a good feeling to have to know that right now, there is near nothing more that the homebrew scene could do to hack the PSP. It's practically homebrew bliss.

ExcruciationX
January 26th, 2007, 01:55
Amazing...

Simply amazing...

OttoKrieg
January 26th, 2007, 02:00
I'm lost for words...

the_eternal_dark
January 26th, 2007, 02:05
Hell yes. This is great to hear. What is the method of the exploit?

-=me=-
January 26th, 2007, 02:06
yea! save data cheat device once again!
gotta love fanjita

redhotchilimando
January 26th, 2007, 02:08
oh crap, my psp's umd reader doesnt work, can i still downgrade??? :(

Mr. Shizzy
January 26th, 2007, 02:14
This is unbelievable news :D :D :D Awesome !!!
The PSP hacking scene is stronger than ever.

Jonesyxxiv
January 26th, 2007, 02:23
This is awesome.

F9zDark
January 26th, 2007, 02:24
oh crap, my psp's umd reader doesnt work, can i still downgrade??? :(

There is no downgrader yet, but if there was, the answer would be no. You need to have GTA:LCS to make this work, and that means starting the game, loading a saved game, etc.

You're up shit's creek; and if you have 3.03, you had better get it repaired now before another update comes, since Sony's repair policy is "Upgrade the Firmware after Repairs."

Or just buy another PSP.

brainpan
January 26th, 2007, 02:30
I bought a good copy of GTA:LCS. It's just sitting around collecting dust if anyone wants it. I am not giving it away of course but would be willing to do a trade. I have a Wii and obviously a PSP. Just send me a message if your interested.

redhotchilimando
January 26th, 2007, 02:34
There is no downgrader yet, but if there was, the answer would be no. You need to have GTA:LCS to make this work, and that means starting the game, loading a saved game, etc.

You're up shit's creek; and if you have 3.03, you had better get it repaired now before another update comes, since Sony's repair policy is "Upgrade the Firmware after Repairs."

Or just buy another PSP.

hmm, i found a cheap umd reader on ebay, i'll just replace it myself :D

Jpdeathblade
January 26th, 2007, 02:47
Awesome!!!! Good thing I kept my second psp at 3.00, I cant wait for the downgrader so I can get 3.03 oe on both of them! Homebrew 4 Ever!

wolfrainxd
January 26th, 2007, 02:58
how do i no which kind of gta LC stories to get?

Deathnix
January 26th, 2007, 03:00
Heeh, this is just great.

mexicansnake
January 26th, 2007, 03:01
Omg Thanx Ill Get My New Blue Psp In Less Of A Week, And Then This!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

You Rock Fanjita :D

animekid4
January 26th, 2007, 03:07
www.sonyownedagain.justgotowned.com

baracki96
January 26th, 2007, 03:16
I read this, got up from my computer, walked 10 minuets to a a friends house, knocked on the door and simply said, " Hello world, hello downgrader." She instantly knew what I meant and proceeded to log onto a psp site that I won't mention to avoid redirecting psp new's traffic and pranced, literally pranced around her apartment in joy. It's always fun to see peoples reacions in real life, and Fanjita and his team have truly hit a gold mine by potentially simulataniously discovering cracks for multiple firmwares at once:)

Emeriastone
January 26th, 2007, 03:18
effing insane!

Elven6
January 26th, 2007, 03:21
Finally! Too bad I gave my GTA away when I accidently took my cusins PSP, I would get it back but I aint spenden 2g on a plane ticket!

sotyrulz
January 26th, 2007, 03:22
this...is... HUGE!!

im going to go rent it from blockbuster when the downgrader is released, and hope they have an older version...

but the question is... will it work on TA-082 and TA-086?

penileartery
January 26th, 2007, 03:26
yeah. thats my question too, im getting a new psp and i dont wana get a ta-082 or whatever was worthless. is there anyway to tell on the box?

mexicansnake
January 26th, 2007, 03:31
The best part is that I still having my GTA LCS UMD!!!! :D

tophead420
January 26th, 2007, 03:33
lmao looks like all you people on any firmware above 2.8 have some hope now. so if i was any of you wait you may see a downgrader in your future and to the guys at noobs great work and keep it up.

Basil Zero
January 26th, 2007, 03:45
Woot!!

Revolution for the Noobs!

LMAO

Elven6
January 26th, 2007, 03:46
O I forgot about TA 082, I have it!

Shadowblind
January 26th, 2007, 03:56
Sony: Roll over. Your done.

luis_05
January 26th, 2007, 04:25
wow!!! i have a 1.5 but im still amazed how these hackers keep finding these exploits, noobz is just amazing, 10 freaking thumbs up

mavsman4457
January 26th, 2007, 05:23
I'm pretty sure that TA 082 people can still downgrade so don't worry.

funy56
January 26th, 2007, 05:49
Hi Anyone can help me? I download the file and save it in my psp/savedata and I got the GTA _LCS. The game start and it went the screen(show the fire and the message of Nooz) it just kept showing the same screen. how can I activate the homebrew? I have delete my eloader 99.5. Do I need eloader?
My PSP version is 3.02

Cheers
funy56

redhotchilimando
January 26th, 2007, 06:05
Hi Anyone can help me? I download the file and save it in my psp/savedata and I got the GTA _LCS. The game start and it went the screen(show the fire and the message of Nooz) it just kept showing the same screen. how can I activate the homebrew? I have delete my eloader 99.5. Do I need eloader?
My PSP version is 3.02

Cheers
funy56

silly noob, that's not a downgrader, it's just a program to show that you can use homebrew on higher firmwares, as the guys in noobz.eu said, a downgrader will be available within the week

devmas
January 26th, 2007, 06:32
Soon... every single PSP out there (minus the unlucky ones that have busted UMD drives :() can be downgraded.

I hope that this downgrader will feature the TA-082 - TA-086 support.

funy56
January 26th, 2007, 06:51
Thnks redhotchilimando,

I hope they come up the eloader version.

Veskgar
January 26th, 2007, 06:56
This is another groundbreaking development. If Fanjita and the rest of the team can pull this off they deserve a ton of support. I hope a lot of grateful people send some donations their way.

I mean seriously, where the hell would we be without these talented coders?

This definitely has the potential to be one of the biggest developments ever in PSP homebrew. Now I can look more seriously into getting a silver-metallic colored PSP.

What a day! First 3.03 OE-C and now this news.

I must address the issue of a lot of people saying they hope SONY fails. Why do we want SONY to fail? The PSP is great and SONY is responsible for it. If SONY fails, commercial games will stop being released and new firmware features will stop being implemented.

I can relate to wanting SONY to be defeated in their attempts to limit the consumers use of the PSP but I in no way want them to fail. Regarding the PSP I want SONY to do good.

I am happy that Fanjita decided not to share the details of the exploit yet. SONY does have people monitoring the "underground" for developments such as this. We want SONY to be left in the dark for the most part so they continue to release new firmware but without more patches and fixes to block out exploits.

With the latest developments its just going to be a balance. SONY cannot stop homebrew and if they try to fight us too hard they will only attract more users to turn to the dark side so to speak. We need SONY more than we admit. I mean would it be as much fun and exciting if SONY abandoned the PSP? What if commercial games slowed to a trickle and then stopped being released altogether?

My point is that this has turned into a never-ending tug of war and has evolved in such a way that both sides need each other to continue on with success and enthusiasm. Hopefully SONY can now just focus on better, more original PSP games instead of "security revisions".

Look at this way, if SONY said tomorrow that they were going to slowly end support for the PSP and focus just on PS3 and other products we would all be like "oh f**k!". It would be a sad. Sure we would have plenty of homebrew to enjoy but it wouldn't be the same. There is that universal draw to doing something we are not supposed to, lol. It makes it feel more.... naughty! But in a good way.

titch.ryan
January 26th, 2007, 07:13
hah sony need to hire you guys!!

dejkirkby
January 26th, 2007, 07:40
Firmware 3.10 released soon? I think so.

psphax
January 26th, 2007, 08:24
Awesome, I'm amazed...GO FANJITA w00t!

Baboon
January 26th, 2007, 08:24
And what of the future? Well, we should have a 3.03 downgrader ready within the week, using this exploit. Watch this space

Can the homebrew news get any better than this???? :thumbup:

I'm glad I've still got my original, unpatched GTA:LCS game as no doubt i'll be helping out a lot more people now to get on to the homebrew scene again. :rofl:

This is fookin amazing news! :D

razorak
January 26th, 2007, 09:52
i think that at least for 3.03 ta-082s, if there's no direct downgrader, there'll be a downgrader to 2.71 and from there to 1.5 and the rest of the not so special motherboards can use the generic downgrader.

On a more important note, we still have to wait and see how things develops, especially if Team C+D's kernel exploit will work. Though i feel that as long as there's user mode, there's hope for a downgrader.

Happy news people, this makes all firmwares have at least a user mode exploit. Say hello to 3.04 soon...Zzz

kiore
January 26th, 2007, 10:42
You guys have no idea how many people would bow down and kiss your feet if this code could actually be used as a downgrader of sorts or mabe to just add extra features to existing sony firmwares.

Orsom.

mnuhaily22
January 26th, 2007, 11:49
Cool, now just a matter of time until a downgrader...

shrimpidy
January 26th, 2007, 12:03
Yes, Yes, "y" "e" "s"

appie01
January 26th, 2007, 12:35
:thumbup: this is great for all the people in this scene the more people with homebrew friendly psp's the more fun and hopefully some good coders

for me its not that important i already have an 1.5 and a 3.03 oe-c and dowgraded all my friends psp's to :thumbup: still this is great i remember i downgraded my first psp and i was shaking :thumbup:

that poor poor sony :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NovaKane
January 26th, 2007, 13:02
The homebrew scene can't stop, won't stop. Sony...take that, take that.

*does the the Diddy dance*

But seriously, I'm using 3.03 OE-C so I just have my copy of GTA: LCS (unpatched of course) lying around. I used it back when the exploit for 2.00 was found, then 2.60. Good times lol.

I can't wait to see how Sony reacts when the downgrader is released. Though I wonder @ this point, could this be good or bad for us PSP users in the future? Like, could Sony/developers really get fed up and just stop working on the PSP altogether? I know they're tired of getting pwned consistently.

The saga continues...

M Dash
January 26th, 2007, 13:03
Now THIS is something GREAT for the PSP scene... And to think that some people actually tought that the scene was dieing a couple of months ago... lool

tophead420
January 26th, 2007, 13:30
The homebrew scene can't stop, won't stop. Sony...take that, take that.

*does the the Diddy dance*

But seriously, I'm using 3.03 OE-C so I just have my copy of GTA: LCS (unpatched of course) lying around. I used it back when the exploit for 2.00 was found, then 2.60. Good times lol.

I can't wait to see how Sony reacts when the downgrader is released. Though I wonder @ this point, could this be good or bad for us PSP users in the future? Like, could Sony/developers really get fed up and just stop working on the PSP altogether? I know they're tired of getting pwned consistently.

The saga continues...

ye i remember the 2.6 downgrader like it was yesterday. i still remember all those people saying theres not gonna be a 2.6 downgrader, and look what happens the 2.6 downgrader was released and now this all firmwares are downgradable wow this is awesome looks like my friend with the 2.81 has hope now. all i have to do is wait for the downgrader to be released then downgrade it for him. he dont know squat about what a psp is capable of exepct for what hes seen me doing with mine but anyways cant wait till the downgrader is released so i can have three successful downgrades im going to be 3 for 3 on downgrading :thumbup:

Cloudhunter
January 26th, 2007, 13:32
Now THIS is something GREAT for the PSP scene... And to think that some people actually tought that the scene was dieing a couple of months ago... lool

People are ALWAYS thinking the PSP scene is dying... They are just impatient.

Of course the downgrade will work on TA-082 :) My guess it will probably be a porting of HEN-D to 3.03... Although Dark_AleX has already done that effectively with 3.03OE :)

Good times are ahead for all :)

Cloudy

scottyboynow
January 26th, 2007, 13:36
My brothers gonna be happy, he upgraded to 3.01, I will give him my GTA:LCS for the Eloader or dongrader then I will make sure hes on 3.03OE-C.

Axelius
January 26th, 2007, 14:29
This is great news for the psp scene.

The funny thing is that I'm still scared of downgrading my 2.80...

blackrave
January 26th, 2007, 14:38
Noobz work extremely fast and good! 3.03 has been out for .. 2 months max? Congratulations to everyone on 2.81 and up, it won't be long before you can enjoy some homebrew, I'm sure. ;)

I wonder how Sony will react to this. :p
Noobz, you are great!

Veskgar
January 26th, 2007, 15:25
A lot of people like my brother foolishly upgraded to 2.81 to play games like Socom 2 & MGS: PO so if noobz an pull this off it will be a godsend to many.

Elven6
January 26th, 2007, 15:57
I know its a bit early but hopefully methods beside GTA can be discovered, since I don't have my unpatched GTA n e more.

Tron_Fan
January 26th, 2007, 16:02
Any chance this would evolve into an actual eLoader for 3.03?

Elven6
January 26th, 2007, 16:06
But the question is: how?

acn010
January 26th, 2007, 16:08
nice :P
sony can react and take it against us?

eatnooM
January 26th, 2007, 16:09
I wonder how Sony will react to this. :p

3.04 anyone?

S34MU5
January 26th, 2007, 17:00
owned,

there are gonna be many threads made by n00bs about this. I can feel it, in my bones.

scottyboynow
January 26th, 2007, 17:02
- Revisions to security have been added. Lol.

acn010
January 26th, 2007, 17:03
a power that is rising!
come noobs and follow the light to hombrew!
lol, hope theres a downgrader that is safe for noobs :P

markbarkins
January 26th, 2007, 17:05
Nice. My friend is a homebrew noob and upgraded to 2.81 even though I told him not to. He's been seriously regretting it after I told him about 3.03 OE. This'll make the retard happy.

EDIT: BTW just to clarify, this does require GTA: LCS? The unpatched version?

aCoL
January 26th, 2007, 17:43
sucks you have to have a game to do it :(

EDIT:

samus your 3.03 downgrrader should come to this thread now :)

Fanjita
January 26th, 2007, 17:51
KABO..O...O..O..OOM!!!
OMG news of the day... frankly i see this scenario turning into HackerA vs HackerB in terms of who cracks it first... rather than Sony vs Hackers.

Honestly does anyone worry about Sony? No matter what they launch will eventually get hacked, the prize and position is who gets there first.. Great going all the hacker teams who make lame and noob PSP owners like me all interested in the device

Nah, actually it's better that a lot of the serious hackers are doing a good job of working together these days. It's egotistical one-upmanship that tends to slow down the scene, not help it.

You guys have no idea how many people would bow down and kiss your feet if this code could actually be used as a downgrader of sorts or mabe to just add extra features to existing sony firmwares.

There will be a downgrader from this. There are a few hurdles to overcome, but nothing we can't handle.

Hell, the dream of being able to downgrade ALL PSPs is just too good to let pass.

Any chance this would evolve into an actual eLoader for 3.03?

Maybe. But first will be a downgrader, and since a HEN port is one of the easiest ways to achieve that, and HEN is generally a better solution, we may just stick with that.

But the question is: how?

;)

I'll leave that open to speculation, since it's a fun moment when you realise the answer. And I wouldn't want to ruin that moment for Sony.

scottyboynow
January 26th, 2007, 17:56
Hahaha, nice one fanjita, my brother worships you.

Cloud_35
January 26th, 2007, 18:05
:rofl:Ahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahah!!!:rofl:

Did That Hurt Ya Sony???????? They're PWNING u!!!!!!!!:rofl:

That's awesome!! how did they do it????

tsurumaru
January 26th, 2007, 18:31
sucks you have to have a game to do it :(

Sucks that you have to actually own a legal copy of one of the most popular PSP titles out there? LOL I think you might need to rephrase that ;) (Age ratings not withstanding).

Elven6
January 26th, 2007, 18:35
The odds are if you have a firmware higher then 2.80 your probably don't have the ability to run backups on your psp.

kjetil1991
January 26th, 2007, 18:48
why have they not tested how the demos is working and why they work but not homebrew?

Elven6
January 26th, 2007, 19:33
They can't since it only works on GTA LCS

scarph
January 26th, 2007, 19:40
this is serious.
what if sony just cant figure out whats wrong
they cant fix tiff or this

maybe they just dont know how

eatnooM
January 26th, 2007, 20:02
why have they not tested how the demos is working and why they work but not homebrew?

I'll take a stab at answering this >.>

The demos are signed, which allows them to run. Homebrew is unsigned, which is why it's so evil to run it. It's easier to find exploits that allow unsigned code to be run than to find which algorithms are used to generate the signature and apply it to homebrew. It's probably more legal this way too >_>

If any of that sounds like crap, I just wanted to use the word algorithm.

buildit92
January 26th, 2007, 20:23
trying to use algorithm to act smart. i do that to. but still Sony should just deal with it. and make a firmware which allows people to use homebrew. with that more people would be the psp. for the homebrew sence i think it is almost complete. i think sony will give up by the end of this year and wont give a shit any more. now sence all firmwares have been hack, sony will come up with a new firmware in a two weeks. just allittle bit longer and they will give up and the psp will be a homebrew machine.

SSaxdude
January 26th, 2007, 21:22
I was fearing that there might not be an exploit for 2.81+ ever (or maybe for a long time.) Looks like my wishes have been answered.

LilSwish722
January 26th, 2007, 21:49
What will happen later? Will we still need GTA becuase I don't have it? And do you need the patched or unpatched version of this game?...I have a 3.0 And I've been DYING for this. Great job guys

Shrygue
January 26th, 2007, 21:55
Oh yes, this is truly good to hear. Someone at work accidently upgraded his PSP to 2.81 from 2.71 and wants to downgrade and get onto custom firmware 3.03-OE. Hopefully a downgrader should be made soon, maybe a week or so.

wolfrainxd
January 26th, 2007, 22:49
i was thinking about selling my 2.82 psp but now i have changed my mind. Hope a downgrader come out soon

wolfpack
January 27th, 2007, 00:42
thats the way to peckerslap sony

aries2k4
January 27th, 2007, 01:07
Wow total victory for the homebrew community(well at least until the next fw maybe).
David has beaten Goliath, lol
Way to go Noobz team. looks like you guys were diggin away for a user exploit and you found one.
Congratulations!!!

mavsman4457
January 27th, 2007, 02:21
I'll take a stab at answering this >.>

The demos are signed, which allows them to run. Homebrew is unsigned, which is why it's so evil to run it. It's easier to find exploits that allow unsigned code to be run than to find which algorithms are used to generate the signature and apply it to homebrew. It's probably more legal this way too >_>

If any of that sounds like crap, I just wanted to use the word algorithm.

Hahaha, great post, just a great post.

soad825
January 27th, 2007, 02:37
yeah i thought you noobs knew but unsigned code=a way for someone to make a psp back-up player.

i don't support piracy(of umds sorry lol) nor do i wish to use it if i downgrade my psp.

BlackJackRatso
January 27th, 2007, 02:57
this is serious.
what if sony just cant figure out whats wrong
they cant fix tiff or this

maybe they just dont know how

hmm mabye that means a portion of the bug fixes might either be not 100% or fake...

Who knows there could many doors that can be re-opened because of something like this.

Oh just because I forgot....

YES! there is hope for downgrading my 3.01:D

l33t haxer
January 27th, 2007, 04:16
Alright.. so i just copy the saves of GTA to my psp and wait for the downgrader and instructions meh?

Emeriastone
January 27th, 2007, 06:52
I know this is kinda a strange question, but has anyone gotten the hello world application to run on their 3.03 OE firmwares?

I kinda wanted to try it for myself on 3.03 OE-B but it doesn't work. Do you have the same results?

gunntims0103
January 27th, 2007, 07:07
hmm mabye that means a portion of the bug fixes might either be not 100% or fake...

Who knows there could many doors that can be re-opened because of something like this.

Oh just because I forgot....

YES! there is hope for downgrading my 3.01:D

Sony, i believe have the ability to patch the firmware entirely if they really wanted to. Sony i think isn't making "stopping homebrew" its number one priority. Sure they add some minor security updates here and there in there firmware updates, but they are probably mainly focused on improving the psx emulator as they are probably having some bugs that still have to get fixed and improvements that still have to be made.

Thats not to say that they aren't making a effort to get rid of homebrew as they have stopped many hacks and exploits that have surfaced so far.

There is always a way to decrypt and find a loop whole in a code, This also pertains to a firmware. So basically Sony would have to rewrite there entire firmware to thus rid homebrew, even if they do so. A new exploit would surface sooner or later.

steve201286
January 27th, 2007, 10:49
This might be a dumb question, but, how do you know if you are buying a patched or un-patched version of GTA:LCS?

Cloudhunter
January 27th, 2007, 11:02
This might be a dumb question, but, how do you know if you are buying a patched or un-patched version of GTA:LCS?

The patched version comes with a 2.60 update, the unpatched version comes with a 2.00 update :)

Cloudy

steve201286
January 27th, 2007, 11:15
So when you are in the shop you don't know which you will be buying. But the chances of getting an un-patched game are increased if you buy a pre-owned one. Correct?

goaliedude
January 27th, 2007, 12:45
wow amazing news for me cause im retarded and upgraded but ill be back at it soon thanks to the NOOBZ team. Ahh.. remiids me of the days of hello world for 2.71-2.80 lol

Justise
January 27th, 2007, 17:59
It is the first time i want to kiss someone!
Oh God! I cant wait for the downgrade to be ready! Please make it fast! I realy need it!

Elven6
January 27th, 2007, 19:05
If you are going to buy the used version bring your PSP with you and check which update comes with it, if it is 2.00 then ur good, if its 2.60 then drop that shit n run!

Junixx
January 27th, 2007, 19:19
Congrats I have one or two friends who would be interested in this :thumbup:

Elven6
January 27th, 2007, 19:30
Question for those who got this working:

Do the old eloaders work?

Hiei311
January 27th, 2007, 19:58
damn just in time 2, cuz my psp lcd screen exploded, by march they will have 3.03 fully hack right?

ab_geee_eee
January 27th, 2007, 22:42
If they make a downgrader by Sunday i will be very happy!!! Ohhh it would be so cool having a ver 1.5 . But by the way if they make a downgrader will you have to get some files by yourself???

LilSwish722
January 27th, 2007, 22:48
yes. you would need to get the Eboots by yourself. If they supply them it becomes illegal.

-=me=-
January 28th, 2007, 04:08
not hard to get eboots though, quick google search

mavsman4457
January 28th, 2007, 04:49
Wait, quick question and I have a guess to the answer. If a downgrader comes out for 3.03, can a TA082 downgrader for 3.03 be made easily. I am pretty sure that it can be easily made because that's how it turned out with 2.80 but I'm not sure.

Jpdeathblade
January 28th, 2007, 04:53
wouldnt the firmwear act the same on the TA so you could downgrade it but only so much

Shadowblind
January 28th, 2007, 04:57
Everybody pay attention: We are seeing the final downfall of one of the greatest game companies gone bad. We should all remember how Awesome Sony was at the release at the PS2...days gone by. :(

mavsman4457
January 28th, 2007, 05:10
This isn't going to be a big hit for them. They still have plenty of oblivious PSP owners that don't know what homebrew is. As well, they have the Euro PS3 launch coming up and by that time the PS3 will have many good updates. It isn't like Sony is just going to fall off the map. They are a good company regardless of how good they are at stopping or containing homebrew.

ab_geee_eee
January 28th, 2007, 13:03
But why would i need to get eboots for. Don't you need only one to downgrade?

Justise
January 28th, 2007, 19:01
Oh! I'm geting nervus!....

ab_geee_eee
January 28th, 2007, 19:10
So am I...............................

soad825
January 28th, 2007, 19:18
well it is sunday now so this should be out by wednsday right?

So what are the chances of bricking my psp?

soad825
January 28th, 2007, 19:24
Everybody pay attention: We are seeing the final downfall of one of the greatest game companies gone bad. We should all remember how Awesome Sony was at the release at the PS2...days gone by. :(

They're getting f***** in the A** from ps3's not the psp so what a lot of people do this and download iso loaders for psp there's still 2/3 of the world who still pay for umds and the slowing down of umd production won't be from this what's a a developing team for a game gonna be doing making a firm ware upgrade i'm sure they got another team for that and even if they do loose some $ it doesn't matter there sony!:thumbup: